Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Spam assault...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Spam assault...
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Hey everyone!!

I'm sorry I've not been able to respond to messages as quickly as usual, but we've been having a HUGE problem with the forum spammers lately, as many of you may have seen.

In the past 4 days, I've had to do hourly scans on over 2,000 accounts to make sure that the spammers haven't managed to activate them. This has been incredibly time-consuming and, although I do the sweeps during my waking hours, I do need sleep, y'know? Unfortunately, being in the Eastern time zone of the U.S., that's when they strike most often.

I thank everyone who's alerted us to the spam posts - rest assured, we get notifications of them as well. I'm doing the best I can to zap their accounts before they can post, but a few will still get through. Thank you all for your patience as we battle this plague, and for your understanding the problems I'm having keeping up with the spammers, my RL workload, and your messages.

Just wanted to give you all an update and assure you that we're working hard to keep Dokuga spam-free!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
cassandra
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
I just have a quick question. Can you get a virus from these spam posts that have been popping up? Because there have been times I didn't realize it was a spam post and clicked on it and was just afraid I may have exposed my computer to a virus.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Not unless you clicked on the links in the post itself. Clicking on the post in the forum will not give you a virus, as the site has an antivirus installed, but the links inside the posts might.

Do NOT click on links in posts in the forum unless you are sure that they are links that pertain to Sess/Kag, or the site itself! Or, unless you know the person posting is a valid member of the site!! Otherwise, you should be fine!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

tenchi no mai
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 60
I'm sure it can never be said enough, but Thank You, Wiccan, for all the hard work you do on this site. I know that I appreciate it more than I can say, as this is the only website that I can think of off the top of my head that is totally free of advertising, pop-ups, spam, and all that other junk. Again, thank you!

Logged Logged

Save the Earth...it\\\'s the only planet with chocolate! (Seen on a bumpersticker)
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
What tenchi no mai said!

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 57
knifethrower wrote:
What tenchi no mai said!

Nods, totally a thumbs up for ya Wiccan! o.O Alot of other sites, especially the fanfiction ones get spammed alot in the story reviews too, especially the anonymous ones. I'm glad to have not seen that here on Dokuga, all due to your vigilance.

Thank you!

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Spam assault... 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 60
You are awesome Wiccan! Thanks for all your hard work ^^ I love Dokuga so you looking out for it so well, showing such dedication lets fans like me get to surf the site with ease.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.