Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert!
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
You might want to include Yahoo users as well. I received that exact same email. Luckily, my browser couldn't open the page and I 'forgot' my password, which is a good thing. I almost got suckered into this and deleted that accursed email.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 91
Though I'm sure most of you have seen these before many times if you've been around the internet for more than a couple years, this one is new and very real looking so will pass the information along to you.

I got three notices from Bank of America telling me that my account was being locked because there were too many failed attempts to retrieve information from it. The e-mail and everything on it including the privacy statement looked about as real as you could get and appeared as though a bank could have sent it. Problem is, I don't and never have had an account with Bank of America. This was a phishing scam to try to get information from people. There was just an article on MSN about this as well. So just a heads up!

A couple hints to keep you from falling for these things are...
if you get something like this call the bank, don't fill it out
if it arrives in your junk mail, it's just that-junk, don't bother with it.
NEVER give out your personal info or passwords to any site.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 9
What?! Its happening with yahoo as well? Aww darn, I only use yahoo -___-

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
There are also two really good looking ebay and paypal scams going around. The paypal looks dead on until you see the address that it was sent from - paypel.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 9
Its a conspiracy! *hysterical*

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:MSN/Hotmail users-Phishing Scam alert! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 91
I'm hearing about one from Yahoo that is Amazon. Same darn thing!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.