Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Best friends animal society:
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Best friends animal society:
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Best friends animal society: 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
I know there are a lot of animal lovers on this site. So I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Best friends animal society?

I have been looking into it for the past few months and I'm amazed at what they have done. They have a no kill policy, which is wonderful. They save animals that other places would put to sleep. It's a nice thing to see, I wish I could have found them earlier.

They also offer a four week internship at the sanctuary in the state that I live in. Which I will be taking later this year(around October) I'm excited about that. After that, I'm hoping to get into the animal care career. Anyways, lol enough rambling from me.

I just thought I would share about this great animal society, for those who haven't heard of it.

If you want to check into it, you can do so here: www.bestfriends.org

they also have some videos on the sanctuary; dog town, cat world, bunny house etc.

You can check those videos out here: video.bestfriends.org/media/7/default.aspx

The navigation to seperate(sp) the videos is on the left side.

(I looked through the rules, and I'm hoping this isn't breaking any of them. But if it does I apologize.)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sagacious
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Best friends animal society: 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I love this rescue group. Their facility looks amazing, and I've always wanted to go there. The company I work for in Atlanta helps to host a silent auction event every year to benefit their No More Homeless Pets campaign. We call it the Lint Roller party, and we always get so much donated to help in their cause (Of course, the one in Hollywood is much more well known **snarf**).

One of my good friends went out with her husband and they stayed the week there. She said it was a lot of fun and you'll enjoy yourself. No matter what kind of pet you like, they will have a section of rescues dedicated to it. I would love to go, but we aren't allowed to bring our own furry friends with us (I could never leave my sexy beast behind **snarf**).

I hope you have a lot of fun, and don't be surprised if you end up with a new friend to take home with you at the end...(I've read so many of their sad stories in the BF magazine, your heart just goes out to them!).

P.S. Sorry, I'm one of those animal lovers and I'm really passionate about it!

Logged Logged

If the future road looks ominous or unpromising, and the roads back uninviting, then we need to gather our resolve and, carrying only the necessary baggage, step off that road into another direction. - Maya Angelou
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Best friends animal society: 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
haha I bet a lot of stuff gets donated. I also like how when they educate people on what goes on in puppy mills and other stuff like that, they use an educated approach(I guess that's the best way to put it) they don't try and force their beliefs or finding onto other people and instead provide them with information.

Yeah, that's the one thing I'm hesitant about. When I go for the four week internship I will have to leave my ferrets behind. Which i mean, I have someone that can look after them so I'm not worried about that. It's more like I'm going to hate not seeing them for that long.

I'm going to be going in a month or so with my dad to volunteer for a day or two. Just to get a look at it and everything. I can't wait, I'm sure it will be good learning experince too(not only for myself, but also for my dad)

Ah, I wish I could adopt a dog from there. But sadly I can't right now. T.T

Logged Logged
Sagacious
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Best friends animal society: 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I didn't necessarily say a dog...**wink wink** They have other rescued animals besides dogs...

<.<

>.>

**whispers loudly** They might even have some ferrets...

Logged Logged

If the future road looks ominous or unpromising, and the roads back uninviting, then we need to gather our resolve and, carrying only the necessary baggage, step off that road into another direction. - Maya Angelou
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.