Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can Something Be Done?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can Something Be Done?
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
The time logs at the top of everyone's entries are all messed up and out of order

Sorry I didn't report her, I just thought that someone else may have already done so. If I ever see another one, I won't hesitate to click the report buttom.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/04 00:35 By lady orrin. Reason: spelling oops

When all else fails...read the directions.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 696975
just learned that it doesn't work adn goes nowhere. but at least you tried Thank you

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
she's banned. Lady B and I pounced as soon as we saw her and banned her. I don't think it's so much a troll as it was an elaborate prank. But she's gone. She can't come back. Legalities or not, this being a fanfiction site, we're not too concerned. This happens and most times it's attention-seeking. By leaving reviews you are only feeding it. We banned her without notice. She was warned that if she did it again she'd be banned without notice.

Every now and again we get a troll on our site. She wasn't the first, nor will she be the last. She wasn't even the worst of them, and I have dealt with much worse than our worst on other sites. As i said, don't feed the trolls, ignore them and REPORT THEM!

Now is a good time to bring up this reporting tidbit. While I was on the site today, and in the chatroom, I was on the awards page, going through nominations. I was also flipping to my dokuga e-mail. Hence why the fic stayed on so long without notice. However, not a single person reported this person. All it takes is one PM to all of the admins. Between all of us we cover about 22 of the 24 horus of hte day. I'd have pounced if I'd seen an e-mail or PM. One person, out of hte 5 that reviewed sent a note to an admin...and it was only one admin. Not to mention that the art attached had three reviewers. Please, please PLEASE PM us (all of us) and let us know so we can take immediate action. This was left up about an hour and though there were 8 reviews, not one notice in an e-mail.

So yes, they're gone. They're not coming back. We have banned her forwards, backwards, sidesways and all ways.

Logged Logged

Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
Lol O_o

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
probably went to miss k. weird. usually we get system e-mails too so the fact that we didn't get that is odd

Logged Logged

Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
:(idk I just went to her profile and hit report user and it said my report was sent!! I swear

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Jess wrote:
I totally reported I thought that girl was trolling lol

To who?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/04 00:08 By Priestess Skye.

Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I totally reported I thought that girl was trolling lol

Logged Logged

Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
I am very sorry for not reporting this. This is the first time I have ever encountererd this sort of thing that I can recall and my outrage just got the better of me. Forgive me.

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
I usually try to ignore this kind of thing, to remain easy going as it were, but even I have limits. {Sigh}. Why does it feel like our happy place is being invaded by hostile parties? I come to Dokuga to enjoy myself and relax, make a few friends{HI, KNIFETHROWER!!!] and lose myself in the wonders of the fandom. Unrest interrupts this process for me and makes Oroyukae very, VERY scrunchie!

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
Okay, i was not real sure about where to put this thread but i had to ask this: Can soemthing be done about that awful Troll-Hawt whatever? Is there no way to block this troublemaker?

Not only is that ...person annoying, now he/she/it has taken to making blatantly false accusations concerning a Moderator as well! I am so outraged about this entire thing and had to respond in a review [ not that I even read it really]. I was curious about all the hullabaloo and skimmed through...SOOO wish I hadn't.

If I am not mistaken, what this person is doing can be considered illegal [ my Criminalistics class just finished with internet crimes, as did my Graphics and Documentation class]. I am checking on the subject.

My outrage with the audacity of this troll is so fierce that I felt I just had to respond and let them know what I thought about their behavior. If I was out of line, please let me know. As I said in my response, I was graced with Wiccan's help in the writing of one of my works in the recent past and hold her in the highest of regards; I was unable to stand for the personal and unwarranted attack upon her character.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
I've noticed the same thing abotu this character. This 'story' just keeps popping in and out. I just don't bother reviewing it. I hope it doesn't come back. THen again, you never know.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 47
I don't think you were out of line. I felt a need to leave a review, too, even though I know I shouldn't have. Doing so only proves that the troll was getting the attention that he or she wanted.

Still, I had to comment on the effort put behind the first chapter, at least. It is no easy task to write an entire chapter filled with misspelled words and chat-speak and not confuse yourself with your own writing. I just don't understand why this person doesn't put this kind of effort into something constructive instead of attacking the hobbies and interests of others.

I'm sure the profile could be deleted as easily as the story was, but I don't know if there is any way to keep the same person from creating another profile -- I'm not big on the knowledge of security on internet sites.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 15
Trolls belong under dark, danky bridges scaring billy goats, not on the internet. D:

Trolls ought to be dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

Don't reason with it, don't threaten it, don't FEED it.

Trolls don't listen to you.

They won't improve or change their style of writing. They just whore for attention.

Delete all of their work and BAN them permanently. Or as long as it takes.

Nobody wants a troll. They're pond bridge scum. D:

Logged Logged

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
LadySafire
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
:scratching head: ummm... I cant get all the messages for some reason so can someone tell me what is going on? I am really confused.

huggles

LadySafire

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
THE FORUM IS CHAOS!!!! EVERYONE RUN FOR COVER AND PRAY FOR MISSK!!!!

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
I've sent out an SOS for Miss K... hopefully, if she's not too busy, she'll be able to correct this soon.

In the meantime, remember the words on the cover to every "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,"

Don't Panic

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can Something Be Done? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
Maybe since we told on the glich it ran away, the last three posts have ended up in the right place. Other threads seem to be posting the correct way

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.