Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshoumaru's mothers name?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sesshoumaru's mothers name?
Infinite Silence
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sesshoumaru's mothers name? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
Ok so, I've been reading a lot of fanfiction lately, and I am rewatching Inuyasha, minus the very last season, cause I couldn't seem to get through the first episode.. Anyway, My question is where did The name for Sesshoumaru's mom come from? Hatsumomo, I've seen it in quite a few different fanfictions.

I know the name from 'Memoirs of a Geisha' but So far in all of the episodes I have seen of Inuyasha, I haven't heard anything about Sesshoumaru's mother.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru's mothers name? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 66
I don't think she has an official name much like Inu no Taisho. A lot of authors make up a name for Sesshomaru's mother; the same as they do with the Inu no Taisho. I've seen 'Kotone', 'Satori', 'Hatsumomo' and 'Inukimi' to name a few. And none of them are official names for her. The only thing I've heard her being called is 'Lady Mother' by Jaken in the series.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru's mothers name? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 22
Sesshou's mom is really only referred to in the later half of the manga and the anime. I don't think she was ever given a true name but if I remember correctly from the anime Jaken referrs to her as "The Honorable Lady Mother" or something similar and along those lines. It's been a while since I've read the manga but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a name in that either. I think most of the names you'll find in fanfiction are the author's interpretation and creativity. Hope this helps

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru's mothers name? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 32
Just for a quick reference, as I couldn't help noticing. Hatsumomo is the name of the rival geisha from Memoirs of a Geisha. XD

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Infinite Silence
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru's mothers name? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
Thank you. I had just been wondering, because I had seen several different names, and well I'm reading an older fanfiction and Hatsumomo just happened to be the name of Sesshoumaru's mother. I couldn't honestly remember the other names I had seen, as it has been a long time since I have read fanfiction.

@ naqaashi- Yes you are correct, Hatsumomo is the name of the rival geisha from 'Memoirs of a Geisha' That was one of the reasons I could remember it so very well. It's one of my favorite movies.

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru's mothers name? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 32
mmm...mine, too.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.