Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Random question:
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Random question:
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Random question: 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
I just finished a manga, and the subject of it was time traveling. However it wasn't like the time traveling that Kagome experiences,it was where the main character-who was in his late 40's traveled back in time to where he was 14 years old, with his modern day thoughts and memories of his youth still intact. Which made me wonder what others would do if they were in the same position, which brings this question:

If you were able to travel back in time, to a younger time of your life-with your knowledge and memories of the future(or modern time) still in tact- would you change the way you lived your life then, or would you make any changes to how you lived/acted or the decisions you made(even if they were small decisions-like who you became friends with)?

If there was a life changing event coming up, where you know of the outcome, would you attempt to change it or make it so it never happened(if doing so was possible) or would you let it pass as it had the first time, and just wait until you are able to come back to modern time?

I think it would be interesting to see the world with younger eyes but with the knowledge and life experience I have today. It would be fun and interesting to live in a time where my life was easier and I didn't have so many responsibilities, and I think it would be really easy to see how much (as adults) we take for granted-because we are always wanting more instead of appreciating the small things we have.

I never had any major events happen when I was younger-so it's hard to say how I would react, I think it all depends. There are some friends that I would appreciate more, and show them that I did care-that much is for sure. Maybe be more outgoing and make sure I ate healthier/exercised more, but other than that-there aren't any major changes I would personally make.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Random question: 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 39
I don't know that I'd change things, not because I approve of every decision I've ever made- far from it, there a moments in my life when I've been a complete moron and I'm not afraid to admit it- but because even if it seems like nothing big or monumental happened in your life, you don't know how much different your present would be because of one little change. What if staying home sick that day stopped you from meeting so-and-so? What if taking a cab instead of the train that day to avoid meeting that guy you ended up having a really crappy relationship with actually prevented you from meeting the guy you were 'supposed to' be with all because you met him during the aftermath of that first, crappy relationship?

So many little decisions go into getting us to where we are 'now', so I don't feel the 'if I knew then what I know now' thing is ever a wise way to think. I mean, heck if you changed a handful of the stupid things you did as a kid, you'd probably end up finding out they were only replaced with a bunch of other idiotic adventures of youth.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Random question: 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
I agree C:

That's the thing that would be hard about it, is that even little changes could probably make a big difference. Especially since I am a person who strongly believes in 'what is suppose to happen will happen' and 'everything happens for a reason'.

There are some things from my past that I wish I hadn't done, just a slip of the tongue, kind of 'I wish I hadn't said that because every time I see that person I will always think about what I said around them' thing. It just got me curious thinking about.

There are also some things that are probably just meant to happen-even if they seem terrible at the time-
For example in the manga I mentioned,the main character of the story went back to the time before his father left his family(his mother died about ten years after his father left and he always blamed his father) So when he went back, and he knew that event was coming, it scared him. Because he really wanted to stop it, to prevent the pain his family endured after, but even in the end he could not stop it. So it was like..time is still going to go on, and there are some things you can't change no matter how much you want to.

Before he came back to 'modern time' or to his adult life- he promised his mother he would take care of her in his father's place. I thought it was really interesting(laughs).

Thanks for answering C: I know it's hard a question- I even had a hard time thinking on how to ask it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/28 17:34 By PRVN.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Random question: 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 24
I used to always say that no matter what, even if I could go back in time and change the past, I wouldn't do it because what's supposed to happen will happen, what's meant to be will be, and I am the person that I am today because of my past and if I changed it, then I am no longer the person I was meant to be. ( Did... that even make sense? >__>;; )

To put things in simpler form, I believed in "everything happens for a reason" and fate and all those really controversial things.

But now, looking back on my past (and I do that a lot), there are some things about my past I really wish I could change. When I think about how I would change what happened, I end up wondering how would I turn out as a result of that. It's hard to say.

People look at life going, "I wish I had done this" or "I wish I had done that" and I never wanted to be one of those people. It's inevitable in the end, I think.

I could stand here and say I wouldn't change the past because I know I couldn't, but if the opportunity presented itself, could I really turn it down?

The me of today wants to be more outgoing and wants all the friends she has lost and wants a clearer path of her future. Right now, everything is pretty hazy. But the event that led to the person I am today (loss and all) was a joyous one while it lasted. If I gave up that joy, would I be a happier person down the road? Would I be happier today or will I have changed it to the point where I'm never fully happy? Or would it be like the manga; no matter what, these events are still going to happen one way or another?

In the end, all I can say is I don't know. I still want to say I believe in "everything happens for a reason" and that would be the most logical thing, but if I crave changes and a new future so much, could I really let an opportunity like that slip away if I was given that option?

Goodness. Too much confusion with this subject matter. I hope all that rambling made sense. >___>;;

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.