Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
This is going to sound strange, and I think it is just me. I must be nuts or something. LOL But I see some similarities between Bella and Kagome...
And I was just wondering if anyone else shared my crazy thought process? O_o

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23

I don't see the similarities at all. Aside from them dealing with things that people mark as 'non-existent' (Such as, vampires, demons etc.)

But I really don't see any similarities between them aside from that one thing...

Logged Logged
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
LOL

I see them as both being really strong women, and they both love hard when they are in love haha

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 23
Ah, this may just be because I am not exactly a fan of Twilight( I have read all books)

However, Bella isn't strong at all. She acts 'strong', but her whole life evolves around the idea of being in love with her 'dream man'. That is what all her thoughts, and decisions are based off of. Which in a way, makes her weak. For when that love left her, she was completely mush, nothing at all. She had no thoughts, she didn't move on, she just sat there depressed and she always waits and hopes for someone to save her. The only action she ever took was to get her love back into her life.

Kagome on the other hand, has more thoughts then just being in love. While yes, she is in love with Inuyasha and her thought of being in love with him often comes to mind it isn't the most important thing to her. But kind of a side thing. She knows her strong and weak points, however it doesn't mean when she gets in trouble she is ALWAYS waiting for someone to come rescue her. Instead she at least tries to help and fight back the best to her ability.

I dunno, like I said before I may just see that because I'm not a fan of Twilight or the message it sends to people(It's okay if you are just wanting to read a plot-less love story) But as far as characters and storyline, it's rather lacking.( but that's off subject )

So i guess that's just why I don't see the similarities you are talking about. (I'm not trying to offend anyone who does like the Twilight saga. It just isn't my 'cup of tea' so to say )

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/03 05:31 By PRVN.
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Lol I don't read the books, I love the first two movies tho.
I am such a girl lol I love romance even if it is really unrealistic.
I have an obsession with Robert Pattinson too
My boyfriend pretty much complained the whole time when we saw Twilight and New Moon.
He makes fun of me for liking it to
Alas, life is cruel

-You make good points Btw

Logged Logged

Crescent Dreams
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
PRVN wrote:
Ah, this may just be because I am not exactly a fan of Twilight( I have read all books)

However, Bella isn't strong at all. She acts 'strong', but her whole life evolves around the idea of being in love with her 'dream man'. That is what all her thoughts, and decisions are based off of. Which in a way, makes her weak. For when that love left her, she was completely mush, nothing at all. She had no thoughts, she didn't move on, she just sat there depressed and she always waits and hopes for someone to save her. The only action she ever took was to get her love back into her life.

Kagome on the other hand, has more thoughts then just being in love. While yes, she is in love with Inuyasha and her thought of being in love with him often comes to mind it isn't the most important thing to her. But kind of a side thing. She knows her strong and weak points, however it doesn't mean when she gets in trouble she is ALWAYS waiting for someone to come rescue her. Instead she at least tries to help and fight back the best to her ability.

I dunno, like I said before I may just see that because I'm not a fan of Twilight or the message it sends to people(It's okay if you are just wanting to read a plot-less love story) But as far as characters and storyline, it's rather lacking.( but that's off subject )

So i guess that's just why I don't see the similarities you are talking about. (I'm not trying to offend anyone who does like the Twilight saga. It just isn't my 'cup of tea' so to say )

I agree with this posting. I've read all the books and have seen the movies, and maybe I've just read one too many fanfictions of Kagome and not enough of the manga, but the two characters aren't anything alike personality wise. They both have what I would consider an 'abusive relationship,' where the character Edward basically screws with Bella emotionally and turns her into the most love-sick, brainless, co-dependant idiot ever written about. Inuyasha to Kagome, how he's always choosing Kikyou over her, calling her names, ect and Kagome still manages to lead her own life that revolves around Inuyasha and her mission by choice, not because she's been brainwashed.

And, where Bella is given the choice to have a non-"abusive" relationship (Jacob), Kagome (in my SK world), can see past Inuyasha's abuse, move on and have a relationship with a being who will treat her right (Sesshoumaru).

Anyway, just thought I'd add in my opinion.

=D

Logged Logged

Crescent Dreams
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
I think it's debatable that the relationship between Kagome and Inuyasha is one of one-sided abuse. Who can plant the other one into the ground with single word and has done so whenever there has been an indiscretion?

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Lol I kinda see your point.

Logged Logged

Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 13
I think that Kagome has set herself up for her own mental anguish. She loves someone whose heart is taken. Maybe Kagome refuses to look for another because her soul is somewhat tied to Inuyasha. Her inability to move on has caused her own pain and suffering. That is mirrored in Inuyasha as well, he cannot let go of Kikyo, which hurts Kagome. Kagome maybe to young to see that she needs to be loved for who she is now, and not who she was in a past life. Some love is meant to transend time and space. This is a case of that. Unfourtantly for Kags, she is on the losing end.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/04 01:34 By lady orrin.

When all else fails...read the directions.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
In the end, Inuyasha waits everyday for her by the well for 3 years. I think that's a very solid case of devotion to one woman.

If the storyline really happened over the course of a single year, then expecting Inuyasha to drop Kikyou for Kagome in a matter of months is too much to expect, especially with the degree of love and betrayal they endured. Inuyasha wasn't aware during those 50 years. It was all fresh and painful when he awoke.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
Haven't read the books but did see Twilight and New Moon (still don't know what my wife see's in them ) But I do remember thinking that the movie seemed a lot like a bad Kagome/Sesshoumaru fic that was set in an alternate universe. We have all read it before Kagome goes to a new school/town, meets Sesshoumaru and his family, they fall in love, Koga (wolf) claims Kagome for his own, there's a lot of angst conflict and fights, and in the end Kagome and Sesshoumaru get together and have a family.

In fact I saw so many similarities that I thought maybe the author of Twilight was a fanfic writer in the Kag/Sess community. LOL

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/04 08:08 By Amadeus.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- Abraham Lincoln
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
Well, I only saw the first movie but I've read the books and I have to agree that Kagome is completely different than Bella. (Warning: There will be spoilers and a rant here, so sorry to Twilight lovers but yeah...not me)

The series itself seems overplayed and only as popular as it is cause they got sexy guys to play the lead males. (No offense to people that acutally liked the books - I personally considered them subpar at good times and creepy or boring at most others. There were points where I skimmed whole sections of self-pity or whining by Bella.)

The whole werewolf pediphile thing also greatly bothered me...as in, a lot...and I don't care how she tried to explain it off as a author by saying it wasn't... Seeing a baby and thinking to yourself 'yeah when that kid hits 18...mmmhmmm we are gonna...' is still extremely creepy to me. Worse at the end when it was what it was with Bella how he wanted to fuck her brains out for her unborn child...which was a cell...yeah no, that was stupid not clever. I've seen bad fan fiction do better than this...really bad...

Not to mention the author completely contradicts all the rules she sets up for her 'special' character Bella who is really just a whiny Bitch that only cares about herself and trying to find her perfect life, and pretty much doesn't care about who she hurts along the way. At the time she becomes a vampire she is 'special' and doesn't go through any other problems every other vampire that has ever existed before her has had to go through (or probably would ever exist again). Why? I dunno, maybe being a childish moron was the way to go and most vampires avoid embracing those sorts...only real explination I could offer...

I found her to be completely stuck up and self-involved and generally a nuisance. She only concerns herself with getting what she wants and doing anything for it...even tormenting the guy she's suppose to love so deeply. She basically forces him to rape her in her dirt and when he is like almost in tears over the fact that he's bruised the shit out of her she'd like 'oh we should do it again'... Yeah totally inconsiderate to the feelings of -anyone- even Edward as long as she's getting exactly what she wants. Personally I felt extremely sorry for Edward that he didn't just kill her, or failed to save her any of the dozens of times she was in danger...or that she didn't succeed in killing herself...she deserved it. He could do better with almost any other woman I've ever met (make note I did say almost).

I only read beyond book 2 because I was given the set as a gift and I've read worse (rarely) books just because they were gifts.

The madness just continues as time goes on. It only gets worse and worse...I really think by book 4 the author had started snorting something before sitting in front of the keyboard.

Logged Logged
Kitana Tsukino-hime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any fans of The Twilight Saga out there!? :D 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Lot's of conflicting opinions, out there. And while I do see certain points. I go on record saying I am a Twilight fan. And I can agree there are similarities. A point I think has been missed is that Bella acted as the adult in the relationship between her and Renee. Making sure bills were paid, ect... Until her mother met Phil. Renee is undeniably sweet, but she is still very much a scatter-brain. That takes strength in and of itself.

The situation Bella finds herself in with the Cullen's is another point. Most people would either think themselve's insane or outright panic learning what she knows. To use a favored quote, "There are more things in Heaven & on Earth, Horatio." Even in today's modern society knowledge of certain things that others would find strange causes fear. But there are those who know. It's a matter of knowing what to do with the knowledge your given. One point I will concede to the naysayers, is Bellla's suicidal tendencies in New Moon. Just because I found it irritating.

The comparison between Bella & Kagome lies not solely within personality, but within a more quiet strength. And what they are willing to do for those closest to them. They may fall to pieces for a time, but they never truly give up. And that for me is the key.

Logged Logged

Sig/Story Archive Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer

Claim Game Banner (C) Sesshomaru\'s Secret Admirer
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.