Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Another FF? Already?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Another FF? Already?
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Another FF? Already? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Yes, the link says it all. They just put FF XIII on the market. They are already showing signs of XIV??? Did this just new game not hit as big as they thought? I wouldn't really know. I can't afford to pay for 13 yet. If 14 is the online game they were talking about one buying and then it's free to play after that, I'll be ve3ry happy. The monthly costs I had been told about is why I didn't play XI. Well, that and that I didn't have money at the time for it either.

So, what does one think? Will it be good? So far, it looks similar to the races used in XI. I'd be more excited if they stayed out of the other worlds, like Ivalice, and go back to Terra or Gaia. Or maybe just bring back the older games again. My poor Final Fantasy IX can't be played anymore. It would be nice if they brought it back out, along with all the other PSONE games. Even if they don't upgrade it, or add in new cinemas (which I'm perfectly fine with the idea of them NOT doing it), I would be happy to see them come back.

Let's not forget that evil FF7 remade opening trailer we always see. >.> That one would be good if they did remake it a bit. Square hands to bug me after a while. @.@ Though, that rumor/teasing trailer only makes it worse. ~.~ I'm not even a big fan of 7. Though maybe, just maybe, some improvement to it may make me enjoy it a little more. (It's not just the graphics. I just like FF 8 better.)

Anywho! This is about 14. The storyline is, once again, a war setting. War settings are nice, don't get me wrong. They just seem to be doing a lot more of that. Who knows what 'The Twelve', or their 'gods' for the game will look like. Probably a bunch of new summonings popping up too. I'm unsure. I'm starting to really miss Shiva though. She should have never been made a ship. *sigh*

Besides all that, it does look pretty in the cinematic. I see a lot more knightly roles. That also doesn't help. I don't like Paladins, and there seems to be more and more of that class coming in all the games coming out. >.> Maybe make the main character a bowmen. That would be awesome!

Sooo, what does everyone else think? If any of you have played Final Fantasy 13, please tell me what you thought of it. It's the first time I didn't want to play a FF; and, it's not because of the price in all actuality with it. Storyline just didn't seem like something I would enjoy. Though, I may be surprised. Who knows? Smittee wants some juicy info that may make her want to play it.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Esus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Another FF? Already? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
I haven't bothered to pay attention to console games in years, but I would honestly go out and buy a PS3 if they remade FF7. It was gut-wrenching when I realized the FF7 remake trailer you referred to wasn't going to go anywhere. It still makes me a little angry to remember that.

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Another FF? Already? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
13 is not -not- NOT worth the money. It's pretty. Downright gorgeous. Otherwise the gameplay couldn't be more linear. There aren't villages and towns (you just buy stuff from shops at save points). The storyline is passable, but only barely. The character design was poor, particularlly in Snow's case.

The battle system is frustrating and not really all that pretty as you have a few choices as to series of attacks if you want to actually win. Some of the battles are so frustrating several people I know quit long before I. I am currently iffy as to if I'm going to play past where I am or not (I'm at the end of chapter 9 and there are 13 chapters).

Overall. I'd wait a year or two until it's 10 bucks used and then give it a shot. It was the most worthless final fantasy i've played yet.

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Another FF? Already? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
The 14 you linked is going to be the new mmo. Which if it's anything like the last one I will pass. I've heard mixed things from people but to play the old mmo you have to have a group. You cannot solo past lvl 15-20 and thats even pushing it. And for someone that tends to solo often on mmo's it wasn't for me. If you have a large group that are planning to be on the same times as you then it's more worth it - at least thats what everyone tells me.

I think Squaresoft killed final fantasy after 7 though. There were a couple passable games but they aren't good anymore...

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.