Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dealing with Stress
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Dealing with Stress
UnknownRandomness
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
Hello fellow Dokugians,

Does anyone have some good advice on how to deal with stress? I have so much going on at the moment that I can't think straight. My levels of procrastination are at an all-time high, especially with surfing the net to avoid doing things I need to do! *Slaps forehead*

So I would be very grateful if anyone had any tips, tricks, or even types of tea to help reduce stress.

(My apologies if this subject has already been addressed in a thread).

Thanks,
UnknownRandomness

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 47
For me, just lying down for a little while and listening to relaxing music -- instrumental, Gregorian chants, or whatever kind of music you like -- can be a big help. When I say listen to music, I mean really listen to it. Focus on the individual instruments and/or singers' voices. If you're doing that, you can't let your mind wander back to whatever is stressing you out.

I have a number of crafty hobbies that help me deal with stress, especially knitting and spinning yarn because they involve repetitive actions that require little concentration, so I can go into a kind of meditative state.

Also, I find that just sitting back and enjoying a warm cup of tea of any kind is relaxing. I typically drink flavored green tea.

Basically, I suggest doing anything that you enjoy that takes your mind away from whatever is causing your stress. It doesn't help you to constantly worry about one thing or another. Sometimes you just need to block it all from your mind so it can rest for a bit. Afterward, you may have a new view of how to prioritize the tasks you need to get done or how to solve whatever problems you may have.

I hope this helps a little.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 22
Whenever I'm super stressed I pet my dogs. There's something relaxing about just sitting there either with a book or just sitting there showing them some love. If you don't have a four legged furry stress reliever like I do then chamomile tea is a good way to relax or even a mellow lavender tea. I also find that if I can't concentrate on anything I take out a piece of paper and write random things all over it...weird I know but it works and believe me I have a lot of stress lol. Hope that helps.

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
I think either doing chores or working out are good ways to deal with stress. You keep busy, and your blood gets pumping, and after a few hours of thinking of something else, you realize the world is not coming to an end, not this minute, anyway. Not only that, but they are productive in themselves. When you look around the house after washing dishes, washing windows, washing the floor, doing all the laundry- and realize it's all tidy and proper, it gives you a feeling of satisfaction, a job well done, and if you were beating yourself up about being a slob, it's all good. Same with working out, or a long brisk walk. Lifting weights (even little dumbells) or doing yoga are good, because if you're doing it properly, you are regulating your breathing (inhale completely from the bottom of your lungs to the top, and exhale from the top of your lungs all the way to the bottom). By the time you've worked up a sweat, things are usually in a little better perspective.

Logged Logged
mango
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 72
Other than reading my daily dose of Sess/Kag fics, I tend to get out my ipod so I can sing and dance through my chores. Makes them ALOT more bearable! Of course the kids get really embarrassed and hide while I'm doing this LOL! I get to forget about all the stressful stuff for a while and when I'm done I feel great.

Logged Logged
UnknownRandomness
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
Thank you everyone for your great ideas. I will certainly be giving them a go.
I feel much better already just from recieving some advice, Haha. Thanks again, I hope all of you have nice, stress-free days

Logged Logged
Ulam
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I go for walks, nice way to enjoy yer enviroment (even people watching!) :}

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Dealing with Stress 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 57
Draw, read fanfiction, watch movies, gaming, or going for a nice long walk.

Hobbies are great things to have. You could try switching off the PC, Ipod, phone, TV, and everything else that's a distraction and just try to relax. Even a midday nap can make you feel a whole lot better too.

~ Pyre

P.S: Try to get plenty of regular sleep each day/night, eat right, and exercise too. Sleep is especially important. You lose that and you've already lost a whole day being overtired and cranky.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.