Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you?
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 18
I haven't had any issues with anything on FFN myself. You could try clearing your cache and cookies and flushing your DNS. that may help.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/25 02:07 By creature of shadow.

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MiHonoKo
Pup
graphgraph
Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
So for about a month now I haven’t be receiving any update alerts for the stories I’ve subscribed to on Fanfiction.net. I know that some HAVE been updated because I’ll see that they’ve been updated on the sight’s archives. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

Logged Logged

A Demon\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s wife
The Dominant Heart
Powerless Against the Shikon curse
Powerless To Stop
Koishii no Hana
Morgan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 5
I haven't received an Update Alert in over 2 months, so yeah I'm having this problem and it's really disconcerting!

Logged Logged
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
That is strange. I have had a lot of problems with ff.net lately, but not that one. I have had several alerts in the last few days alone. Once I click into a story, being able to navigate to the next chapter has been a real problem for over a week now. Sometimes it goes, sometimes I get an error message, sometimes it just terminally loads until it times out. And we won't even get into what happens when I try to use the search function. lol. I guess they are having major problems right now. Hope they get it fixed soon. And I'm reeeealy glad I'm not one of their techies. It makes me appreciate Miss Kagura more than I already do. You are awesome Miss K!

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 23
Eh. I haven't been on FF.net expect to update one of my stories. I stopped going there when they started deleting stories for the smallest reason(such as grammar mistakes within the story, and small things like that)

But I have heard from people who still go there that they have been having problems with the site, reading stories and otherwise. However, I have been getting a lot of alerts for stories on the site, so it may just be a problem with the system. Which I wouldn't doubt, for the past few years they have been having a lot of technical problems.

Good luck, hope everything works out on it!

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 91
I'm getting them just fine. It might be on your end. Check your spam folder.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
MiHonoKo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
I do that about once a week, but thanks for the advice.

Logged Logged

A Demon\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s wife
The Dominant Heart
Powerless To Stop
Koishii no Hana
MiHonoKo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
I keep my spam controls off to avode problems like that.

Logged Logged

The Dominant Heart
Powerless To Stop
Koishii no Hana
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
It might be you without specifically being 'you'. I don't know exactly how, but it might be a communication problem between your system, somehow, and the site itself. I've been having a similar issue for the longest time with FF.net's original-fiction sister site, Fictionpress.com, where I had to actually go to the site to check for reviews because the site was failing to send me the notifications, but my friend Itsy who has my stories on alert was receiving notifications about my updates, so . . . yeah, while I can't explain it properly (*sweatdrop*) I can tell you that you're not alone in having issues with these sites. I'd suggest, when you have time, drop a line to their mods/admins (though I know they're not very attentive unless you beat them in the head with a problem) and ask them if they know what's causing the issue or if they know of anything that you can do on your end to fix it.

Logged Logged
MiHonoKo
Pup
graphgraph
I did send an e-mail but I don't expect much seengs how they still haven't tried to fix the bookmarking problem that I asked REPETEDLY about when they first added the feature.

Logged Logged

The Dominant Heart
Powerless To Stop
Koishii no Hana
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Alert problem on FF.net, has it happened to you? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
Well, was worth a shot :/

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.