Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I need a serious pep talk!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: I need a serious pep talk!
Mamasama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
And who better to go to for it than my girls at Dokuga?

Starting today, I am cutting chocolate, beer,extraneous carbs, and my current life of sloth in favor of leafy green vegetables, lean protein, and EXERCISE.

I gotta lose 25 pounds. I'm always cranky, exhausted, and I tried to stuff my big butt into my favorite jeans today and it wasn't happening.

Anybody else wanna join me? offer insight? words of wisdom?

Logged Logged

Amy
Mamasama

The administrator has disabled public write access.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: -666
Should we do it together or as a competition?

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 9
I know what you mean. Though I have cut out red meat out of my diet that has helped me out. I also bike three time a week for ten miles. It's slowly helping just start out slow and don't try anythig crazy.

Logged Logged
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 26
I did that once before, and I need to start again! Actually, I've done it two or three times. The last time I did it, I lost twenty pounds.

All I can tell you is that the first few days are the hardest! Just take it one day at a time, and, be patient! It is very difficult altering your way of eating. Or changing any habbits for that matter.

If you want I'll try, to think about doing it with you. *sheepish smile*

No, really, I need to do it too. I'll do it with you if you want, just let me know when you want to start.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Ooh sign me up. Gotta quit smoking and either cut back or stop drinking Pepsi all together and need to lose about 20 lbs. Poor hubby tries to keep me on track, but it just doesn't work for him. Just tell me where to sign and I am right there with you

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
Sounds like me, Hairann. Smoking and drinking Pepsi like water are my biggest issues. The other half doesn't do good for me because he smokes and drinks soda just about as much as I do.

I'll join you, Mamasama! Smoking I'm rather fond of (dodges tomatoes and other rotten fruit), but I could definitely use kicking all of the soda. I've done it once before but fell off of the wagon because I needed caffeine and coffee just doesn't cut it for me. Fell off the wagon doesn't exactly describe it. I fell off the wagon, set the wagon on fire, and pushed it off of a cliff. Good riddance, wagon.

Logged Logged
Possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
O.K. I actually thought about putting this up a month ago, but couldn't decide if I should or not. But since you asked...

I watched this series on Lifetime. It was about losing weight without the weird diets, foods, cutting food groups etc. and it was free. It was a 6 week program, one a week televised on Sun. night. The host was Paul McKenna. Here is his site.

www.mckenna.com

I have lost 25 lbs. since starting this in the spring. It does not come off quickly, but it comes off and stays off. I figure it is better than the alternative, where I seem to gain little by little.

It works if you give it a chance. You will become more aware of how much you're eating, whether or not you are hungry, and recognizing when you feel full.

He talks about other issues as well, but not all will apply to everyone. For example, I don't abuse myself mentally in front of a mirror, so his technique for combatting this did not apply to me.

Hope this helps you as much as it did me.

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: -666
So, how shall we do this since there seems to be a healthy (or unhealthy...) number of people who want to participate?

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Lady Enzera
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8
I Stopped Drinking Coke And Started Doing Yoga. I Dropped Eighty Pounds In Six Months. I Starting Drinking Coke Again And Put Fifteen Back On. I Am Willing To Stop Again If Anyone Would Like To Join Me. Lol Its Hard To Go It Alone.

Logged Logged
Mamasama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
WOW! It does my heart good to know you gals want to do this!

We should definitely have a check-in of sorts. Maybe we should all check in on this thread everyday with a report on how we did that day...exercise, eating, etc...

I am DETERMINED to stay focused. I WILL get into those jeans again!

Yeah, and like a few of you said, sodas are the big culprit. I'm cutting the Dr Peppers....and no more after dinner beer! TOTAL empty calories

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/09/22 20:36 By Mamasama.

Amy
Mamasama

Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
MAMASAMA LETS DO IT! (exersise, not "it") I am so in i could lose 25lbs!!! We can do it! Us dokuga women can do anything. So whats our game plan?

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
I'm not sure about a general game plan, but I have a plan for myself: Tomorrow I will only have a soda with my lunch and possibly my dinner. In between will be either water or tea. *nods*

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 28
I know when I'm full and I stop eating. I drink soda about once in a blue moon. I don't smoke, chew, drink, or anything.

HOWEVER.

I never exercise, so I could totally check in to say I've exercised on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Time to break out my DDR mats again!

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
I know what we should do ladies. We should pair off, besides updating the others here, and who ever your paired with is to help you keep on track and you for them. And we've gotta start out small. Baby steps . Like for me...starting tomorrow I am going to have no more then three sodas, that should be enough to not make me have any withdraw headaches, but will be a nice cut back. And since I'm supposed to be smoking only once an hour, on the hour, and am supposed to be at half a smoke at that time. Gonna go for 1/3 of a smoke and make sure I don't get up before the hour even if I have to use my annoying timer.

Even going to have hubby hide the rest of my sodas when he gets home. I'll worry about adding exercise after I have cut back some since it's the soda that added the 20 lbs. My fault for drinking up to 10 daily at times lol.

Logged Logged

Mamasama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 16
Good for you, hairann! I think it's wise of you to not try an quit sodas cold turkey.

My big vice lately is cold beer, after the kids are in bed. It is so easy to toss back a few before bed...but that's like 100 calories each! So if I have 'a few' that's like 300 or 400 empty calories! I haven't had any tonight. I went to the gym and did the elliptical for like 40 minutes. So far, so good for day 1!

Logged Logged

Amy
Mamasama

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Woot go you . I was on the bike yesterday, my hubby's price for going to the store so I didn't have too hehe, and could barely stay on for the short time he was gone, store is two doors down.

Great job on your day one

Logged Logged

hikari hime
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
please, oh please, can I come in?

I have 20 pounds to lose (says the 140 pounds migdet from the other side of the Athlantic)

and I can help a little with my knowledge of dietetics. ^_^

First info for ya'll: never eat something heavy on the evenings. Your body won't digest it efficiently, and it'll fall onto your hips and tummy. XD

So it includes: meat (red or white), eggs, cheese. (especially cheese)

So, if you take the habit of NOT having those in the evenings, you'll start to loose a little weight. Weight you won't recover, I assure you.

second info, but you allready knew it: nothing to eat between the three principal meals. you can have a fruit if you really are hungry, but nothing else. And that'll probably be the very hard part for me -sobs-

third thing: exercise. sport. a little every morning, or in the evening. I did martial arts for ten years, even taught it for six, but now I've stopped, and that's the worst thing to do when you've been 'active' for this long and intensively. I hope I'll be able to do sports again, but hell, I need a little motivation lol.

Hairann had a good idea I think. if we are 'paired', it might be easier to find incentive in the other. Baby steps too, is a good thing. because if we do too much to soon, we'll never stick to it. ^_^

kudos to everyone.

Mamasama, I think about you very often, and I send good vibes to you!! Take care ^_^

Logged Logged

\"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.\"
A. Einstein
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 58
suggestions:
-eat your heaviest meal before 2pm
-drink roughly 12 glasses of water (1-2 liters depending on your weight) a day
-green tea is a natural metabolism booster
-a high protein snack before bedtime, in general, no carbs after 8pm (I like raisins and cashews/peanuts mixed together as a before bed snack)
-make sure to stretch before and after exercising
-when in a crunch canned foods makes for great free weight substitutes
-when exercising don't drink carbinated beverages; they'll cause you to dehydrate faster
-have a "reward" day, where you let yourself eat something "bad"

AND for when you're sore after exercising both potassium, as well as calcium WITH magnesium and zinc are natural muscle relaxants

otherwise, I'm trying to MAINTAIN a heavier weight, so I'll just cheer you guys on

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
hikari hime
Pup
graphgraph
inali wrote:
suggestions:
-eat your heaviest meal before 2pm
-drink roughly 12 glasses of water (1-2 liters depending on your weight) a day

-> Someone with weak kidneys would stock the water elsewhere. I'd have to say, drink between meals, not during meals, but don't drink too much if you don't feel like it.

-green tea is a natural metabolism booster
-a high protein snack before bedtime, in general, no carbs after 8pm (I like raisins and cashews/peanuts mixed together as a before bed snack)

-> hum... I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think it's a good idea. Your body has to choose between resting properly and digesting what you just gave him to eat. If you can avoid eating after your evening meal, it'll be better. The better hour to eat in the evenings is something close to 7pm.

-make sure to stretch before and after exercising
-when in a crunch canned foods makes for great free weight substitutes

-> canned food is bad for your health though, unless it's kept in glass container.

-when exercising don't drink carbinated beverages; they'll cause you to dehydrate faster
-have a "reward" day, where you let yourself eat something "bad"

AND for when you're sore after exercising both potassium, as well as calcium WITH magnesium and zinc are natural muscle relaxants

otherwise, I'm trying to MAINTAIN a heavier weight, so I'll just cheer you guys on

I'm sorry, I really mean no offense, after all I know there are more than one 'school' about dietetics, but I just had to tell you my opinions on the advice you put on this post.

I don't pretend mine are better than others, but... well, I suppose I just can't keep my big trap shut ^_^

I hope I didn't offend you

Dewa mata

Logged Logged

A. Einstein
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
hehe only problem with a lot of those is I love food and I refuse to give it up But I eat mostly healthy so it's not really a cause of my extra weight anyways lol. But I will never give up carbs! They're mine muhahahaha. Sorry 4:30 am hehe.

But anyways, what does everyone else think of pairing off? And not everyone has to agree, those who want to can and those who don't, don't have too

Logged Logged

wawa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I need a serious pep talk! 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
Hi, my name is wawa and I am addicted to Mt Dew.

I have tried to quit drinking it before, but it has never worked out. Part of my problem is routine. Everyday before work I stop by the local 7-11, and out of habit, I always buy a few Mt Dews. Sometimes I will have Mt Dew in the car and not need to buy anymore, but end up buying some anyways without even realizing it. Maybe if I have to report myself on a daily basis I will stop drinking it, or if anyone has any suggestions on breaking a routine, I am all ears.

Logged Logged

If the zombies chase us, I’m tripping you
hikari hime
Pup
graphgraph
some say that to break an addiction, you'll have to break the routine associated to it.

like changing the path you use to go to work (thus not going near the place you buy your Mt Dew, whatever it is lol)

Or taking something else instead? like a bottle of water? (Being addicted to water is less dangerous for your figure lol)

Logged Logged

A. Einstein
Possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Just so you all know, in my mind when I'm sitting here typing or reading, you are all 5'7", 125 lbs. Hair length and color differs, depending on what you've put on your profile page or said in forum about heritage. Also, most of you are between 25-33, also differs for whatever you have admitted to. Just thought you'd like to know...

If I can live in a world of hot dog (not hotdog) demons, why can't you be there too, the way I 'see' you?

hotdog demons... heeheehee... too much coffee this morning, not enough sleep, dreams about opossums and car trunks... heeheehee

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
well you got the age right, I'm 25 lol. But only 5'2 and no where near 125 lol that's where I should be.

Logged Logged

hikari hime
Pup
graphgraph
I'm 1m56 (whatever that makes in feet and inches... ugh) and 140 lbs.

you only had the age right (29) mdr

Logged Logged

A. Einstein
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.