Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A Little Inspiration Goes a Long Way
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: A Little Inspiration Goes a Long Way
AmIOtaku
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A Little Inspiration Goes a Long Way 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 14
Hey everyone.

OK, this is my first time foruming (?), but I just wanted to start something and see how it goes. As it is near the end of this year, and the new is right around the corner, I'd like to invite people to post any words, lines, quotes, etc. that they have found inspirational or put forth a positive outlook.

It can be from any source: a friend, book, movie, anime or manga (most especially if it's from the InuYasha universe )

I just wanted to post this because I thought it would be nice to see where we all can find some inspiration or words that may make our day.

I don't have anything to add yet, but I will soon. Anyway, sorry I rambled, but I do hope people will add.

Thanks all!!

~AIO

Logged Logged

I am off in my own world.

You want me to send a postcard or something?
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:A Little Inspiration Goes a Long Way 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 13
I heard this on the radio just before Thanksgiving, thr DJ's were giving their Thanksgiving thoughts....

HERE'S TO EVERYONE I HAVE LOVED, EVERYTHING I HAVE, AND EVERYTHING AND EVERONE THAT I HAVE LOST, FOR IT REMINDS ME HOW PRECIOUS THEY WERE TO ME

I thought it was a really good "Im thankfull for" line....

Happy Holidays

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:A Little Inspiration Goes a Long Way 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 47
It's amazing how a mundane action can lead to you feeling better about the world, in general. The other day, I had been eating breakfast at a local diner. Because it was crowded, I was sitting at a counter, elbow to elbow with other customers, and an older man sitting next to me randomly started a conversation with me.

He told me about how he had gone to a memorial service for a local girl that had been murdered (a very sad story that some of you may have heard about on the news). While he was there, a little girl, maybe about 8 years old, walked up to him and asked him about the hat he was wearing. He explained that it was a VFW hat, and he was wearing it because he had been in the Army and was a Vietnam veteran. The little girl hugged him and said, "Thank you for defending our country." He told me that he was amazed. That was the best welcome that he had ever gotten as a Vietnam vet, and they never really had gotten much of a welcome when they came back from the war.

After that, the little girl, her sister, and their mother spoke with him for a while. They ended up inviting each other to their churches, and before they left, they said a few prayers together. He had also commented to the girl's mother that if all parents spent as much time with their children the way she did, we would all be too busy loving each other that we wouldn't want to go to war.

A little sappy, maybe, but the story did get to me. When so many terrible things happen in this world, and there is so much stress over the economy and the holidays, a little story like that is enough to remind that there is some good out there.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.