Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
It is a wonder I turned out as normal as a phishy could with my genetic make-up considering what my father said and apparently believes.

I was talking to my mother about the books Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters. When my dad walked in. Interrupting me mid-sentence, he asked if I read the new book Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.

I said not yet but I plan on it and we were just talking about the author. In mid-sentence again, he interrupts me with a quick rundown of the book's plot. I said, "Yeah, it's by the same writer as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I'm gonna have to buy it to add to my parody book pile. I love what the authors are doing now."

Dad, confused, asked what I meant.

"Just that I love all the parody books about classics and such being released."

He then preceded to get angry. "You're telling me it wasn't real?!."

*blink blink* ".....Nooooo...... it wasn't real....." I laugh, thinking he is pulling my leg with sarcasm.

"(insert curses) Thanks. Just thanks. I'm not going to even finish the book now."

To make a TL;DR story short. He seriously thought the book was based on true events and Abraham Lincoln was actually secretly a vampire hunter. Weep for me Dokuga, and pray I don't pass these genes along to my kids.

Oh, and laugh, I did!

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
OMG and I thought I inherited some weird genes lol. With my family it's just the overwhelming urge to lie and the inability to see anything that doesn't revolve around you. That and at least one or two forms of crazy each. I got the voices and paranoia. I feel sorry for any future kids I might have.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
At least we are not alone, we have each other, Hairann.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I phear my genetic pool needs chlorine. 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Very true, sad, but true .

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.