Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Which voice do YOU like best?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Which voice do YOU like best?
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
Avadrea wrote:
[...] I would like German more if the language didn't sound to harsh for Sesshoumaru the voice is right but I cant get past the accent. [...]

Well, German is not a very melodic language and it is certainly not very beautiful. However, we do have a rather vast vocabulary. What I mean, you can't blame the voice actor for speaking German in the German dub. Yet, it is very understandable, why you might not like the voice or language at all.^^

Obviously, German was the first dub I've heard. Therefore I might be a little protective of that one. Precisely because of this arrogant and flamboyant timbre of the voice, I fell in love with Sesshomaru in the first place.

But I do admit that I prefer the English dub nontheless. I love voice which appear dark and deep (can't mention Alan Rickman enough ) and thus this voice has become my favourite.

The Italian dub is nice, too. This voice really is awesome. What to make out of the others (including the japanese one), I still don't know.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10

I found this video because I realized that since I never watched the anime (I'm more of a manga girl) that I had no idea what Sesshomaru's voice sounded like!

I like Italian and Japanese. The Spanish makes me die of laughter. What about you?

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
I'm an original kind of gal. lol. Japanese is still my favorite voice. English would be second. The Italian one wasn't bad either.

But... Spanish... all I can say is "What in the world?!" lol. That voice does not match Sesshoumaru at all! XDD

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
Japanese first, English second (with the exception of Scott McNeil as Kouga. The Japanese voice actor who plays Kouga to me sounds a bit too whiny and nasally). The Spanish is a little sexy. The Portuguese and German voices were and the Italian voice was very smooth with a flowing dialogue.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/17 01:36 By DemonQueen17.

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
I love the English and Japanese voices of course, and I guess I'm the oddball here because I actually really liked the Spanish voice.

I thought the Portuguese was the weirdest one. Although, I really liked them all!

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I closed my eyes to listen to all of the voices, lol. I was entertained. These are my faves in no particular order.

English (*drool*), Italian (I have to admit, I nearly swooned), and Japanese (*more drool*) are my favorites.

Logged Logged
GlassDoll
Pup
graphgraph
I love English, Japanese, and Italian. The Spanish and Portuguese ones make me giggle while the German one sounds a little flamboyant and crazy to me, so not sure what to make of that one.

Logged Logged
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
English is my frist since i first heard him tht way so to me its perfect. spanish wasnt that bad i think a little to manly. italian went quite well and is definately my second favorite japanese and Brazilian/portugese made me crack up lol i was like WTF 0.o

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
I liked the Italian, too, it was nice and smooth. Still, Narita Ken is the best.

I'm also an oddball, in that I do not like the English voice. English dub of any anime makes me cringe, the same as the thought of reading manga (or fanfiction!) in my native language. I suppose it's a matter of familiarity - I always watch anime with subtitles, and I always read English translations of manga. ^^;

Also, the linguist in me is cringing at the "multilengual" written at the beginning of the video. Guhh. >.>

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/17 02:21 By Chie.
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
The English voice is deep and sexy =P
I like the Japanese voice second for Sesshomaru.

Logged Logged

darkmousey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
Although not by much, I do like the English voice better; it's just so sexy in a very smooth way. The Japanese version is sexy, but in a more manly way. Honestly, I could switch back and forth depending on my mood. I really like the Italian one, too; it's like the language was made for Sesshoumaru--very flowing, though there was something I didn't quite like about the voice actor.

Does anyone else feel like the German guy was in a race against time--or rather, lips? It was kind of like someone said, "Oh yeah? Say that five time fast!" ...and then he did.

Logged Logged
Avadrea
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 27
English first there is just something sexy about it. Next is Portuguese which I like just a little more than Italian. Then Japanese, I would like German more if the language didn't sound to harsh for Sesshoumaru the voice is right but I cant get past the accent. Last is Spanish of course it was just to deep. Antonio Banderas as Sesshoumaru would have been yummy.

Logged Logged

Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
I like Japanese the best. I'm still iffy on the rest but English is okay and I thought Italian seemed okay too.

Logged Logged
Erliane
Pup
graphgraph
Italian was great, English is luv and Japanese is still great. The others were so-so, don't really match his personality now, do they?

I still think Japanese voices sound nearly the same so I think English is my all-time favorite.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 78
The Japanese is a nice voice, but I like to think of Sesshomaru as being in his late teens, and the Japanese voice is soooo mature. It sounds so commanding and lordly, but not necessarily arrogant. Maybe more of a InuPapa voice, in my imagination.

Logged Logged
R.M. Avalon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Which voice do YOU like best? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Avadrea wrote:
Antonio Banderas as Sesshoumaru would have been yummy.

Yeah! If they were gonna do Spanish, why didn't they do it right?! ^^

Logged Logged

Dokugas very own certified fairy princess, granting wishes with my wish-granting tiara since 2010!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.