Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Movie Recommendation
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Movie Recommendation
ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Movie Recommendation 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
Bah. >.>

*loves on*

Logged Logged

It takes courage to kill, wit to avoid it and strength to never be tempted.
-
Sometimes you\\\\\\\'ve just gotta bite the bullet and take the plunge. Sometimes you just have to say \\\\\\\'I was wrong\\\\\\\'.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Movie Recommendation 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
Okay- now the movie I'm about to mention isn't what many would consider a 'great film', it's not what critics would call a 'masterful work of cinematography' . . . but it is a lot of fun and within about the first 5 to 10 minutes I actually saw a guy that made me say "holy crap, give him white hair and he could totally be my Sesshomaru". . . . Which, in hindsight, could have been really awkward 'cause I was talking to my husband, but he knows all about my Sesshie hang up.

The movie is made (and meant to be watched) in the context of it being a 'live-action anime'. It's called "Death Trance" and stars a martial artist/actor named Tak Sakaguchi as a man named 'Grave' who steals a mystical coffin from a shrine & because the coffin is rumored to grant wishes to whom ever can bring it to a particular area much fighting & calamity ensues. There's a li'l girl who's following him around (I know, I know, I went 'OMG, he's even got a Rin!') and . . . at a few points in the movie, his eyes go red, which means . . . Mr. Sakaguchi could very well be many people's Naraku, too >_>.

Again, it's not a spectacular film, but it's a lot of fun, it's got a lot of action, it's set in an interesting alternate universe (looks like a gothic, scrubby version of the Feudal Era, but then they have guns and there's even a fight scene were a motorcycle comes into play) and some quite amusing scenes, like Grave trying to headbutt someone and actually hurting himself XD. There are a few other things that made me relate Sakaguchi to a real-life Sessh in this film, not only is he ridiculously pretty, he also doesn't speak much, gets irritated with those that do and only seems to crack a grin when he's in- or about to go into- combat (he's also the only one wearing white, like the entire movie XD).

So if you have a good grip on your suspension of disbelief and can appreciate a film as just being fun, then watch "Death Trance."

*Tak Sakaguchi as 'Grave'

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/22 07:55 By Freya Ishtar.
ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Frey, you're obsessed.

Logged Logged

-
Sometimes you\\\\\\\'ve just gotta bite the bullet and take the plunge. Sometimes you just have to say \\\\\\\'I was wrong\\\\\\\'.

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Movie Recommendation 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
Itsy, my dear- need I remind you of your reaction after the last two 'ridiculously pretty' men I pointed out to you? Example: Gackt <-- How long did you spend on youtube after watching that video I recommended to you with him as the Samurai on the battlefield?

I wasn't looking for someone to fit a 'live action Sessh' ideal, I was just watching this movie and it hit, so I wanted to share with my fellow Sesshie-fans.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/22 10:27 By Freya Ishtar.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Uh-huh, I could give the second example. Or you can just accept that I'm usually right about these things.;p

Logged Logged
ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
"Usually" right. ^^

Logged Logged

-

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
*sagely nod* no one is infallable.

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Movie Recommendation 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 27
I'm going to have to check this one out, then I will probably back you up on this one Freya.

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Thank you, Angelic!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.