Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How did you become a fan?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: How did you become a fan?
Sesshoumarus Girl
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
How did you became a fan of Inuyasha? And than how did you become a Sesshoumaru/Kagome fan pairing?

I became a fan of Inuyasha in 9th grade (about six years ago), when I heard some people across from me talking about something called Inuyasha. So I asked them “what's Inuyasha?” They told me that Inuyasha was a character in a movie who was a dog demon. One of the girls let me use her movie. After I watched it I became an Inuyasha fan, than I got my mom, and my two brothers in to it as well.
And as for how I became a Sesshoumaru/Kagome fan well, I started to just look around online for something to do and thats when I found some Inuyasha fanfiction. At first I read stories about Inuyasha/Kagome pairings and than I started to read stories about Sesshoumaru/Kagome pairings. That was about four in a half years age, and ever sense than I have been a Sesshoumaru/Kagome fan, I just can stop, I am helplessly addicted.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 18
Oh lordy...I have been a fan for a very long time. Like...over ten years. Way back when chapters were released monthly in comic book stores, and only later as volumes (which were ridiculously expensive back then). I had a friend who was into Ranma 1/2 and got me into it too, so when a new Takahashi comic came out, I bought the first issue. The Inuyasha release was actually simultaneous in the US and Japan, the US just fell behind because the monthly comic was only two chapters, while in Japan they got a chapter every week. So, whenever Inuyasha got started...that's when I became a fan. I was obsessed on and off through high school.

I didn't switch to Sess/Kag until partway through college though. Read a couple of fanfics...complete conversion. You'd think after that many years of devotion to Inuyasha (the character) I wouldn't be able to change over, but you don't worship the same kind of characters at 15 as you do at 20 (especially when said character has stayed 15 XD ).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 03:16 By tallymark.
darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
I remember being really angry at the show at first. Why? Because Adult Swim had replaced my beloved Zoids New Century Zero with some new show, and I was not aware of the change until I turned on the TV and got some weird time-traveling schoolgirl/demon anime! Five minutes later, I was hooked.

As for the pairing, fanfics got me too. In my early days, I wasn't too picky, and I would either read fics indiscriminately based on the summary or I'd go through pairing moods (Kagome with Inu, Miroku, Kouga, or Sesshoumaru). Sess/Kag is one of the ones that just really stuck for me, I think partly because so many talented authors wrote/write for the pairing, and partly because I have a thing for the "honorable bad guy" types.

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
I was actually terrified of the show Inuyasha at first. I was like 12 when I turned on the tv and watched the first episode (because I was a rebellious youth who ignored the 14+ rating on adult swim) and the crows inside the dead body totally creeped me out. I'm not sure when I started actually liking the show, probably when I was 14 because then I was of the appropriate age -- as suggested by cartoon network -- to view those shows.

Oh, and then I read Tales from the House of the Moon after seeing some fanart of it on DA and was hooked. Even though that story made me cry like a baby.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
I was 11 years old and my mom was running late to pick me up from school so I walked over to the local library to wait for her. I picked up this comic book that looked different from all of the American comics that I had seen... an hour later I had checked out every single volume they had.

I became a SessKag fan by accident. I clicked on the wrong link and ended up at the first chapter of Tales From the House of the Moon. I wasn't gong to read it, but I scanned the first few lines and got drawn into the story.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 04:03 By R.M. Avalon.

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
Actually, InuYasha was the first anime I ever saw (well, there was Pokemon, but that doesn't really count). Right after we got our first T.V. when I was... 12 or 13? First time I turned on the late night shows adult swim popped up with InuYasha - the episode with the soul piper. It was love at first sight <3.

Then I went online, cause I was bored, and found Shinchan's InuYasha fanfiction website. It had all the fics separated by pairing, so I read them all through, pairing by pairing. Actually, the pairing that stood out more to me was Sango/Sesshoumaru, with Kagome/Sesshoumaru close behind. Sango/Sesshoumaru didn't have an "A Single Spark," though, so I got sucked into Kagome/Sesshoumaru and forgot about Sango completely. At least until all these forum posts started popping up

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
Ummm. I was an Inuyasha fan without knowing it, as well as I thought I didn't like it. lol I also was brought in by...well... Sesshy and Miroku. One night, it was really late when I awoke to seeing the giant bees chasing after Miroku (or so I thought)and Sesshomaru there. it was the episode where he got the arm from Naraku, but I wouldn't know that till a lot later. Miroku made me wiggle brow, and Sesshy entranced me. The volume was down, so I didn't hear the voices. I honestly thought,'And awesome looking chick character being THAT powerful?'. A few nights later, a friend of mine told me about Inuyasha, and told me to watch it. I turned it on mid episode and saw a wolf throwing up wolves. So, I turned it off and refused to watch it. Later on, I gave it another chance. The episode was, and then I saw Sesshy in the credits. I went O.O. "If anything, I will watch this for the beautiful music and seeing what may end up being my favorite character at the end." The episode came where I found out he wasn't a girl, and in the end it somehow turned him even more awesome. lol While I was intrigued by the way he acted and his movements flowed, Smittee's favorite character became the perverted monk. lol

Explaining how I became a Sessh/Kags fan is a LOT easier. I was playing a 2-year running rp on GaiaOnline. A friend of mine decided to tell me about this great fanfiction site she went on called Single Spark, after I had started writing what I called 'shorts' to be humorous and tell people when I would be getting off. (Usually being dragged off by some random character.) She warned me that it was a Sesshomaru/Kagome site, but I thought I'd give the pairing a shot. It was not only the first fanfic site I was on, but the first time I ever gave any thought to the pairing. After one story, I was hooked for good. I can't remember, but my mind wants to tell me my first Seesh/Kags was "A Simple Legacy" or the one about the lollipop. Either way, I continued reading, and soon writing, in the fandom. And, for all those who came from Single Spark, that site is what led us here.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
The first episode of Inuyasha I saw/heard was playing in the background on cartoon network shortly after they'd began to aire the show. The first episode I saw was 6...and I didn't totally understand what was happening (having at that point not seen any other episodes) but my fangirldom for Sesshomaru was instant. I only turned around to watch cause his voice actor drug my attention away from whatever else I was doing on the computer.

I watched for several months and it was after the story arch where Sesshomaru first took in Rin that I thought I wanted to write a fanfiction for the pair. It sort of took off from there, I've read a lot of wonderful fan made stories for the pairing and seen a lot of lovely fanart as well. They're I believe the largest non-canon shipped couple for anime I've seen (though I don't follow a whole lot of fictions I suppose so I could be wrong) with good justification given how wonderful the dynamic between the characters is and just how well they compliment each other.

I think really my fangirling over them was just meant to be

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
I was out of state and staying with my aunt and because I had trouble sleeping at night(because her house freaked me out) and since I was living in their living room I was able to watch TV when I couldn't sleep. One night I was flipping through the channels and came across 'Inuyasha' on Adult swim. Decided to watch it then became interested,because I always am for the supernatural sort of shows,and it was honestly the first time I watched anime(because although I have been interested in the Japanese culture for a long time, I was never particularly drawn to anime so I didn't bother with it because I thought it would all be the same)-Sesshoumaru was actually in the first episode I watched, and I instantly liked him better than any of the other characters(most-Mainly Inuyasha and Kagome- seemed very annoying to me)

How I became a fan of Sesshoumaru and Kagome was through fan fiction, that is one of the ways how I became a fan of Kagome in the first place( that, and when I started reading the manga-I found her personality, or the way she presents herself completely different in the manga than in the anime-she was less annoying). (laughs) But yes, I started reading fan-fiction when I found that only re-runs were showing on Adult swim, and after reading the manga, I wanted more since it stopped suddenly. But, I really really did not like the Inuyasha/Kagome stories. They never felt 'right'. Especially with my new view on Kagome, seeing her whiny and reading Inuyasha treating her badly and then her going back to him for every story, I decided to try something new. Since Sesshoumaru was my favorite male character I was like 'why not' and became pretty much addicted ever since- a bonus for me is that almost every Sesshoumaru/Kagome story is different.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 156
I didn't turn randomly in on Adultswim, because we don't have it. No TV channel shows anime over here, and if it does, it's most likely something more children oriented, like digimon or pokemon. Or an occasional Miyazaki movie. >___>
That was why I was able to live full 16 years, completely unaware of such thing called 'anime'.

Then I went to upper secondary school. I made a new friend, who showed me the wonderland of anime. She got me to read - and write - fanfiction, she got me into cosplaying, she's responsible for much of my hobbies now. She had already been reading fanfiction, was already a big fan of Sesshoumaru, and to begin with, she was into non-canon pairings. So I found the SessKag fandom VERY easily, I was introduced to it straight away.

So blame - or thank - my friend.

Logged Logged
Allyonora
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
I used to watch the show randomly on Cartoon Network. Little by little, the plot started to grow on me, and I begin to watch it daily. Sesshoumaru was the cute vilain with a fenomenal sexy voice (even in Brazilian subs) - nothing extraordinary here, Naraku was kinda cute too. When I watched Rin episode, my opinion of Sess character changed, and my eternal love for the "antihero/bad guy with a god heart deep inside" kicked in.

Now, how I end up with the pairing... it's a long story. When I like one fic, I use to look at the other stories by that author and his/hers favorite ones (on FF.net). That explain some of my pairing jumps listed bellow.

Well, some years ago I liked to read Spike/Buffy Vampire Slayer fanfics. Then, the last season of Heroes came to an end, and I became addicted on Sylar/Claire fics. That fase went for three or four months, and some day I found a Jareth/Sarah (Labyrinth) fic. I always loved the movie, and so that addiction went on by a good few months. By coincidence, a lot of Labyrinth fics also wrote/favorited Sess/Kagome fics. One click turned down on a good story (I remember Devotion and Sacrifice, from Danyaelle-sama was one of the first), and so here I am until this day.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
O.O! Um I actually got into Inuyasha totally by accident. Surfing FFNet and reading other randoms when I stumbled upon stories dedicated to various pairings for Inuyasha. I think the first kind of fic I started to read were the Sess/Kag ones, and I found out more about the characters from there.

I read 'Tales from the House of the Moon', a couple of others, and eventually got bitten by the Inuyasha bug, and started to hunt around for specifically 'Sess/Kag' ficlets. XD That's how I found Forthright's fics, and then I spent weeks lurking on her FFNet page reading her ficlets from start to finish. I think that's how come I've really come to like Sesshy, and Kagome, was through fanfiction.

I have read one volume of the manga XD, the very last one lol cause I was curious how the series ended. So yups. I haven't seen the anime of Inuyasha either, we can't get it where I live, so fanfiction was the only real place I could read about it. I've read alot around the series though, finding out about the characters, so I try to use that as a good base to write fanfiction from too. If I ever get the chance to watch the series myself, I definitely will.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
SilentlyFuming
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
I caught my first glimpse of the show before I knew what anime was (in middle school) and then I came back to it after I found out what it was and watched through the episodes online until it got too repetitive. Around then I was into looking at AMVs on youtube and one of them sent me to FF.net and then from there I read lots of stories and one of them turned out to be a Sess/Kag (which shocked me at first, but then I kept reading and was like 'this makes TOTAL sense!'). From there I found A-Single-Spark which then morphed into Dokuga and I'm still reading on FF.net as well. *^_^*

Logged Logged
PhoenixBlade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
I've never read the series or watched the show really. When I was in high school, I was looking up new anime online and some anime reviewers suggested Inuyasha. Considering how I've read a bit of Ranma 1/2 and actually enjoyed the mangaka's humor and drawings, I decided to look more into the series. However, a few of the sites that had Inuyasha information had fanfics as well. I read a few Kagome/Inuyasha ones out of curiosity and a few of them caught my attention into the series. Not knowing much about fanfiction.net until later on, I searched through different fan websites for fanfics and came across one fanfic author in particular.

I didn't remember what the author's name was or the website address, but I do remember their Sesshoumaru/Kagome fanfics very well, of which, I fell in love instantly and read what they had written then. Of course, I didn't take the chance to remember the website or the author's name, but after finding out about fanfiction.net and strolling around for more fanfics that were Sesshoumaru/Kagome, I came across Shun'u, the author whose name I couldn't remember, and their stories, Prelude and Full Circle, by mere chance... I fell in love all over again! lol

Since then, I've been devoted to the pairing. Going on almost ten years strong now!!!! Woot woot!... Dang... almost ten years? I am so old now... lol But my love for the pairing will never die! Long live Sesshoumaru/Kagome love!!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 19:24 By PhoenixBlade.
TheMonsterGirl
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I remember the first time I ever saw Inuyasha was when the show had its first run-through on adult swim. Me and my brother were the rebel children that stayed up until eleven o'clock to watch all the grown-up shows The first episode I ever saw literally scared the wits out of me. I believe it was called 'Terror of the Ancient Noh Mask'? Anyway, I've always been a little fright fanatic, so I used to make my brother sneak into the living room after bedtime to watch it with me whenever we could get away with it. A few years later, they were replaying Swords of an Honorable Ruler on adult swim and it was just so nostalgic that I had to give the series a serious viewing (:

Long story short, I became totally addicted to it for quite some time.

Then, I got really into fanfiction my last year of middle school. I always kind of avoided the Inuyasha archives, though. I was a huge Inu/Kags shipper, but fanfiction for the pairing never really sat well with me. HOWever, whenever I stumbled across an Inuyasha fic it always stood out to me that the popular couple was Sess/Kags. Really, I thought it was silly at the time, didn't really understand how the two even fit together as a pairing. But after a couple years I finally got curious and decided to see what the whole fuss was about. The first one I actually clicked into was Unspoiled by forthright. I've been hooked ever since (:

Logged Logged
Fishy!
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I became a fan in high school- I had a friend in highschool who was totally enamored with Sesshomaru [shes lady shinigami over on FF] and she read all sorts of fan fiction... I just didnt get it, when I watched the show with her, I suppose I didnt understand why she liked the antihero so much?

I was like hello? inuyasha is a mean spirited jerk, Sesshomaru is full of himself and Miroku is a total perve.. but I thought that at least Miroku was being true to himself -lol-

I still loved the show, but I didnt know that adult swim showed the entire series... except for like Six episodes, I just didnt get it, I had to know what was in those episodes...

fast foward a few years, and I read a wolverine novel [yeah I love wolverine -melts-] anyways, I wanted to write some sort of fanfiction for it and started prowling FF.net, I liked the idea of wolverine being this guy with this sort of inner beast, and since I liked inuyasha I started looking over the IY fics, I was sorely dissapointed with what I read, to me it seemed like all of the stories I clicked on were like "inu cheats, kags takes him back, there is some dramatic event, and then the entire cast is paired up."

my only problem was that I thoght that sess/rin parings were pretty gross, so when some of my favorite authors began to dabble in alternate pairings I was there, when someone did a kikyo/sesshomaru pairing I took another look at sesshomaru, there was obliviusly things that I didnt know about him that everyone else did...

and now I know! there is a two part episode that they didnt show on adult swim, its the two dealing with princess Sara- and that really made me look at sesshomaru in a new light.. seeing this deeper bit of humanity in the otherwise aloof lord made me think... not to mention he got to use his brothers sword. then it all fit together, kagome with her deep sence of love and compassion would be the only person I thoght that would be able to reach those deeper facets of Sesshomaru.

then the rest as we say is history!

Logged Logged
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
I don't remember how old I was... But there was a trailer on TV where a new anime series was announced. I always watch series for at least five episodes, after that I decide whether I continue to watch or not. Well, "Aristocratic Assassin, Sesshomaru" was that very episode. The arrogant voice and the character of Sesshomaru were what hooked me.... I liked the anime from the start, but this was the last straw.

After that, I just became obsessed... XD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/26 12:15 By Hedda.

Konekotsukino
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I became a fan of Inuyasha around 10th or 11th(15 or 16 years old) grade and I have been a fan since. When I started reading Inuyasha fanfics I naturally ready Inuyasha/Kagome paired stories. My curiosity got the better of me and I slowly worked my way over to reading Sesshomaru/Kagome paired stories and cross overs with Naruto or Yu Yu Hakusho. I've loved them ever since. I still read Inuyasha/Kagome, but I prefer Sesshomaru/Kagome.

Logged Logged
katlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
I actually got into InuYasha cause I need more boy anime in the house due to my two nephews living with me..its kinda sad seeing your little nephew of 3 or 4 running aroud crying Moon Prism Power MAKE UP or Wedding engagement give Love for you.
yeah that was a no go

seriously this is how it happened

i knew about Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha and got Full Metal Alchemist too to help balance it out for not being too girly

and I'm a big fan of anime anyways so i was hooked from the start

as far as fan fictions and pairings go I was actually a Kagy/Inu paring type girls untill i read Tales of the House of the Moon talk about Life changing
I started searing more and found A single Spark and was hooked even more
now I just cant imagen Kaggy with an one else besides Sesshoumaru
and the rest in now history

Logged Logged

The Fluff is my muse the fluffs name is Sesshoumaru
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you become a fan? 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 27
The fan doujinshi Raindrops by Youkai Yume. I didn't know who the character where but fell in love with her story and art. Not only that but she got me hooked on Sesshoumaru/Kagome.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.