Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Addicted to Online Shopping?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Addicted to Online Shopping?
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Addicted to Online Shopping? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
Okay so last month or so, I started looking for a new MP4 player online. I found a few at ebay that were really good, and... well, I ended up buying three, when I was originally only looking for one.

Now it's not as if I haven't purchased things online before, because really, I buy lots of things online, but as of late, I think I may be developing a problem.

Even though I always have to wait for my stuff to come, I love ordering online cause I love receiving packages! Even when I know exactly what's inside, for me there is an odd thrill about opening a box and getting shiny new stuff out of it; not to mention the box itself!!

Some of you may or may not recall that this Sianna has a mild fixation with boxes!

Please tell me that I'm not alone here!! *sobs*

I think I might need help!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
I Agree
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Addicted to Online Shopping? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
You're fine. While it's not that great to buy 3 MP4 players at once, I have 4 I-Pods, and their all full, so more than likely you'll fill those up just fine.

And you're not alone. While I myself don't constantly buy online, my mother does. Not a day goes by that at least two packages come in the mail for her. Mom has a closet full of clothes she never wears, and she always goes online and buys more. Then there's the water globes, the porcelin princesses, furniture that's destined for the basement, and OMG the hated fake Tiffany lamps (my name is Tiffany... you wouldn't believe how many people have ask me if Mom named me for her love of the stupid lamps).

Granted, it's slowed a bit since we moved, but it's getting bad again as the holidays get closer.

Not to mention that it's easier to spend online since it's so impersonal that you don't even feel as if you're spending any money!

So don't feel bad Sianna, you are definately not alone.

Logged Logged

Im never going to do that again until next week....

I iz the Master Agreer of Dokuga Island with my O.K. Stamp of Yes!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Addicted to Online Shopping? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Sweetheart, don't worry... it only becomes a "problem" when you spend more than you can afford to... or, in my case, acquire more than you can comfortably house.

Many years back, when times were good for our family and I had a "disposable income," I became 'addicted' to buying old horse magazines. I have a passionate interest in Quarter Horse, Paint Horse, and Thoroughbred pedigrees. I eagerly gobbled up any old horse magazines I could find on eBay, resulting in a 'library' that includes almost 50 years' worth of American Quarter Horse Journals. The problem is that they take up SO MUCH room!!!

I quite understand the delight of receiving those darn packages, though, and tearing into them. I did the same thing with my china pattern, silver pattern and milk glass... again, purchasing far more than I had room to put away. I have BOXES all over my basement - not a good thing.

When your purchases make it so that you can't afford the things you need, or they take up more room than the things you use every day... THAT'S when you have a real problem. Until then, occasional indulgences are cool. Still... 3 MP4 players might be just a tad excessive.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Addicted to Online Shopping? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
...occasional indulgences are cool. Still... 3 MP4 players might be just a tad excessive.

~~Wiccan~~

Hehe... That's kinda what I was thinking. When I bought the third one I was kinda thinking, "I really should stop buying MP4 players." And then I clicked the button anyway. After that, I banned myself from even looking for an MP4 player for three days. It probably only lasted for a few hours but fortunately, I wasn't compelled to get another one.

Thank you Wiccan and I Agree! I was hoping that I wasn't alone in this! I don't think my little fixation is serious yet, but I if had more "disposable income," I'm fairly sure that I really would have a problem!

Logged Logged

MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Addicted to Online Shopping? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 13
I had this experience once, about a year or two ago when my first relationship of 3 years fell apart.

The month after the breakup, I would buy anything from house plants to rugs to laundry baskets to games... anything.

Sad thing was, I was on a student salary and only made about $18 an hour, 6 hour part time job. The things I bought were well over priced for its use.

My creditcard was charged for about $3.5 grand the next month O_O
Which then my mother stepped in and forced me to move back into her house so she can monitor my creditcard... lol

The funny thing is... I never opened any of the packages I bought. They are still somewhere in my mother's basement. Except for the games. Which then was bad since I would pull all-nighters just to play a senseless, pointless game about Tape and making your own dolls or something.

(Sigh) If you get to that point, Miss Sianna, then yes.. you are addicted to shopping.

But really, there's nothing wrong with wanting something we don't have!
After all, human nature is to be lazy and selfish!

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Three MP4 players? lol. Well, I guess it's always good to have a couple of spares in case anything happened to the other ones.

Seriously though, I agree with the above comments. I don't think you're in the danger zone yet. My aunt is a shopaholic... once you start buying things (clothes, mostly) for almost all of your family members on a near daily basis, then you should start to worry...

Fortunately, I don't think I'll ever become addicted to shopping - I hate shopping. If I had a choice between shopping or having someone stomp on my foot, I'd go for the latter. It's a lot less painful in the long run. lol.

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Addicted to Online Shopping? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Nope...you're not alone I'm an ebay junkie...lol. I love bidding and winning--receiving packages in the mail is a bonus

Logged Logged
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Honey-Bee wrote:
Three MP4 players? lol. Well, I guess it's always good to have a couple of spares in case anything happened to the other ones.

Ehehehe... It's not as bad as it sounds! ...I guess.

I plan on giving two of them away! However, I will mention that those two people are close enough to me that I will still have access to all three devices!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.