Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Old Movies you can never forget..
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Old Movies you can never forget..
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
You know those movies you watched in your childhood, the ones that stayed with you even though you have grown into an adult(or teenager if that's your age now). Well I'm curious, what are some of the movies that are stuck in your brain even if you haven't seen them for years?

- - -
The one movie that always comes to my mind at most random times is the movie Powder. It was my favorite movie as a child, why I have no clue. But, it stuck with me and really struck a chord. I think this movie is one of the main reasons why I don't judge others on their appearance. But it was a movie I could watch over and over again without ever getting tired of it. If you haven't watched the movie, and would like to check out more information on it. You can do so here : www.imdb.com/title/tt0114168/

There are some others that aren't Disney movies, but I am very forgetful with names. However, there are two Disney movies that I still enjoy watching even though technically I am now an adult. Lady and the Tramp and The fox and the hound. I love both of those movies, however I disliked the sequels. While the sequel to lady and the tramp was cute, it just wasn't the same(I mean obviously, it focuses more on their child and his adventure, then on anything else)

The sequel to The Fox and the hound was just bleh. I didn't like it at all. The voice actors or the 'story'. XD yeah, definitely loved the original movies of those two.

SO, anywho, what are your favorite 'old' movies that you can watch countless times and still cry at the sad or touching parts? (Also, sorry if this in the wrong section ^^; )

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/11 18:53 By PRVN.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 47
Oh, there are so many I don't know where to start. I grew up watching a lot of musicals and still love to watch Hello Dolly, Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Little Shop of Horrors, and many more.

I also love The Land Before Time. When it first came out, my friends and I watched it so many times, we knew the entire dialogue by heart and would act out the entire movie. When I got older, I even had a pet parakeet that I named Peatrie.

And even though I was an adult when it came out, Lilo and Stitch is one that I can watch over and over again. The scene with Stitch saying that he's lost like the ugly duckling always gets to me.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
Like you, Lady and the Tramp and The fox and the hound are two of the many movies I loved as a child, ones I still enjoy watching even now. =) That scene where Widow Tweed drops Todd off in the forest and drives away always had me in tears... same with old Trusty in that scene with the carriage in Lady and the Tramp.

Here's one I was absolutely obsessed with as a child: Beauty and the Beast. There's so many wonderful scenes in this movie, but the one that's most memorable to me was when Belle was caught in Beast's room by... well, Beast. His reaction actually scared me when I was younger. lol. But I also felt bad for him as well, seeing his regret after he chased her away. I also loved the scene where he saves her from the wolves, which comes on after it. Here's both of them:

I haven't seen this movie in years, unfortunately. (Why doesn't the Disney Channel ever play this? It plays every other movie! So unfair...) I'm pretty sure I'll still cry at this one... if given the chance.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/11 21:02 By Honey-Bee.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
The ones I have loved since childhood, when I was a wee little phishy (a guppy, mind you) are still my favorites. I've had to replace VHS and DVDs so often:
    Bringing Up Baby (1938) - my all time favorite movie, bar none
    Any Marx Brothers movie (1930-1937ish) - Groucho is quick-witted and Harpo's horn.... giggle
    The Court Jester (1955) - The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pessel.
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959) - Disney. Young Sean Connery, and he sings!
    Young Frankenstein (1974) - Werewolf? There wolf. There castle.
    Spaceballs (1987) - Ludicrous speed!!! WHAT? You went over my helmet?
    The Last Unicorn (1982) - this one is an obsession with me, I own 6 copies of the movie on dvd and vhs (some are retired cause I wore them out as a kid), 15 copies of the original book (printed with different covers, in different countries, etc) and an audiobook version of the original book, read by the author. Yes, I'd understand if you were afraid of me after this.

and my generation's (Gen Y those born in the 80's) geek girl holy trio of movies:
    Labyrinth (1986) - Jim Henson's puppets, songs and David Bowie's crotch. What is not to love? Nothing? Nothing! Nothing tra~la~la.
    Legend (1985) - Good vs Evil. Light vs Dark. Tim Curry vs Unicorns!
    Princess Bride (1987) - Inconceivable! ~~~~~ Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/11 21:26 By phishbon3s. Reason: le poof

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
phishbon3s wrote:
Mine are:
    Bringing Up Baby (1938) - my all time favorite movie, bar none
    Any Marx Brothers movie (1930-1937ish) - Groucho is quick-witted and Harpo's horn.... giggle
    The Court Jester (1955) - The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pessel.
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959) - Disney. Young Sean Connery, and he sings!
    Young Frankenstein (1974) - Werewolf? There wolf. There castle.
    Spaceballs (1987) - Ludicrous speed!!! WHAT? You went over my helmet?

and my geek girl generation's (Gen Y those born in the 80's) holy trio of movies:
    Labyrinth (1986) - Jim Henson's puppets, songs and David Bowie's crotch. What is not to love? Nothing? Nothing! Nothing tra~la~la.
    Legend (1985) - Good vs Evil. Light vs Dark. Tim Curry vs Unicorns!
    Princess Bride (1987) - Inconceivable! ~~~~~ Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

O.o Wow. All my the Marx films I watched as a kid there. XD It would actually be hard to think of all the movies I was as a kid and try to pick the ones that stick out the most. >.< I come from a family of movie lovers. ...Actually, if I said the ones that made the most impact, you would realize that some of them I either dislike now or weren't really kids movies. For example:

Kid Movie I dislike now: Little Mermaid (Was my favorite for years)
Movie not really kiddish: Mr. Roberts.

My teen years are still going right now. XD I'm on my last teen year. So... most of those films mentioned so far I saw in my childhood. Heck, I watched Wilder Napalm as a kid. o.o Sort of. Parents telling you to look away for one part usually means I miss some of it. XD But yeah. Labyrinth, The Hobbit, Legend, Princess Bride, Father Goose, Doris Day films...There's a lot of those that I can find new things to like about them. (Although, I'm also the type that after I seen a movie enough, I start looking in the background of the shots to see what I didn't see before.)

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 23
haha wow. I remember and liked most of the movies mentioned! They were all good, I think I'm going to have to have to take a day and watch some of the movies mentioned

I'm also going to have to add Space Jam into my favorite movies. It was on T.V a couple of days ago and jeez when I saw it was playing I got so giddy. I had a huge crush on Micheal Jordan when I was a kid, so I loved that movie and it was still entertaining when I rewatched it.

It's crazy when you compare the kid movies from back then, to the movies they are now showing kids you can tell the changes.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/11 21:37 By PRVN.
Heartless-iPod-Ninja
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
One of my favorites ( I cry EVERY TIME ) isDumbo.. I cannot watch that movie without bawling.

That scene after the elephants wreck the tent and Dumbo's mother gets locked in her railcar, with Dumbo tethered outside. She reached out the barred window with her trunk to pick Dumbo up and rock him to sleep...and Allison Kraus is singing a lullaby... Aw man, I'm crying right now just typing this!! I need a tissue!

Logged Logged

Hug someone you care about, today. Tell them that you love them. You never know when they will be gone for good.

JessiCeleste89
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Wow... Space Jam that was my all time favorite!
But I still love and watch Peter Pan
ANd some other movies like::
Finding Nemo
Cinderella
Little Mermaid

I loved watching disney movies they were the best movies back then.

Logged Logged

~~~I claim Inu No Taisho\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\'s eyes~~~
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 12
I loved Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White. I also loved Abbott & Costello movies. Then there's Casablanca, To Kill A Mockingbird (best movie ever made), Shenandoah, the Thin Man series, West Side Story - I cried forever over that one. And Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet with Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting, it is wonderful! Disney's Swiss Family Robinson, it wasn't as good as the book, but I had the hots for James MacArthur back then. I also liked Mary Pickford in Broken Blossoms. That was a tearjerker of the highest quality, for all it was a silent movie. And I loved the original Frankenstein - 1931, with Boris Karlof, and Phantom of the Opera - 1925, which was a silent movie and all the more scary for that. You HAD to watch it to know what was going on. And John Wayne movies, lol. Then there's another silent movie, The Sheik, with Rudolph Valentino. The first time I saw it I thought it was sooo romantic, ahhhhh. The last time I saw it, it was still good, but I wanted to cold-cock Valentino's character and bitch-slap the heroine for being such a wuss! Looking over this, I can see I've spent too much time watching movies.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
Remember Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"? And how about Cher and Nicholas Cage in "Moonstruck"?

Logged Logged
tina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
I think the ones I will never forget are legend ( with a very smexy young tom cruise ) and any and all liz tayler movies she was the original raven haired blue eyed beauty , and laugh if you like but my very first glue me to my seat movie was rainbow bright and the star chaser

Logged Logged
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
When I was a kid everyone used to come over to my house to watch movies because I own almost all of the really good classic Disney movies. I still have all the VHS's on a shelf in my basement and keep a VCR around just to watch them and when I finally moveout of my parents house I'm taking them all with me no matter how hard my older brother fights me for any of them.

I couldn't believe when I baby sat for these kids and they's never seen a didney movie so I brought over Beauty and the Beast and it made one of them cry. All I could think of is how woussy kids are today and I'm not even out of my teens yet. Our generation of the 90's was so much better.

I also watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame after Reading the book by Victor Hugo and realised how violent the movie actually was. Like pouring boiling hot oil on the soilders and Esmerelda almost getting burned at to stake but actually burning in the book. What we never noticed as kids but can enjoy now.

There are three trilogy's that me and my brother used to watch over and over again at least once or twice a week even though they aren't ment for such little kids. We didn't get alot of stuff but couldn't stop watching it. They were Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Back to the Future.

Also every time I was sick I would get my dad to rent my Kiki's Deliver Service for as long as I can remember. I now own it along with Spirited Away but I wasn't introduced to that movie till later on.

I realised that no ones put the Wizard of Oz so I'm going to do it. Loved the cowardly lion.

Its hard for me to pick my favorite Disney movie without actually going down and looking at them but I'm going to say maybe Herculez, Mulan, or Tarzan. There the ones my friends make me watch the most.

I also remember my current best friend almost made me go crazy after forsing my to watch Rugrats In Paris only about a gazillion times.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
I can never forget the great disney movies I used to watch as a kid my favorites though were Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, and Lion King (OMG...I was OBCESSED with Mufasa when I was little and I cried so hard every time he died O.O I'm not kidding)

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11
Any of Gene Kelly's movies - especially "The Pirate" (1948) with Judy Garland and "Brigadoon" (1954) with Cyd Charisse. *fond sigh* Can that man move!

Guilty pleasure: the Hammer films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Bring on the popcorn!

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Rowdys Girl wrote:
And John Wayne movies, lol.

Hell yeah!

I forgot to add my favorite John Wayne movie to my list -> McLintock for the win baby!

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -666
I watched Secret of Nimh on hulu the other day. Nostalgia trip!

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
moonstar31548
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Here is my list:

The Princess Bride
Beauty and the Beast
Singing in the Rain
The Color Purple
Tremors
Pale Rider
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Dirty Harry
Jaws
Orca
Dirty Dancing
Star Wars
King Kong
The Wizard of Oz

that's all i can think of

Logged Logged
Hopeless Romantic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
ah old movies, I have a few that I could watch over and over.
Sabrina (both versions Humphry Bogart or Harrison Ford)
You've Got Mail ( the story of how my husband and I met)
The Many Adv of Winnie the Pooh (child loves it)
Much A do about nothing (with Keanu Reves)
The Sound of Music
My Fair Lady
Spaceballs
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Oscar (with Sylvester Stallon & Tim Curry)
The Thin Man movies (Husband's fault)
Casablanca (husband strikes again)
Not so much a movie but the Hogan's Heros TV series love that, too funny (Husband partially to blame)

Later.

Logged Logged
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 13
Beauty and the Beast is my all time Disney movie ever
Princess Bride
LadyHawk
Neverending Story, I can't believe nobody has mentioned this one
Ghost
Dirty Dancing
Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
SilentlyFuming
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
I was a Disney kid, Cinderella, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast... ahh, the good ol' days XP
Then there were those cruddy movies that you can't really sit down and actually watch anymore like Camp Nowhere and The Little Rascals (well...that one maybe once every twenty blue moons...)
Ooh and Spirited Away, I saw that when I was in fifth grade & only once but that's the best!!!

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
Kittylin wrote:
When I was a kid everyone used to come over to my house to watch movies because I own almost all of the really good classic Disney movies. I still have all the VHS's on a shelf in my basement and keep a VCR around just to watch them and when I finally moveout of my parents house I'm taking them all with me no matter how hard my older brother fights me for any of them.

I couldn't believe when I baby sat for these kids and they's never seen a didney movie so I brought over Beauty and the Beast and it made one of them cry. All I could think of is how woussy kids are today and I'm not even out of my teens yet. Our generation of the 90's was so much better.

I also watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame after Reading the book by Victor Hugo and realised how violent the movie actually was. Like pouring boiling hot oil on the soilders and Esmerelda almost getting burned at to stake but actually burning in the book. What we never noticed as kids but can enjoy now.

There are three trilogy's that me and my brother used to watch over and over again at least once or twice a week even though they aren't ment for such little kids. We didn't get alot of stuff but couldn't stop watching it. They were Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Back to the Future.

Also every time I was sick I would get my dad to rent my Kiki's Deliver Service for as long as I can remember. I now own it along with Spirited Away but I wasn't introduced to that movie till later on.

I realised that no ones put the Wizard of Oz so I'm going to do it. Loved the cowardly lion.

Its hard for me to pick my favorite Disney movie without actually going down and looking at them but I'm going to say maybe Herculez, Mulan, or Tarzan. There the ones my friends make me watch the most.

I also remember my current best friend almost made me go crazy after forsing my to watch Rugrats In Paris only about a gazillion times.

Oh! I loved all of those movies! lol. But if there was just one movie I'd be okay with watching for the rest of my life, it would be Back to the Future. I've seen that movie soooooo many times and I'm still no where close to getting sick of it.

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 20
AH, walking down memory lane...

One of my faves would definately have to be that cult classic 'A Boy and His Dog'...early Mark Hamill[Luke Skywalker]

Then there's BeastMaster...yeah, LOOVED it alot.The ferrets were so cute!

Even farther back:

The Quiet Man

The Legend of Billy Jack [I have Coven's 'One Tin Soldier' on my playlist]

Holiday Inn [good ANY time of year]

The old Robin Hood movies with Errol Flynn [Mama's influence]

Any Bruce Lee Movie

Clash of the Titans [big fan of greek mythology]

Oh this has me so wanting to have a movie marathon with a big tub of popcorn and homemade fudge!!!

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 23
I had to add to this, because I got a sudden urge to watch a movie from my childhood, and after finding it I'm watching it now. But:

Rock-A-Doodle.

I looooved this movie, I don't know if I still will. But it was one of my favorites growing up

Logged Logged
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I really enjoy watching classic movies, but my favorites include Gone with the Wind, Grease, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner, Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn, and so many more.

I still cry when I see Bambi's mother get shot by hunters. It gets me everytime.

Logged Logged

Mitsje
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Old Movies you can never forget.. 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I was going to huff and puff about nobody mentioning Gone with the Wind, but then Twilight Dawn saves the day!

Also, anything form Disney completely rocks my socks still. That and Labyrinth. Did you know that David Bowie wanted to play Elrond from Lord of the Rings? Can you just imagine it?

Oh, and my mom's all time favorite, and mine to some extent: Hair.

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.