Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Internet Explorer
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Internet Explorer
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Internet Explorer 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 78
At my house, Internet Explorer wasn't working for like 24 hours. Every time I tried to go online, I got kicked off again, and I hadn't got around to putting Firefox on my new (to me)computer yet. I was suffering withdrawls! I hadn't realized the full extent of my internet addiction!

So, does anyone know? Was something up with Internet Explorer?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Internet Explorer 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm not sure what happened exactly yesterday, but it's not the first time that IE has been completely down while all other browsers were completely fine. I'd suggest hurrying to drop it, and getting another, lol.

Logged Logged

Coenraad
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Internet Explorer 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I don't use IE myself so I don't know much about it. I do know that Internet Explorer is hard-coded into your windows, simply put; install windows, get IE with it.

Also sometimes certain anti-virus programs block all internet browsers from displaying internet pages, but this is mostly due to there not being a valid license for the anti-virus program. to my knowledge; kaspersky is the only virus scanner that does that.

the only other reasons I can think if is a possible Hijack of your computer. Hijacks basically steal control from you in certain aspects. mostly its just scammers trying to get you to buy something which you don't need. They incite you by blocking your Internet access and only one page will load up no matter what you try, this one page happens to be a small blady-bla with something along the lines of "Our remote system scans report that your computer has been hijacked, buy our internet security now and never have to worry about it again."

I doubt its any of those for your case and about the only thing I can say is that Internet Explorer is a highly unstable browser, Reason being is because it is hard-coded into windows. While windows tries to change and evolve, internet explorer stays the same; it just has a few extra bits of code to patch up compatibility issues which isn't the smartest strategy. on that note I agree with Madison; Get yourself Firefox ASAP.

Firefox is way more stable, and has more possibilities. Also it doesn't end up crashing when windows comes up with an error. that and Firefox will remember the web-pages you last had open when you either close Firefox manually or when it crashes, so no starting from scratch looking for things.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.