Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Proof-reading help wanted!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Proof-reading help wanted!
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Proof-reading help wanted! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 156
Uhm, so, this is a bit of an odd request, but...

I need to turn in my BA thesis next Friday. As I study English translation, I naturally had to write it in English. However, since English is not my native language, there might be some mistakes in, like with the use of prepositions, or some words not suitable for the proper academic register etc.
For this reason, I would like a native speaker, preferably with academic background, to proofread the text to see if there are any bad blunders in.

The paper is about 17 pages long (though with line spacing of 1.5, so that going by wordcount, I've written longer fanfic chapters...) and the subject is the translation of manga, with a special focus in scanlation, so hopefully it will not be too dry and academic a read. ;3

Oh! And I (try to) use British English spelling etc. And as I said, the deadline is on Friday, so I need it by then.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer in return for the service save for karma (unless I can tempt you with the chance to get to read chapter 22 of my fic Chain of Love before anyone else), but I hope there is some friendly soul here who would be kind enough to help me out... Please? Pretty please?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/12 12:39 By Chie.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Shay
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Proof-reading help wanted! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
If you don't get anyone with a better resume than mine (won't be hard for them LOL) then I'll do it.
No academic background, only completed highschool, Canadian-English but I have British-English family members and generally refer to their way of spelling things.
The most I can do is just look for the basic mistakes and check your spelling but thats better than nothing I suppose.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/12 13:50 By Elven_mistress. Reason: spelling mistake lol

To do homework or read fanfiction, that is the ultimate question...
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Proof-reading help wanted! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 156
Thanks for the offer! :3

An online friend I asked previously to do me a favour and proof-read the paper just got back to me, saying he can proof-read it... But having more eyes won't hurt, I suppose, so if you want, I can still send the paper over for you to proof-read.

Logged Logged
Tenshi Villiers
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Proof-reading help wanted! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
I would love to look at it. send it to xivangelbaby@yahoo.com asap

Logged Logged

Our Master Tenshi Villiers has claimed the role of block master and her mighty hammer of blah. Also do not anger the Great Leader of the Band of Seven for thou are human and easily cut by Banryu. Hahahaha
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.