Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Little Grey Square
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Little Grey Square
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Little Grey Square 14 Years ago Karma: 78
Hey, guys, I was on here laaaaate last night when up popped a little grey square. Inside, it said something along the lines of "automatic update complete" and wanted me to click on a box to restart computer in 17 minutes, I think it was. Is this a virus, or am I being paranoid and hypervigilant, as is my wont?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Little Grey Square 14 Years ago Karma: -666
That's very bizarre. If I were you, I'd PM MissK and see if that had anything to do with the site. She's the architect around here, but you could also ask Presidente Skye. Otherwise, I think you might have a virus.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Little Grey Square 14 Years ago Karma: 78
Ruh-roh. As soon as I saw it pop up, I exited the internet and grabbed the power cord and pulled the plug. Double-time! This is my extremely high-tech, sophisticated reaction whenever I see something weird, having had to pay a lot of money after getting viruses on ff.net. I hope that not clicking on anything and being fast with pulling the power cord was good enough...

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Little Grey Square 14 Years ago Karma: 28
As far as I know, this is a normal function of Windows computers. I had an automatic update the other morning that kept bugging me while I was trying to do homework - just keep clicking "later" until you're at a good stopping point, and then restart your computer. I've seen this happen on multiple computers to multiple people and they were all secure computers with no reason to have contracted any viruses.

But, I'd still find out what Miss K has to say. That's just what I know from my experience.

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Little Grey Square 14 Years ago Karma: 78
Thanks, Jupe! That makes me feel a little better...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.