Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New Here and A Stupid Question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New Here and A Stupid Question
Inuyashafan
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi. I'm new here. I feel silly for asking this and this is kind of a stupid question,but um is it ok to be a member of the site if you like both Kagome and Sesshomaru,but don't like them as a couple? And can we talk about them with other pairings? Just wondering. This is the only active Inuyasha forum I've been able to find so far, so...yeah. I just joined because I'm a fan of the series,but not really of KagomexSesshomaru pairing, though I do like both characters alot on their own.

*feels like an idiot for having to ask this question*

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
The only stupid question is the one that is never asked so don't feel bad about asking questions.

To answer yours, this site is dedicated to the Sesshoumaru and Kagome pairing. Every story here will be centered around the two of them in some sort of relationship or what not. I haven't come across any stories that were focused solely on just one of them. There are other sites if you are not a fan of them as a pair such as Fanfiction.net and Inuyasha-fanfiction.com. You can find all different stories there that are different pairings and what not.

But, since you're here you should give us a try. There are some truly wonderful works of fan fiction on this site and you might just find yourself enjoying the pairing. Check it out, you might just be surprised

Logged Logged

MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers!

It's totally fine to like them in more of a platonic fashion and still be a member. In fact, you're not alone, I assure you. There are members that do enjoy the dynamic of the two without them being involved in a romantic relationship.

The best thing I can tell you is go through each forum and read the stickies with the rules. That will tell you exactly what is and is not acceptable to talk about in each of the forums.

Welcome to Dokuga! I hope you enjoy your time here

Logged Logged
Inuyashafan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok. Thanks for the help guys.

Logged Logged

MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
Not a problem. Remember, if you have a question that cannot be answered by the Rules and TOS, don't be afraid to PM a mod. They will be more than happy to steer you in the right direction.

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
Adding to what has already been said:

Be careful about what you post here. This site is devoted to them as a pairing, platonic or romantic. We tend to be predominately focused on them in stories and in most conversations. Now you may like them, but not together romantically (As I do), but you should be a fan of them being involved in each other's lives in some way.

If you post a story here that focuses on them being paired with others and having little to do with each other, you'll have some trouble. This is a site devoted to the two of them, a refuge for those of us who like them as a pair.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Inuyashafan
Pup
graphgraph
I have nothing against them being a pairing and I'm not really a fanfiction writer. I mean no disrespect to fans of SesshxKagome by talking about them paired with other characters. I'm open to all options of pairing,both cannon and non-cannon for all characters. I didn't mean to offend anyone by discussing other pairings. Please forgive me if I did. I can always change my nickname too if it's considered too controversial because it features a different pairing. I didn't mean for it to be offensive,but I'm deeply sorry if it came off that way. I can definately see Sesshy invovled in Kagome's life atleast as friend even in the canon story considering the end events of Final Act and the friendly greeting she gave him(which I won't spoil.)

Edit: I changed my nickname to make it more friendly for the forum.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/12 21:55 By Inuyashafan.

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
I'm just covering the bases to make sure everything is clear. We are a cool and easy going bunch, so don't worry about anyone being offended. There are plenty of people here who support other pairings, including ones that don't devote our favorite two to each other.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Sp@ceMonkey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
When I came her I was a newly-interested SxK fan with a loooong history of being a cannon-only writer, so I can empathize with your hesitancy. Honestly, I would be a bit careful-- sites like this one tend have a much higher population of writer/readers/artists who don't like Inuyasha at all; it's a lot easier to step on toes in that area than on paring-neutral places like FF.net.

BUT, I wouldn't worry too much. Dokuga is one of the more friendly places that at least I've been to, personally, and there are also many people who ship several parings, including (as I do) both IxK and SxK. I think you'll find that most of us don't bite.

Well... not too hard anyway.

Logged Logged
Inuyashafan
Pup
graphgraph
@SpaceMonkey: Thank you. I will try to be careful about what I post. I ship/support several pairings too,mostly InuxKikyo and InuxKagome, but I also sometimes ship KagomexKoga. I might give SesshxKagome a try in fanfiction though. It seems like a nice challenge and I've been looking for things to do lately. I don't really write fanfiction,but I have written alot of original fictions so I might be able to give fanfiction a shot. I've already gotten an idea on how Sesshomaru and Kagome can meet up.

Logged Logged

Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:New Here and A Stupid Question 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I don't have anything to add, just wanted to say I love your default pic. IY as a human, I don't see that often

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.