Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Technology...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Technology...
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
and I have this love hate relationship. Sometimes we get along, other times we don't. Sadly, I'm in one of those 'other times' right now with a few of my devices.

My laptop is being weird. It will overheat even though I got a fan for it. In the most random times too, but mostly when I'm watching a DVD or playing a game. So next week I will be taking my laptop in to get it checked over and if anything is wrong, fixed.

Which means, it may take awhile before I am able to update 'Unexpected'(for those who read it) I have the chapter all planned out and I have started on it, but since I doubt I will get it done by the end of this week, that means I won't be able to work on it/get it posted until I get my laptop looked at and returned!

Woo.

I also have a question for one of my things and I was wondering if the people here could offer me some advice I recently got a tablet(Bamboo pen and touch) and while the tablet is easy to use, I really am having trouble getting the right brush to use in the photoshop that came with it. It came with the adobe photoshop and when I draw in that program the lines don't come out smooth, it looks weird. Even if I press hard on the pen, it still comes out where in some parts of the lines it looks more faded. I was wondering if anyone knew why this was, or what the best brush in the program would be for drawing?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/13 21:29 By PRVN.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Landare
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 18
Congrats on your tablet!

If you want a crisp, black stroke you need to change your brush-settings.

Go to 'Window' in the upper menu bar and choose 'brushes' (or use the short-key 'F5'); and the brush-settings palett will pop up.

Choose the brush you want to use, for inking I usually use a standard, small hard brush.

Now choose 'Bruh Tip Shape' and set 'Spacing' to 1%.

Make shure 'Shape Dynamics' is checked and set 'Size Jitter'-control to 'Pen Pressure'

Look at the brush-palett menu: the only things that should be checked are 'Shape Dynamics' and 'Smoothing'.

Now - test out your brush!

Tutorial for lineart in Photoshop: http://ladyshieru.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d166qkf
Tutorial for sketching in Photoshop: http://danidraws.com/2007/08/07/the-complete-digital-comic-part-1-sketching-and-pencilling-in-photos

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Thank you so much!!

It helped a lot, and works better now Thank you!

Logged Logged
I Agree
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
Well about your love/hate for technology right now (unless you got over it), don't worry, you aren't alone.

I am DEATH to all things technological, and I can prove it. In ONE WEEK of last year, I broke my sisters computer TWICE (it got fixed easily the first time, then I FRIED it the next day), wiped out my own motherboard (still don't know how), killed my memory stick (got it fixed though), and obtained the blue screen of death on my mothers computer. I kid you not. Don't even ask me about the items that week that weren't computer related. I was afraid to touch anything electronic for months afterward.

It got better, but electronics do seem to die around me. So don't worry, it'll get better I promise!

Logged Logged

Im never going to do that again until next week....

I iz the Master Agreer of Dokuga Island with my O.K. Stamp of Yes!
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
I repel anything technologic lol

Seriously!

I lost my flashdrive (with all my fan fiction writing on it) and my mom finds it, then after a span of me having it for four hours I lose it again, 24 hours later I still haven't found the thing.
I lose my cell phone all the time...all the time!
And my desktop well lol it just doesn't work well with me anymore lol

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
HAHA! Weird stuff happens to me to.

For instance, right before school started up again this previous summer, I was watching a video and all of the sudden, ;chirp; my laptop DIES.

cries~!

I decided then, to buy myself a new computer.
It cost me LOADS and when I set it up, the speakers weren't responding. To make things worse, my external hard drive DIED too and I lost EVERYTHING!

It was one thing after another.

Did I mention after the first day of use, my computer also somehow got infected by some virus?!?! GAH, I had to reformat it again.

I don't remember all the details now, but that really was a super stressful week.

Stupid technology...

Logged Logged

Vonne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
My sister has the exact same problem with TWO of her laptops; it's usually because your laptop is small and portable, meaning a weaker fan system. Because of this, it's unwise to leave it on for long periods of time (even if it's on hybernation or sleep mode).

What we usually do instead of paying for a new fan is feel the empty spaces beside your T-Pad (because this is where you place your wrists/arms to type if you place it on your laptop, meaning body-heat will be transmitted here), on your keyboard (usually the side opposite to the fan sound), and on te small space between the keybaord and your laptop screen's hinge. If any of these areas feel extremely warm, warmer by your body temperature by a certain margin, or close to smoking hot, then go and grab an icepack and place it there. Move the pack around after one area has gotten cooler, this should pro-long the 'life' until you finish your movie/project and let your laptop rest.

Personally, I've learned that keeping your laptop on a glass table would make the situation even worse and if you have a nice AC system, keeping that on helps bunches.

Small and convienient laptops are usually the ones with fan and inner-system problems the most, of course depending on who's using it and if they let it rest or not. Big laptops aren't very nice to carry into bed, but they work oodles better if you are forced to stay on for a long time due to work, writing, or hobby-wise. It's one of the reasons why gaming laptop brands such as Alienware last for so long (in my experience).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/10/22 22:26 By RenderedReversed.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
My laptop is a pretty big one. Its being cleaned out right now. The place we got it from(rent a center- btw, never rent from there) said the inside was just dirty. So they are cleaning it out now.

Logged Logged
Vonne
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Technology... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
PRVN wrote:
My laptop is a pretty big one. Its being cleaned out right now. The place we got it from(rent a center- btw, never rent from there) said the inside was just dirty. So they are cleaning it out now.
Ah. That would be a huge relief. New fans are sometimes more expensive than the laptop itself O.O'' 'specially the big ones. I broke one of my old bigger laptop's fan before... It cost double the price to be replaced. That's when I decided to just go for a new one, resulting in my Alienware

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.