Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Rant
Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Rant 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
I have to rant to someone about this. I was talking to some friends of mine from high school and they were making fun of me for saying that I don't get to go out hardly at all because of my daughter. And the only thing I could think of while they are going on and on about partying was when are you going to grow up? All of them still live off of mommy and daddy and think the world should take care of them without them having to lift a finger. I understand that I am a very young mom, and that's not for most people, that's cool, but come on your 20, you should have a job and pay for your own stuff.
Sorry I just had to get it off my chest.
~Teana

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Saide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rant 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
Eh, let them be. Whose money they're spending anyway when they're going out and partying? Are they even your friends to begin with and they're only concerned that you're not going out with them partying? Having your daughter is a blessing, they think it's a burden to you. At least even though you got a child at a young age and you know the responsibilities of being a parent and being a parent means having to sacrifice the things you used to do for the sake of your kid.

They don't know that, they only know how to spend the money their parents worked so hard to earn. If they start to have children of their own and act like they're still in high school, good luck for them.

Logged Logged
Kerii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rant 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
I became a mom young as well. She is 16 now, but I remmbr back then. I remember watching all my friends party and live like that. Sometimes I envied them. However, one look at my little girl and I knew I wa happy the way things were. As long as you are happy, thats all that matters, right? They will grow up one day.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Rant 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
Honey, I totally feel ya. The town I live in is full of people who would rather dump their kids off on whoever will take them just so they can go out and party. I can understand once in a while (since I do ask boyfriend's sister to keep his kids overnight if we want to go out somewhere), but in moderation. Some people just don't grow up until they are forced to.

I applaud you for your dedication to your daughter. After seeing how people in this town are with their kids, I love to see a parent who stands up and takes responsibility, even if it means growing up a little earlier than the rest of the pack.

Logged Logged
Ink
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rant 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
My cousin is like that. She partys all the time and leaves the kids with anyone one. You sound like a pretty cool mom to me. So just ignore them. They are ,in my opinion, to young for you now.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.