Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Twilight
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Twilight
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Okay, this has been on my mind for quite some time now.

I read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer last summer, and I couldn't help but see the ridiculous amount of resemblance Edward has to Sesshomaru... I couldn't help thinking of the story as a Kag/Sess fanfic the whole while I was reading it. They seem so similar to me!

Does anyone else who has read the Twilight series feel the same way? Or is that just my imagination running wild? Again?

Btw, I'm proud to have read that series! It was amazing! So cute. I definately cannot wait until the movie comes out.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
You are surely not the only one! Twilight has become one of my all-time favorite series next to Harry Potter and I too was comparing Sesshoumaru and Ewdard the whole time...gold eyes, aloft persona, unbelievably beautiful...it was all too much alike. I cant wait for the movie to come out as well...although I didnt really like who they cast for it and I am just praying that they do not screw up the book because sadly that happens alot with movies and great literature (exp. 4th Harry Potter movie, in my opinion)

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
Yes, sadly, it does happen a lot with movies and books.

As for the cast, I believe the role of Bella could have been casted a bit more carefully. I don't find her very fitting for her role in this movie. Her acting style just doesn't work! We'll see how that plays out in the movie...

I like Robert, James, and Taylor Lautner, and the others. I think all of them were definately casted right. With the exception of Kristen Stewart. In my eyes at least.

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Sesshomaru or Edward?

I would have to say... Edward? Oh, I really have no idea...

Logged Logged
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
To be honest I don't like none of the cast...but I'm a really picky person so thats not really shocking but I'll see once the movie comes out, if their acting pulls it off I'll be happy and content.

But Sesshoumaru or Edward...that is a really hard choice for me. I have combined them somewhat but if it came down to it I would say...I have no clue I love them both although if they were real I think I would lean more towards Edward but only because I feel I would have a better shot with him... but they aren't real and I am pretty sure I just made myself come off as crazy but oh well, that happens alot

Logged Logged
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
I just read 'Twilight' Sunday/Monday. Yes, finished the whole book in less than 24 hours. I LOVED it. My sister-in-law was talking about going to see the movie, and she got me interested. When I saw previews for it, I was just like, "Eh," and moved on. I didn't recognize ANY of the actors/actresses. Either they're new, or I'm just that old. And I'm only 24. LOL

I cannot wait for it to come out, though. And I am glad that I'm not the only one who saw the Edward/Sesshoumaru cross-overs. I actually thought about writing a Sess/Kag fic based off of 'Twilight' but haven't been able to come up with anything solid yet.

Logged Logged
ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 19
The actor that is playing edward played cedric diggory in Harry potter the girl playing bella was in a few kids movies like catch that kid and a few other things. and right now i have a stroy started that is a IYxTW it is gonna rock if only i can get everything worked out!
if i had to choose between the 2 i would deff go for edward! just cuz he is more my type! lolz

Logged Logged

And my wonderful Icon was made by the equally wonderful Danyealle Myst
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Hehe, me too. I was thinking about doing it for Halloween, but I figured that since I am already writing another fic that is way behind on chapters, it wasn't such a great idea... Oh well. Maybe later, haha.

Robert Pattinson (Edward) played some guy in Harry Potter and Taylor Lautner (Jacob) played in a bunch of movies, one being Shark Boy and Lava Girl in his younger days.

Kristen Stewart (Bella) was in a bunch of movies as well, like The Messenger and stuff like that.

The actor who plays Emmett was actually in Stick It. Hehe, I loved that movie.

Well, I'm not going to list everything, haha.

Logged Logged
XxXM. WatersXxX
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
I so agree--Sesshomaru and Edward are really similar! I'd choose Sesshomaru though any time--any where! I'm so excited about the new movie comming out! I swear I'll be like the only guy that'll be screaming their head off at the premier! LMAO!

Logged Logged
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I think the thing that is bugging me the most about the movie right now is that I don't think Robert Pattinsokn is hot... just my personal opinion though. I can't wait for the movie either way.

It seems though, that everyone who hasn't read the book yet is just reading it before it comes out so they can see the movie and that's annoying me...alot but I guess I'm gonna have to live with.

Logged Logged

Never argue with an idiot: they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
That's exactly my problem, my image of Ewdard is so much more and this is messing with my picture. I'm only hoping he'll play it well enough to make me look past the fact that he isn't Edward material-my opinion as well- and also, in my opinion, I don't believe any of the people playing the Cullens are vampire hottest material...it's not that I think all of them are unattractive but I just don't think they're attractive enough... I know that seems shallow but hey, it's my thoughts lol...the movie comes out in two days! Yay!

Logged Logged
ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 19
* reaches into purse and pulls out tickets* i got mine over a week ago! lol i am going to the midnight showing I SOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT!

Logged Logged

And my wonderful Icon was made by the equally wonderful Danyealle Myst
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
I think the guy who plays Carlisle looks too old. The guy who plays Jasper looks too young. Emmit, Alice and Esme I think have people that portray them well. I know the girl that plays Bella is only 18 but I think she looks too old.

Either I'm pathetically stuck at their appearances or I have a tendency to hate directors that are directing a movie that's based off a book or books... I think it's the latter of the two choices.

Like Eragon... I almost cried when I saw the movie they so butchered the book... Actually when I think about it so far that's the only movie that I read the book before I watched it... Twilight will be the second one that I read the book first and I'm hoping the differences won't ruin the movie for me when I do get to see it.

My dad is mad that I want to see the movie so much because he hates anything with vampires in it. He got mad that I bought the books, when I told him about the movie and how much I wanted to see it... let's just say I thought his heart was going to explode:ohmy:

Logged Logged

Never argue with an idiot: they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
I agree--I think that Pattinson is totally the wrong person for Edware's character. I had another image of him and now when ever I tried to read the book again, I keep picturing Pattinson instead! Anyways, I've already bought my tickets online! xD

Logged Logged
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
I hope to be able to see it tomorrow. The first showing here is at 12:05 and ends at 2:00 and being in school makes that impossible... Also my mother is evilly strict; in bed at 12:00 on school nights. No question... I wanna cry.

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 24
I am a real sucker for vampire love novels, so I was definitely sucked into the Twilight world. I loved all four novels, though there were minor parts that were a bit irksome in my opinion, but I will not watch the movie.

Why?

Because I do not like any of the cast. I am extremely picky and their cast choices are ridiculous in my eyes. I know the movie will ruin what I think and love about the novel.

Also, Edward is supposed to be deadly, beautiful, and godly. The cast for Edward does not portray any of those qualities. Frankly, I don't find him appealing in the slightest.

But, back to the question at hand, yes; it does seem like Edward and Sesshoumaru are very similiar.

But my first love will always be Sesshoumaru. ;3 lol.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/21 00:16 By Aurora Antheia Raine.

ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
I like some of them not Edward or Jasper (he was supposed to be ancient like civil war, and it looks like they picked him up off the beach in Miami) Carlisle or Bella but despite the fact that I'm not familiar with the actors and actresses, I think the rest of them at least look ok.

I don't kknow if it was just a rumor but I heard that the actress that is playing Belling chose the actor guy. Actually I heard she threatened to not play the part if he wasn't chosen. Though that might be a rumor... I wish they went with someone else for Edward so that there was someone else for Bella...

Logged Logged

Lilium
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Edward should of been Gaspard Ulliel and Bella should have been Emily Browning. They were the original picks.

And as for the Edward Sesshoumaru thing...
I mean they have same similarities...gold eyes...dazzles you without trying...and amazingly beautiful, but they are completly different after that. I to tell you the truth wasn't thinking about Sesshoumaru at all as Edward...ok...ok...except the fact that I replaced him with Edward and me with Bella. But anyway me personally, I don't like to think of Sesshoumaru as someone else completly. He's a demon, Edwards a vampire, leave it at that.

I hope I don't sound mean. Cause I'm not saying this in a mean way. This is my opinion and thats you guys own. I'm not mad, and don't be mad at me...

Logged Logged

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 24
Oh, I didn't realize the current cast for Edward and Bella wasn't the original. What happened to them? The originals, I mean.

Logged Logged

ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
I had heard that she was the original cast and he wasn't... hmm it was just a rumor though.

Logged Logged

DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Yeah, so yesterday I watched the movie, Twilight.

I actually don't think it was too bad!

At first, I kind of thought they would ruin the movie and make it really bad.

Edward, in my opinion, was great. Bella, not so much. She sucked in some parts. I won't spoil the movie for you though. Emmett, amazing. Jasper, pretty good. Alice, perfect! Rosalie, not exactly what I'd been expecting, but great acting. Carlisle, perfect. Esme, okay. James, amazing. Jacob, perfect and completely hot. (Not with long hair though. Ew.) Charlie, he was amazing!

I just wished they wouldn't make it so fast paced. It seemed so rushed. They should have shown more Cullen scenes and Bella and Edward scenes. My personal favorites in the movie are Edward, Alice, Jacob, Emmett, and Charlie. Carlisle was good too.

Logged Logged
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
I'd heard that it was a little rushed, I was just hoping it wasn't too fast. It's good though? I haven't fotten to see it yet. I just hope I get to soon.

Logged Logged

Lilium
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
ShadowTamer wrote:
I had heard that she was the original cast and he wasn't... hmm it was just a rumor though.

I think you're right but my friend told me that information soo...yeah. I do know def. that Emma was the original pick though.

Logged Logged

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
ShadowTamer
Pup
graphgraph
Mmmmm.... ok thanks.

Logged Logged

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
Well, I saw the movie yesterday and unless you've read the book first--you'll totally think it rushed. If you were to see the movie first, you'd see there was no foundation to their love. It's like one moment he's rude--the next he's in love. But, that's just my opinion.

The actors were great, with some exceptions of course. I totally hated Jasper's actor--very...........wrong. Anyways, hope that if you see it, you're like it! ^.^

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.