Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
more Kindle questions
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: more Kindle questions
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
more Kindle questions 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 78
Soooo... How many books can you store on a Kindle? Say, for some reason, you order 100 books. Do they all fit on there? If not, what happens to them? If, for some reason, you wanted to move a book from your Kindle to your laptop or desktop computer, can you do that? With a cable? With a thumb drive?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:more Kindle questions 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 47
Honestly, I'm not sure how many books you can keep on your Kindle. It depends on how big the books are, what other media you have stored on it (music, movies, pictures), and what version of Kindle you have. I have an old Kindle fire with an 8GB memory. I have around 50 books on it so far and have barely made a dent in the storage available. The newest version, the Kindle HDX, gives you options on storage size, starting from 16GB to 64GB.

Everything that you purchase on the Kindle is also stored on your cloud drive, which you get automatically when you get a Kindle. If you manage to fill up the internal storage of the Kindle, you can remove books from the device, and they will remain archived in the cloud drive. Also, you can access the cloud drive on your PC through your Amazon account. If you download the free Kindle reader on your computer, you can read the books on your PC. No file transfer or USB cables necessary. You should also have a Kindle email address, so if you have any files on your computer that you want on your Kindle, you can send them to it via that email address.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/12/07 18:54 By CritterWhisperer.

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:more Kindle questions 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
LOL OK, First question is honestly, it depends. I have well over 1,000 books on mine and plenty of space to keep adding. I have the basic Kindle with less than 2 gigs of space and it's only 1/4 full with that. So, you can put a ton on these devices.

The second question is a little more complex. You can use the cloud drive, as stated, or get something called Kindle for PC (it's free from Amazon). You can read them either way. I back up my kindle content on a flash drive regularly. If the books are bought from like Amazon, they aren't going to open with something like Calibre as they are protected content. If you put something like fanfiction on it, you can open it with anything, provided it supports that content.

This is Calibre calibre-ebook.com/ You can not only use it to read on the PC, provided the books aren't protected, but can upload anything you want that way. You can also get the fanfic downloader plugin for it and it'll put the fics right on your kindle (it's one of the few that supports Dokuga and almost every site out there except AFF). It's what I use to transfer things around and put it on there. Trust me, it's easy to run. Even for some of us more tech-challenged!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:more Kindle questions 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 78
Wow, guys, thanks so much for the info! I need to be really cautious about where I spend my $, though I probably should have made that a cent sign, since there's so little of it!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.