Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Have you ever lost a pet you loved?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Have you ever lost a pet you loved?
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
I'm really sad right now....thinking about Noogie, my black lab retriever mix.

You see he was put down recently. He was really old and he could hardly walk or get up because he had athritis in both of his back legs. Ealier in the night he was put down his kidneys and heart were literally shutting down so Noogie was puking and having diarreha....My parents took him to the vet but my mom was the one who decided to put him down because she said he was in pain and he eyes told her that it was his time to go...but....I just stop stop myself from crying when I think about him or when I look at a picture of him. It was heart-breaking looking at the urn with his name on top and seeing his ashes in a bag on the inside. We even got a poem about how great and special pet Noogie was from the pet service that cremated Noogie and I just lost it. It's gonna take me a while to adjust to the fact that when I'm at my Abuelita's Noogie won't be there to greet me, or to pet, or take pictures with....I really miss him.

R.I.P Noogie... I love you so much and I miss you. You were a great dog and you'll always have a special place in my heart.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/08 00:37 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 17
Sadly, I do know what it's like to lose a dear pet. A couple actually. We used to have a pair of cats named Jay and Silent Bob. They were indoor/outdoor cats. One day Jay didn't climb back over our fence. And then poor Bob got sick and died a couple of days later. And then we had a kitten named Chester. He was the cutest little thing. He always played with our rottwheiler(sp?) Isis. But one day he and Isis were playing too rough and she accidently killed him. I was devastated. For a couple days or so I couldn't look at our dog. I know it was an accident, but I was only around ten and I loved that cat dearly.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your dog. But at least he isn't in pain anymore. However, I know that knowing that doesn't stop the pain. All you can really do is deal with the mourning in whatever way you can, and someday it won't hurt quite as much.

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
Thank you so much your words touched me. I guess I haven't had time to grieve because my family got two male Pembrooke Welch Corgis and we've been focusing on them. But one day the reality of it all just hit me...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/08 00:59 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
We have suffered the loss of beloved pets in the past... and as recently as November of last year (unless you count my horses, whom I had to give up for adoption this year). Our Samoyed, Hobbes (who we had for 12 years), suffered from what is known as "bloat." This is a condition where, somehow, the dog's stomach flips and can only be corrected by costly surgery - without any guarantee that he would survive it.

It was a horrible shock - one minute he was fine; the next minute he was writhing on the ground in pain. We rushed him to the vet, but they really couldn't help him because we didn't have the $3,000.00 it would have taken to TRY to save him. We had him put to sleep right then so he wouldn't suffer further. He was with his people to the end, where he ALWAYS wanted to be, no matter what was going on with him. We were fortunate in that we have 5 acres of property, so we brought him home and laid him to rest next to our first dog, Calvin (who we also had for 12 years and lost to a ruptured tumor).

I'm so sorry for your loss. People don't realize, sometimes, the special bond we have with our pets... they aren't JUST animals for pet lovers, they are cherished members of our families. We still miss our old cats, who we let go when they got old and sick, and are now watching the signs of old age catching up with our Manx cat, who is coming up on being 15 years old.

I hope that your new dogs will help ease the pain of losing your dear Noogie. He looks like he was a wonderful friend, such kind eyes and a such a BEAUTIFUL coat. No one will replace Noogie in your heart, but you WILL find other beloved friends like him as you grow older, trust me. In the meantime, trust that Noogie is watching over you and, most likely, was just happy to have the time he had with you.

Wishing you peace and comfort...
~~Wiccan~~
PS - this was my "Hobbie"

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
Thank you, Hobbes is so cute!

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 47
We have lost a lot of pets over the years, as well. Some of them led long, full lives and died of old age, but others were much more sad. The one that I recall most is my sister's dog, Nicoma. He was part wolf and had markings similar to a German Shepherd. He was the sweetest, best behaved dog we ever had.

Sadly, we had him only a few years before he contracted cancer. We found out about it when a large lump formed on his back. By then it had spread too far to have anything done about it, if we could have done anything at all. He started to lose control of his hind legs and bladder, and possibly other bodily functions that were not so obvious. We had to put him down to end his suffering.

Although it pained us to lose him, it was comforting to know that he was no longer suffering. It also helps to look back on the good times we had with him. I still remember my sister and I taking him for walks in the woods, and my sister trying to catch a good picture of him leaping over a creek.

I am very sorry for your loss and hope that you have many wonderful memories of Noogie. So long as he is in your heart, he will always be with you in spirit.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
LadySafire
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Oh sweetie, I know so well what you are going through. As I think you know we had a house fire, we lost four cats due to complications from smoke inhalation amoung the four was my sweet Jasmine a white persian. My fifth cat got out due to the confusion and noise from the firefighters and smoke. He went feral and will have nothing to do with me.
After the fire we had to have my wolf hybride, Stormy put to sleep due to severe arthritis and cancer. Two weeks later we had to have the other wolf hybrid, Mikko put to sleep for the same thing. It hurt all of terrible. Most especially my daughter. she had grown up with both dogs, Mikko was her constant companion outside. He had been her buddy since the day she was born.

Take care Sweetie. It will hurt for a bit, it never goes away fully, it just gets easier to deal with.

Huggles,

LadySafire & Owl

I am sending you the newest pics of our most recent furfriend. Teddy. He is yet another wolf mix. And a complete baby.
File Attachment:
File Name: Teddy_face.jpg
File Size: 21723

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/08 02:41 By LadySafire.
zebbeed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
The dogs are all beautiful. And missed, and no less loved than any human whom has been in our life. I was raised in a rescue home. My father worked at the local pound/shelter and would bring home alot of "last day" survivors. And some people have no right to be pets keepers. I still remember the box of 10 3-days old pups that were dumped because some dolt wanted to go hunting and his dog had just littered. So we tried to hand-raise them. got 4 to weening.. sigh. The count-less dogs, cats, birds, and other animals that we cared for each left a warm place in the soul. All Dogs (and most Cats, Mice/Rodents, and Other animals beloved of man) have a special place in Paradise. And I keep warm with the help of my Chihuahuas.

Logged Logged

"... do I have issues? Dude, I have lifetime subscriptions!!!" quoted Shaggy
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever lost a pet you loved? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 78
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand completely, because my Golden Retriever, who did everything with me, died on Thursday. He was the sweetest, most gentle and beautiful dog anyone has ever seen. On Wednesday, I took him swimming, and got him a double cheeseburger. Thursday, I took him for a hike. After only about three miles, he began to pant heavily. I knew that was wrong, it wasn't that hot, only 72 degrees. We turned around and barely made it back to the car. He died just after we got home. His heart must have given out, though he was barely more than a pup. He had a condition that made him grow very big, he weighed over 140 lbs, though not fat, he was very tall and massive. I was told he would not live long, but I always told myself that this could not be true. I can only tell myself that he had a very good life, though short. During the time he was with me, he was loved completely and had many adventures and was admired by all who met him. He had a happy life, and died in my arms, looking into my eyes. I think it is a good thing that we live longer than our dogs. That means we can watch over them until the end, and not send them off into an uncertain future. I know he is safe now, and it has to be in a very good place, because he deserves it.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.