Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Asian Dramas, what's your poison?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Asian Dramas, what's your poison?
tinykuma
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Asian Dramas, what's your poison? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
So I was reading an old thread and the people were talking about asian dramas and which sites to watch them at. I realized that they were all different sites where you would have to search pretty hard to find the whole series and all that fun stuff. My friends and I are HUGE fans of asian dramas and live action series and we found a wonderful website that has links to all the wonderful websites those people were talking about. It has a huge collection of taiwanese, chinese, japanese and korean series. The website is mysoju.com. It's organized and has the entire series all in one place.
It is magical and it will take you to happy and incredibly sad heart wrenching places. Enjoy.

mysoju.com

While you're at it feel free to make suggestions. What are your favorite shows?
I personally recommend Hana Yori Dango

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Asian Dramas, what's your poison? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 13
I personally don't like Mysoju.

I am a major asian drama fan, and have watched hundreds of films and dramas.

And that site just doesn't suit my needs.

My favorite site is a chinese site that has all asian dramas, or another english site called

aznv.tv

Amazing site. Has Drama, Anime, movies.

Just curious, what were your personal favorites?

Logged Logged
tinykuma
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Asian Dramas, what's your poison? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
really? Mysoju has worked pretty well for me, they've gotten better recently. Oh well. I'll try the aznv.tv. Anime is the one thing that mysoju has missing.

My favorites are hana yori dango, 1st shop of coffee prince, Devil Beside You, Hana Kimi (but I like the manga more), Hotaru no hikari, Jotei, Romeo and Juliet. There are others but that's pretty much it.

My all time favorite kami sama mou sukoshi dake. What about you? What are some of your favorites?

n

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
oh my gosh!

You didn't like "Romantic Princess" ??

That's almost like a rip of Hana, but it's still very good.

What about Full House, and Fated to Love You? (Fated to Love you is absolutely stunning... to me)

I really didn't like the Coffee Prince, I mean... I didn't like the main female. Maybe because she's too into her character.

Lol, I should give it a try.

As for Mysoju, I was tryign to watch Full House several years back, every link, no almost every link was broken, or the speech was off with the video.

Bad memories with it, so I'm kinda bleh about it.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Asian Dramas, what's your poison? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
Some days I spend all day watching movies on sites like that. This morning I watched 200 Pounds Beauty. It is a really good movie! I tried watching Absolute Boyfriend but the hosting site was very slow so I gave up on it. I never knew that there was a drama created from the manga. They switched some things around and it peeved me a bit.

One of my first dramas was Kimi wa Petto. Matsujun! *swoon*

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
I adored 200 lbs of Beauty.

It was a very moral based movie to me.

Absolute Boyfriend was... well I don't want to spoil your ending.

Go to Aznv.tv, they have it there. You just need to download winamp.

Also, there's Wonderful Life (Korean version). I love that one. It made me so angry at some points. Gosh... I think that is one of my top 10 favs. And 1 Litre of Tears, another of my top 10 favs. Another is Smiling Pasta and Why Why Love.

Logged Logged
tinykuma
Pup
graphgraph
I've never watched romantic princess. I'll get on that though. Fated to love you is on my short list of dramas to watch, but last night I was going through the shows mysoju has and I found a bunch of live action versions of manga I've read and now I'm practically foaming at the mouth to watch them. Sounds like romantic princess will be good.

I never finished watching coffee prince. The lead girl was pretty irritating, but Gong Yoo is hot and I liked the plot. It was pretty entertaining to watch. Best part had to be when Gong Yoo took pills because he thought he was gay. Good stuff.

I've never had to deal with a broken link before so maybe that's why I'm still fine with mysoju.

My friends watched Absolute Boyfriend but I think only one of them finished it. I can't bring myself to watch it since I know it isn't going to end happily. Maybe one day when I'm feeling particularly morbid.

I watched Koizora last night and I can't even begin to describe it. Everything that can go wrong does go wrong. It's so ridiculous. I still liked it though.

Matsujun...mmm he's a fun one. I like his stuff, but I'm in love with Matsuda Shota. He so pretty ^.^

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
I think I love Matsujun because he can be so dorky. No matter what he's doing, he brings in the element of total dork XD

I know how depressing Absolute Boyfriend ends since I read the manga, but it was still such a good series. I wish they would have stuck with the original idea of the girl being a high school girl instead of a grown woman. Things may be the same, but as a person who was a fan of the manga it may be hard to move to the live action. I love most of the live action adaptations, while the changes bother the crap out of me.

The one movie I can't find ANYWHERE is Tokyo Tower. That movie is amazing, at least what I've seen on it. I managed to see most of it, but not the last twenty minutes or so. It bugs me.

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Hmm.. I haven't seen Tokyo Tower.

What's it about?

Erm, brief summary please =D

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Here's the IMDB synopsis: Toru Kojima and his friend Koji are young student boys with one thing in common - they both love to date older women. Koji is a playboy with several women, young and older, whereas Toru is a romantic with his heart set on on certain lady.

It's a pretty drama heavy movie, with some hot scenes that I thought were a bit unusual for a movie with Matsujun since he's always had that almost bubblegum image that all of the Johnny's boys seem have.

Logged Logged
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Asian Dramas, what's your poison? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
OH MY GOODNESS!! There are others out there like me!! I'm obsessed with asian drama. I've watched way too many. My favorite of all time though has to be Fated To Love You. That drama is just A-Mazing!! I also loved Goonge and Goonge S and I'm totally guilty of watching Goonge S for the sole purpose of wanting to Se7en !!! I've watched Romantic Princess (which has its shallow points, but comes out strong in the end), and some of Why Why love. I just couldn't finish it b/c I'm so scared of how it will end. 18 vs. 29 just ticks me off!! 1% of Anything is pretty good too but it's slow at some points and drags a lot. Brown Sugar Macchitto(?) was just plain awesome and hilarious. I loved Gui Gui and Prince. Reminded me a little of drama version of a Kag/Sess couple!! I just started on Ms. Kim's Adventure to a million dollars (I think i got the title right...it's a bit long). OH and Meteor Garden(The Taiwanese version of Boys before Flowers) is so good. I wasn't too crazy about the sequel though. I will never understand drama directors fascination with amnesia!! I also watched some of Smiling Pasta, which I will finish!! I also enjoy DoReMiFESoLeTiDo. It's a really good movie. Koizora is a really sad movie that moving at the same time. Only watch if you are a lifetime movie binge and you need a good cry. 200 lb beauty was amazingly enlightening and emotional yet humorous at the same time. 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant is just plain hilarious!! That's all I can think of now. I watch most of my dramas at mysoju. But sometimes I'll head over to youtube if the link is broken or got straight to the original website.

Logged Logged

Dehlia
Pup
graphgraph

I happen to like this one Taiwanese drama that started around the time of last year's Olympics. It's called "Hot Shot." I used to watch it on Crunchy Roll, but I'm not sure if they have it on their anymore.

I also LOVE "Pink no Idenshi." I haven't read the manga, but the show's hilarious and sweet. I recommend it especially to couples looking for a laugh and a dose of drama!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.