Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Writing Tablets...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Writing Tablets...
Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Writing Tablets... 13 Years ago Karma: 1
I have been going nuts the past couple of days trying to find a writing tablet...one that I can either type on or write on (with one of those nifty digital pens), that can store at least a little bit of text and can transfer documents to my home PC. However, all I can find are either uber-pricey netbooks, or 'digital notepads' that do not even have a screen.

A guy at Best Buy told me there was a product coming out called Motorolla Xoom that should fit the bill, except for the fact that the price for it will supposedly be about $800. So, that's a no. And I've been told the Apple IPad might do it for me, but again, too pricey. And I don't need anything that can connect to my phone, the internet, or any other electronic device. Heck, it doesn't even have to connect to my computer as long as I can use some kind of memory storage card to transfer information.

But, I'm not here to whine...just wanted to let everyone know that I HAVE been searching. Does anyone know of a stand alone digital screen that I can write on (in my own hand writing), and have the files converted (even if I have to buy software to do so) to regular text and saved to be transferred to another computer? Does such a thing even exist?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Writing Tablets... 13 Years ago Karma: 57
Hmm... it's likely that if you want a screen or monitor of some kind, especially a tablet-style PC to either write or draw on than you'd be looking at a type of touch screen as available in a drawing tablet.

It's possible I think to get a digital pen that has a receiver that can clip to a piece of paper, and be used to take electronic notes, and stores the information onboard an internal memory of some kind.

I have found the device on a website, but I don't know much about it, or where it's available, or any of the tech-specs. It might help to point you in the right direction though. Here's the site: http://hubpages.com/hub/Pegasus-PC-Note-Taker-Digital-Pen-Mobile-or-Wired

Good luck, but I'd suggest doing a google search, and or asking round the tech-places where you live about digital pens or similar devices. Since specs and functionality vary between brands.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/26 16:55 By Pyre.
Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writing Tablets... 13 Years ago Karma: 1
Thanks Pyre! I will have to look into those, too! They would be good for drawing or for hand-writing things.

I actually went to a local pawn shop today and found a toshiba laptop for $170...so I splurged (sort of). It's a 2007 and has an old, faulty battery, but since I'm ONLY using it to write, it doesn't really matter much! I'll just keep it plugged in while in use until I get a new battery for it.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.