Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
FF.N Mass Story Deletion!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: FF.N Mass Story Deletion!
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
Someone PM'ed me about this a couple of days ago. Overall, I'm with r0o, I find that I feel rather indifferent about it all. If they pull my stories, so be it. I can't be bothered to get all worked up about it.

And, if I feel inclined to put them back up, I'll do so. If not, then readers can feel free to look for them on other sites.

Simple as pie!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
Danyealle-sama wrote:
there is also Archive of Our Own You will either need to sign up for an invite or get someone that has an account there to shoot you one. I don't post there but I do know many that like it.

Thanks for the link, Danyealle-sama! I requested an invite, but it seems I'll have to wait till November before my request will be answered.

Unless, of course, someone else sends me an invite. *hint, hint*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/09 19:01 By Lady Sianna.

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
ChaoticReverie
Pup
graphgraph
Stop the Madness!! ff.net anti-deletion petition 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
If you haven't already heard, ff.net is starting to delete stories with mature content (violence/cursing/sexual situations). This is an absolute tragedy, as I can only imagine how much wonderful work is going to be destroyed! Almost all of my stories have some form of mature content, so they would basically just boot me entirely off the site. I don't write stories for children, I write stories for mature readers. I don't know why they suddenly started cracking down so heavily, but I think it's ridiculous. This is supposed to be a fiction site. There aren't many book out there that don't have some mature themes. It isn't like these things are unheard of; they're real - they happen all the time in the real world! I don't know about anyone else, but I will most definitely just leave the site altogether if this happens.

There is currently a petition to stop this from happening, and if you're interested in signing, go to change .org and search for fanfiction .net. The more signatures the better, and it only takes a minute to do! Give your name and your support!

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stop the Madness!! ff.net anti-deletion petition 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 56
There is already a thread for this topic. Check it out.

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Stop the Madness!! ff.net anti-deletion petition 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 66
Here's the link to the other thread.

Since there's already a thread concerning the mass deletion of M rated fics on ff.net, I'm putting this one on lock.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stop the Madness!! ff.net anti-deletion petition 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 56
I'm starting to see this now in place of updated chapters.

There is a scheme brewing up with the FF staff and they're planning to take down any and every story over the M rated section (stories with yaoi, yuri, het lemons, song based stories, extreme violence, etc) ...

So on June 23rd, there will be an official Black Out. Authors will not log in, read, or review stories. Those who do not have accounts are also affected by FF's decisions too. Please participate and spread the news! If enough authors take part in this event, FF will know we mean business. Also, if anybody has any information on when this purging on M-rated fics will be please contact me. I would like to know in advance.

SPREAD THE WORD!

A blackout? Is that even possible on a site so large?

Logged Logged

Suki~B
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Personally, I had reading/reviewing accounts on other sites (archiveofourown.org, AFF.net, and soon WWOMB), so I have just begun also posting my stories on those sites as well. However, I am feeling conflicted about posting "edited" stories on FF.net. If there is a mass move from FF.net I am not sure I will continue to post stories there.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.