Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Am I being too old fashioned?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Am I being too old fashioned?
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Am I being too old fashioned? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 95
While that sounds like a very good idea.... my daughter tends to be the type that the more I dislike and question a guy and his motive's. The more attractive he becomes. Sometimes I think my kid is brain damaged

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Phantomlogic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Am I being too old fashioned? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
When my hubby and I were just dating in highschool, if he didn't have the money to pay for us to go do something, he didn't want to go do it. He wouldn't even hear of me paying for anything. If this guy your daughter is seeing doesn't have the funds to pay, which might be the reason he didn't offer, there are tons of free things to do. For that matter, once my son is old enough to date, if he isn't working or earning money somehow, he better figure out inexpensive things to do with lady friends. You shouldn't have to fund your child's entertainment past a certain age, let alone their significant other's entertainment too.

It may be naughty, but I would be inclined to invite the young man's parents out for a meal to "get to know them". Just to see if there is any common courtesy lingering there...

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Am I being too old fashioned? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 15
Yeah me and my husband have came up with an 'action plan' concerning our girls when they do start hanging out with friends or going out on dates.

A set amount of money they can take with them to pay for things, an understanding that if they want to they can pay for everything or if they want to that it is okay to ask/tell the other people/person to pay for something.

And like I said in my earlier comment that it is not okay for the person or people they are with to expect them to pay for everything.

Example: I love her to death but my friend 'Tina' takes the cake, I used to be nice and buy her lunch whenever we hanged out but it got to the point to where she would take one bite and throw away the food. When I stopped paying for her she amazingly stopped hanging out with me! lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Am I being too old fashioned? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 78
A guy who is a user will watch for this willingness to pay for things and do things for him. A user or pathological narcissist will not hang around a female who does not pay for things, and wait on him, and will move on to another victim. Thus, it is best, at the beginning of a relationship, to make sure he pays AT LEAST his fair share, and not offer much in the way of assistance of any kind. Then, if he splits, you know he was looking for someone he could freeload off of.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.