Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sarah
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sarah
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sarah 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
Remember that Sess-centric episode of the anime in which a girl named Sarah fell in love with Sesshomaru? I have always wondered if Sarah was a name that was in use in Japan at the time. If not, why did the powers that be decide to use a non-Japanese name? The girl was the daughter of a Japanese nobleman, not that of an early missionary, adventurer, or a foundling washed up on shore... According to what I have learned from reading, there was little cultural exchange between Japan and China or India, let alone Europe or the Middle-East, which I had thought was the source of the name. Sarah doesn't SOUND like a typical Japanese name, but is it one of those peculiar cultural universals, like the flood story? Any ideas?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kairou Watoshimi
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Sarah 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 19
It's actually "Sara" which is a Japanese name. I have a friend named Sara (and I would give you the characters but Dokuga isn't letting me post it so...)

So in Kanji my friend's name is "sa" meaning sedge and "ra" meaning good.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/03/04 21:51 By Kairou Watoshimi.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.