Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Japanese/Korean Dramas
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Japanese/Korean Dramas
PitaBread
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Japanese/Korean Dramas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 15
I have one word for you:

NANA.

If you want drama, it doesn't get any more dramatic than NANA. (Japanese)

It comes in 3 versions: Manga, Anime, and Movie. The manga is the best, because you get the most out of it and they're BIG. The anime is really good, but I love the movie versions. There are two movies so far.

Logged Logged

Lemons and Reviews are love...
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jekya
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Japanese/Korean Dramas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
I read nana in shojo beat it was awesome

Logged Logged

Jekya
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Japanese/Korean Dramas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
One of my favorites is 'You're Beautiful.'

It's a Korean drama and the series is completed.

Logged Logged

Sirinya
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Japanese/Korean Dramas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
I wholeheartedly second Korean Drama "My Girl". I cant think of a drama better then that one. I love it!!! Its funny, heartwarming, and everything thats NOT a Korean drama. Its so different from the other ones. And Lee Dong Wook is to die for... So hot XD

Japanese ones, GTO is kickass. I'm a big fan of Takashi Sorimachi. , There's also Orange days. Its another big one that alot of Japanese people like.

Attention Please is good.
Also liked Busu no Hitomi Koishiteru (something like falling in love with an ugly girl. something like that) - I watched it in Japan and liked it. Its pretty funny although at times can be odd.

If youre looking at something a bit more historical,

Hwang Jin yi (Korean) about a Courtesan in the Joseon Dynasty. (Base on the real hwang Jin yi)

Ooku Dai- ishou (Japanese) - Its about the inner palace of the Tokugawa Shogun. The inner palace is where the wives and concubines live. I watched this in Japan and I loved it! I cant seem to find it any where though. Its like 6 years old.

All the stuff I wrote about is a few years old but oh so good!

The last 2 and My Girl are my fav though

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/26 11:41 By Yunnie.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Japanese/Korean Dramas 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 156
Oh, I second NANA, the movies are absolutely awesome, and they're faithful to the manga too! The characterisations are also splendid, so it's definitely worth a watch.

One series I just remembered today is a Japanese drama called Liar Game. I think its second season is currently on-going, but that I haven't had a chance to watch yet... It's not school-related, nor is it romance, but I liked it. The main idea is a game where each participant is given a huge sum of money, and in the beginning the point is to steal money from the other players. The catch is that once the game ends, the player needs to pay up the sum s/he received, so if s/he lost, s/he has to face a debt. The main character is a girl described as "baka-shoujiki", so honest that it's ridiculously stupid. She loses her money pretty much right in the start, so she hires a pro swindler to help her in the game. It's a bit predictable at times, but I thought it was pretty good, and I really liked the swindler character. :3

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.