Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
They changed Wonder Woman
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: They changed Wonder Woman
kori
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
They changed Wonder Woman 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I read this today and was like wth how could they do that, I mean on one hand she got a new look and its pretty kickass, but on the other they changed her whole history just about, so what do you guys think about it?
Here is the link for the report with a pic of her new looks

buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93808?fp=1

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Gabrielle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:They changed Wonder Woman 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I just looked it up.
I really don't like the change. "Re-inventing" her is like taking one of those "classically American" things and needlessly destroying it.

Logged Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kori
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:They changed Wonder Woman 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Some women are ok with it cause it is less, hmm Trampy as my gramma would say. I agree I think they are going to ruin it, but then again the new generation might like it alot and I think that is what they are after because most young girls and young women today associate with heroines like Lara Croft, and Alice from Resident Evil. I am going to reserve judgement until I can see how the first comic goes. I think the new Wonder Woman reminds me of how Anita Blake looks in the comics for Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake vampire series.

This may go like when they killed Superman off years ago, and everyone got all fired up about it. lol

Logged Logged
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:They changed Wonder Woman 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
I heard about this on the news.

Honestly, I've always had a quiet dislike for her uniform. A few of the past variations - like the one with the skirt - kind of bugged me too. It was very... impractical. There's no way she could be uninjured fighting in the equivalent of a bathing suit. Sure, those gauntlets are great for deflecting bullets, but your legs can't. Besides that, I may be an American, be even I think her costume was too nationalistic. She's an Amazon from another island, leaves her homeland, and dresses in an exaggerated scrap of the American flag. No, it just never made sense to me.

But something about this new one interests me.

Plus, I love her new outfit design. It's going from one nice design to another in order for her stay up with the generation. She's still got the boots and the upper portion of the uniform still resembles her old one. The gauntlets look way more kicka**. And the jacket is a nice touch - biker jacket to make her look tough, and a bit of extra protection on the side. And they gave her something to cover her legs! Thank god!

Honestly, I'd rather her have the new outfit, than her wearing something as if she stepped out of a copy of Red Sonya -->

Plus, America is trying to get its comic book industry to appeal to the younger generations. Notice, not many American kids read American comics/graphic novels. Right now, it's the Japanese graphic novel and animation that holds their attention. This reinvention is not only to keep her up to date, but to try to put American superheroes back into the focus of the younger generation so it doesn't die out.

Logged Logged

Sovereign State
Pup
graphgraph
Re:They changed Wonder Woman 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
The Underoos version of that costume is going to be a bum out.

(Why yes, I did have Wonder Woman Underoos as a child!)

Logged Logged
Kerii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:They changed Wonder Woman 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
I had Spider Girl underoos. Anyhow I like her new look. I do agree with Cookie. I am not sure if it will help though.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.