Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Laptop malfunction
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Laptop malfunction
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Laptop malfunction 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
Don't know how many times I will be able to get on here and update or do anything, my laptop keeps randomly powering down every 5 minutes.
So I will be with Dokuga whenever I can or get a chance to until I get a new laptop!

Love you all

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Laptop malfunction 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
:/ curses on Miss Anna's laptop!

Yelling at the gods for you, sweetie!

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Laptop malfunction 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 25
Hopefully you'll be able to get everything straightened out ^.^ It almost sounds like what my last computer did when it was on it's last leg.

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Laptop malfunction 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
Quick Update for everyone

My laptop is officially out like no power to it what so ever and all of my stories and updates are on there so hopefully geek squad or whoever I take it to can get my stuff off of the harddrive...I update my flashdrive every friday so -cries-

Also am using my fiances laptop but his charger isn't working and my mom has no word programs on her computer so I am really sad right now lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Laptop malfunction 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
O.O! This will probably be either non-helpful, or way too late for your old laptop. If the computer keeps powering down or is like a dead fish, no power at all, the likely problem is either the adapter, powercable, or the internal battery.

The lap's probably powering down to conserve energy because the battery isn't recharging via the adapter when its plugged into the power.

If it'll boot up and you can login like normal to the operating system it probably isn't an internal error to do with the central program, i.e. the Operating System. If you get a 'blue screen of death' then the OS is likely to blame with malfunctions either in the motherboard, or the Hard Drive.

However if it boots up etc, and you can do some stuff normally before it stuffs out, then it will be the powersupply, power cable, or the battery.

You could probably recover data from the hard drive if you wanted too, by hooking it up to another laptop motherboard and booting it up. It's best to do this only if you know what you're doing though. I.T technicians can be expensive too.

Or if you took backups either on an external drive, i.e flash (USB drive) or an external hard drive too that would work. USB based external drives can just be plugged into another PC and data accessed. Beware of viruses though, and if possible do a virus-scan on the USB drive before you access any data on it. Standard rule of thumb when using external drives, it'll protect your PC.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.