Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
help me plz!! im worried!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: help me plz!! im worried!
Mina
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
today this indian guy called me he said he was from microsoft support technician group and said i had a malicious ting on my comp and i was like: wtf?? no way! he said he could prove it by having me to these steps he said type in eventvwr and i went to event window he asked me about an antivirus and i was like i have avast he said he needed me to check if i was still under microsoft warranty and i said idk he said go to www. logme123 .com and put in a code i put in 774926 and it said code was overdue then i said goodbye and hung up after he gave me his name and #...wat do i do? did i just get almost scammeD? i went online and ppl said its scam and said its this new virus that is being unleashed by scammers but u gotta do steps.,.did i doom myself? i didnt buy his "care package" he was offering but plz help me...does any1 noe?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/13 16:50 By wiccanmethuselah.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sarasama1
Pup
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
Hi,

Don't do anything. You are being scammed. Follow this link and read the info in the website.

www.bitterwallet.com/microsoft-phone-scam-being-run-from-indian-call-centres/32278

Hope it helps.

Logged Logged
Mina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
thx sara omg...im still worried tho as long as i didnt download anyting...the farthest was when he told me to go to www. logmein123 .com and type in 774926 and then it said code was unavaible im scared still tho

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/13 16:50 By wiccanmethuselah.
Sarasama1
Pup
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
You'll be ok as long as you didn't download anything. Apparently, that website they gave you has all kinds of Trojans on it that are designed to steal all the information off your computer. The best thing is if you don't even go on that website and if you did, delete the internet history so there's no record of it in your cache just in case.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 39
Best thing you can do right now is a system restore on your computer. Make sure to pick a restore point that is before any of this occured. I've been able to clear out viruses that have slipped past my virus scan& firewall doing a restore.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
I have edited the posts in this thread to remove the link to the malicious site. I don't want one of our members clicking on it out of curiosity and getting themselves into some major trouble!!!

In the future, please do not post links to malicious sites that you may or may not have been scammed by, post the site name with spaces in between the dots so that it does not get posted as a link, 'k? We really don't want our members to have troubles like this!

Thanks!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -666
Thank you, wiccan

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:help me plz!! im worried! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
ladybattousai wrote:
Thank you, wiccan

Any time... figured we needed to nip this one in the bud early, y'know?

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.