Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
got an off topic question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: got an off topic question
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
got an off topic question 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
now has been bugging me because I can't get to the library to confirm what I remember. I know gomen in japanese means i'm sorry, but in the encyclpedia of hell gomen is a demon of hell that does work for heaven in hell or something like that. can anyone comfirm it?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sakura Dragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:got an off topic question 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12
Yes, gomen means I'm sorry. The complete phrase is gomenasai (I'm not sure I spelled it correctly). Also sumimasen means I'm sorry.

Logged Logged

I claimed Bankotsu\'s braided hair in The Claim Game
\"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth.\"
— Gabriel García Márquez
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:got an off topic question 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
yeah I know, but it also mean a demon of heaven and that's not japanese. just like in africa it is a way to perpair collard greens as well. what I am checking on is the meaning of demon of heaven.

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:got an off topic question 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
I don't know if I would take such a book as a serious reference, honestly. From what I have seen on Amazon the book is primarily filled with movie, television, and other media culture versions of "hell" and the related.

After some thorough Googling I have yet to find anything that might reference the word "gomen" with a demon of any kind. Perhaps you could give more details?

Logged Logged
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
at the city library in my city they have old books as well as access to old books from other libraries. I only know the book was either the encyclopedia of hell or, dictionary of (i think) devils, demons and demonology or something. they are refrence books not fiction. I use to research odd things in my spare time. the idea is basicily there are demons that are already in hell and then you have the fallen, well in heaven you have the angels and a sets of heavenly hosts like charubs and saints, etc. well, you also have demons that converted and work for heaven. I guess the idea was a demon could travel hell and get the job done easier then anyone else. you know send a theft to caught a theft. I read the book like a year and a half ago and I don't remember the name excatly. I wanted to use the right name but if I can't find it I will have to make up my own name. sorry for rambling.

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:got an off topic question 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
Well, just because a book is labeled as a reference does not really point towards the accuracy of the information.

That aside, this is a very interesting concept and one I've not heard of before, honestly. The idea of demons working on the side of heaven seems somewhat contradictory to most mythology.

Logged Logged
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
a lot of early christian writing and jewish writings were not accepted. And something the things people wrote about so offended the chruch that they were banned. I use to serach with uncensored search engines but some were shut down. right now I am trying googoth.com but if not then i have to search deep web which is hard to find the site that does that. things are filter out of most place. I looked up a banned book and on google the said the lovecraft was the first writer, but when I went underground through the disbaned sit hell.com's google search engine I found that prinn wrote it 100 years earlier. I just can't find the right site to search through, heck I might actulaly have the name wrong. I do knew that if buddhist have heavenly demons and demons then christian do to. certain theme tend to repeat from what I have saw. I just wish I would stop getting repeats of the same stuff. why can't they just search what i type? internet still needs work.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/05/19 13:48 By FurvusCorvus.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.