Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Favorite Books??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Favorite Books??
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
No YIM's Please!

Okay, I have almost run out of reading material. I am looking for romance novels, mostly supernatural but it doesn't have to be. What are your favorites? I need help! I'll go insane if I don't have books on standby to read. Can anyone recommend something spectacular to me?

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ai Roku
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
I'm not sure if you might have already read any of these but here goes:

Anything by Christine Feehan,Gena Showalter,Sandra Scwhab,Katie MacAlister,
The Dark Hunters Series by Sherilyn Kenyon
The Betsy the Vampire Queen Series by MaryJanice Davidson,
Oh, and Emma Holly if you're in the mood for some kink!
(No YIMS for all of the above)

And The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It is romance, but there aren't really any naughty bits. However, it's a really beautiful story and definitely worth the read.

Or if you're in the mood for a classic, (unfortunately lacking the naughty bits as well)there's always Jane Austen, and Emily and Charlotte Bronte. (Rochester, Darcy, and Heathcliff oh my! )

I know that's a lot, but supernatural romance is my favorite genre so I had a ton of material to work with!

I hope these suggestions help!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/10/15 21:04 By Ai Roku. Reason: Forgot to add something!
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I can't help but comment that I found Pride and Prejudice to be dreadfully dull. My sister tried to get me to read I am Four. I think that was the name of the book. God it was awful. I mean really bad. The prose was of such low quality and the story filled with so many cliches that I just don't understand how it could attract an audience. My sister defended it by saying that as long as the central idea was good(for my sister, this means any story with star crossed lovers) then terrible writing could be excused. Anyway, for a romance novel to catch my attention it needs to have time travel, mass murder and writing that is above the 4th grade level.

Logged Logged
RebaJean
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 16
Here are some of the authors I look for books by when checking out ebooks from the library to read on my computer or tablet. Some are more paranormal action/adventure than romance.

Patricia Briggs
Gail Carriger
Diana Gabaldon
Charlaine Harris
Lauryl K. Hamilton
Kim Harrison
Katie McAlister
C. E. Murphy
Carrie Vaughn

Logged Logged
Haven
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I recommend "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman, a whimsical tale full of magical characters. I've read it many times and it never gets old. Gaiman is a master wordsmith in the classic English gentleman sort of way. He'll make you want to drink cups of tea with biscuits and jam while reading his stories.

The other book is "The Traveler" by John Twelve Hawks. This one is a sci-fi thriller with lots of action, supernatural elements and parallel realities...it just kicks ARSE! Seriously. If you liked Hunger Games, you would like this.

Please note that both stories have amazing male/female leads, and they have a romance that kind of orbit around the main plot but the romance isn't the main focus. Even still, they are both excellent reads. Check them out. Hope you enjoy!

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 17
Not supernatural but the book The Girl with a Pearl Earring was good. Not the naughtiest out there, and not really descriptive when it was naughty but I still immensely enjoyed it. It's got a cheating aspect to it though so if you don't like that, probably not for you.

Other than that, I read a couple books in the Georgia Kincaid series by Richelle Mead and enjoyed what I read. Then again, I read them because I enjoyed the authors YA series. I've also heard good things about her Dark Swans series though I haven't read it. Both are on the naughty side.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/10/15 14:36 By Wunderberry.

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
I only ever read scifi or fantasy stuff, anything by Anne McCaffrey is good, and I mean 'anything'. You might like her 'Freedom Series' about an alien invasion on Earth. It is about a relationship between an alien and a human woman, which isn't as bad as it sounds.

Her Pern series is okay, if you don't mind dragons and people riding them, it's fairly tame though, more about the relationship between people, and their dragons than anything else.

My favourite of hers is probably the 'Ship Who Sang' which is about a cyborg spaceship called 'Helga' whose XO I think is what they call a 'Brawn'. It's actually fairly good, if you're into the whole scifi thing, if not and fantasy if your flavour of the month, than I would recommended anything by R.A Salvatore, the author behind the emergence of the 'Drow' and Drizzt Do'Urden, the drow ranger.

If you want something you can sink your teeth into why not simply read anything by Tolkien, the mastermind behind all fantasy fiction today? Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, and even the Silmarillion are great to bury yourself in if you want quality fantasy fiction to read.

You could always go horror with Stoker's Dracula or Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Mercedes Lackley, and Elizabeth Scarborough are good too, although my all time favourite will always be Tolkien. The man was a genius, what more can I say?

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
here is some as well XD

J.R Ward (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series)

Christina Dodd (Darkness Chosen series)

Shannon Drake (Vampire series)

Larissa Ione (Demonica series)

Alyssa Day (Atlantis series)

Logged Logged
darknessqueen0789
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Here's mine!
Christine Feehan (Carpathian series)
J.R.Ward (The Black Dagger Brotherhood)
Larissa Ione (Demonica series and Lords of Deliverance)
Gena Showalter (Lords of the Underworld)
Kresley Cole (Immortals After Dark)
Alexandra Ivy (Guardian of Eternity)
Pamela Plamer (The Feral Warriors series)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/10/15 17:05 By DarknessQueen0789.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
You might try Victoria Holt, not the naughtiest of books but if I remember correctly the romance is good. Most are romance/mystery.

Mistress of Mellyn and On the Night of the Seventh Moon are 2 of my favorites of hers.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Favorite Books?? 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
You all are awesome! Thank you for you help. Many of these recommendations I have to check out. If any of you think of more books for me, please let me know ^^

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.