Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
2012 thoughts and opinions.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: 2012 thoughts and opinions.
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:2012 thoughts and opinions. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 27
I think its so odd that this 2012 thing has gained so much saport even in the media. WE called those people crazy for thinking that there was a space ship on the tail end of Hale Bopp.

Buying into these dooms day predictions can be very dangerous. That teacher telling kids not to bother is hurting their potential academic future not to mention their sense of security. The Millerites gave away their possession and didn't plant crops believing the world would end April 23, 1843. It must have been hard waking up April 24th to realize you had nothing left and no food to feed your family through the winter for some of them it WAS the end. And finally the people from Heaven's gate committed suicide so maybe they where right. Their world ended.

There have been many doomsday predictions many of them recent. Here are some interesting links to failed doomsdays.

doomsdays1
doomsdays 2
doomsdays 3

If any of these cults sound crazy remember people believe in them. Belief makes anything make sense.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/21 13:09 By Avadrea.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:2012 thoughts and opinions. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
I think it's silly that people believe the world will end in 2012 but I suppose it's possible (I think anything is possible) though if it does I think we'll either kill ourselves or aliens will come and take us over.

Either way, I don't believe in an end to all things. Like it says in science: 'energy can only be redirected or reformed never destroyed' - I'm sure thats not exactly right but you get the idea. Souls, consciences, they're just another form of energy as far as I'm concerned. My personal belief system deals heavily with the ideal of reincarnation and karma (the later being the form of the former).

Logged Logged
Shay
Pup
graphgraph
Re:2012 thoughts and opinions. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
Would aliens actually want Earth though? I mean we've made such a mess of it, with all the chemicals in our air and acid rain and such it would probably kill or at least make very sick any non-earthlings.

Logged Logged

To do homework or read fanfiction, that is the ultimate question...
Re:2012 thoughts and opinions. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
if the world ended like that imma enslave the aliens who enslaved the humans UBERHIRO XD.

But seriously, alot of the "end of the world" and "aliens" are all crocks. Theres a statistic number (One trillion to one of the world ending) (When heck freezes over when it ends on 2010) hope you all brought coats XD.

Logged Logged

KARATE KITTY DOES KARATE

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.