Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but...
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but... 14 Years ago Karma: 8
I love every review I get. I really do. Feedback is the icing on the cake of hard work.

But it makes me scratch my head when somebody asks me a question in an anonymous review and I can't even message them to answer it. Some are questions that answer themselves in the story, but I've seen a few that I have no way to answer because I can't contact the reviewer. One question relating to blood will be answered in-fic, but...argh! I can't even tell them THAT because of the lack of contact info!

Am I crazy for this, or do other people kinda go :/ at it too?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but... 14 Years ago Karma: 10
I am the same way. I love reviews. It makes my day when I get one, but why do they even ask a question if they don't want an answer? You're not alone. It bugs me too.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but... 14 Years ago Karma: 156
For me, the reviews I want to reply the most are usually anonymous, whether they ask a question (in which case I answer it in a AN at the end of the chapter) or have something to criticise about. I have much more to reply to someone expressing criticism than to someone with just another "please update soon"... Perhaps the people expressing criticism are afraid to leave their contact info, because they're afraid of my response to them, I don't know. >_> But it annoyes me greatly and those anonymous criticisers usually result in a ranty AN/LJ post. ^^;

There was one time when an anonymous review got me laughing - hard. It was to the second chapter of TT - in TT, the first two chapters balance between flashbacks and 'now', to fully explain the past and background of both Sess and Kags(it's an AU), thus creating the whole foundation to the story. The reviewer disliked my flashbacky style greatly and declared s/he simply COULDN'T read any further past ch2... When the actual flashback-free story would've started in the very next chapter. Reader's loss...

Another puzzling encounter was when someone noted I should proofread my stories better and then offered to become my proofreader if I liked - and did not bother to leave any contact information behind. O_o

Logged Logged
Sesshoumaru's Lady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but... 14 Years ago Karma: 2
Hiya, while I have not posted many stories on this site. I can completely understand where you are coming from on the topic. It is frustrating. The only reason I can think of why someone would leave an anonymous review when a question posed is in hopes that it will actually be addressed in the story without a chance for confrontation. I have observed when I used to venture more in the ff.net world, that authors tend to get snarky sometimes with questions posed in reviews due to maybe the reader not completely understanding and the author indicating that it was addressed or whatever reason but it gets to the point where there was actual verbal bashing between reviewer and author through the review section... I'm not saying this at all pertains to you or anything like that or that I agree with it ... I guess I can see with some people that what they say and what they mean are two different things and maybe some readers observing that want to give you the review but don't want to get into a verbal spar in case of misunderstanding.. I don't know.. It's just something I've observed...

BTW! Your story (actually stories) absolutely, positively freaking rocks! Keep up the good work!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but... 14 Years ago Karma: 277
Unfortunately, here at Dokuga, we prohibit answering reviewers in the author's notes. If a reviewer on Dokuga really wants an answer to their question, they need to either sign into their account, or provide contact information in the review. Or, better yet, contact the author privately and ask their question.

For more information regarding author's notes and the rules, please go HERE:

http://dokuga.com/rules

Author's notes on Dokuga are strictly limited by size and scope... please read the rules carefully so that I won't have to track you down for warnings!!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kind of an annoyance that's silly, but... 14 Years ago Karma: 8
^ Oh, don't worry, the story raises a ton of questions that will answer themselves as it goes on. I did it like that on purpose.

I only put up author notes to warn of lemons or gore or to remind that the next day's chapter might be late if something comes up. I keep the medical terms glossary to the bottom of the chapters since some terms need a few sentences to explain, and that can get annoying at the top.

I'm glad though, to see that I'm not the only one who raises a brow at a question with no way to answer. >_>;;

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.