Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE
saiyuri06
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 14 Years ago Karma: 0
I was shocked to read this tonight on my livejournal, and more shocked to find out that the article is two years old. Please I think the more people we make aware of this the better. But I didn't really know who to make aware. But where better to start then the dokuga community? Please read this article and help me get the word out. Who knows it might make a difference right?
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/10/AR2008121003855.html?nav=rss_email/components

Thanks
saiyuri

Logged Logged

sai
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 14 Years ago Karma: 8
That IS very horrible!

Logged Logged

saiyuri06
Pup
graphgraph
Re:AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 14 Years ago Karma: 0
I know. When I read the article last night I just couldn't let it rest. I felt I had to let others know what is happening right under our noses that we are unaware of.

Logged Logged

sai
Kogasangel
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 14 Years ago Karma: 11
My heart goes out to him. North Korea is a strange country. I think that they use intimidation as a way of control. I really hope that this guy's story makes a difference.

Logged Logged
saiyuri06
Pup
graphgraph
Re:AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 14 Years ago Karma: 0
I want to thank everyone who read this post. It means a lot to me. I can only hope it changed others lives the way it changed the way I see mine. Also an early HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all those on Dokuga.

Saiyuri

Logged Logged

sai
Janey-jane
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 14 Years ago Karma: 11
Over the years I've read multiple accounts of life in North Korea from defectors. From their reports even normal citizens live poor lives with extremely limited personal freedoms and are rigidly controlled through abuse, fear and intimidation. And from this article I can see why the fear and intimidation work. while nothing in the article was particularly surprising to me its both appalling to realize that human rights atrocities like this still occur, and humbling to be reminded that I grew up without fear, hunger, and with practically limitless opportunity.

this is an image that first circulated a couple of years ago (I think by National Geographic? Anyone feel free to correct me!)but I still find it very powerful. This shows part of China, North and South Korea and Japan at night. North Korea is outlined in red - the one little dot of light is its capital Pyongyang - contrast it to the clearly visible beacon of Seoul, or Japan that practically has veins of light!

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:AWARENESS NEEDED PLEASE 13 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 12
Janey, you make an excellent point. North Korea is kept in darkness in more ways than one. I am often reminded of a quote, the author of which escapes me, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others." We are, indeed, blessed to live in this country.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.