Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
First Inuyasha Movie Title
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: First Inuyasha Movie Title
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
First Inuyasha Movie Title 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
Okay, not a self-promotion, but a major concern that I just saw. The first chapter of my story, and the name of the imaginary website in the story is 'Love Transcending Time'. To make sure that I wasn't butting in on someone's real website, I searched to make sure that it didn't exist. What I found was not what I thought.

The first Inuyasha movie, from my search, came up with that title. 'Love Transcending Time'. I did a search on IMDB and it said that the title is 'Affections Touching Across Time'. Which one is right?

And given this new information, should I change the name of the chapter and the name of the imaginary website? The last thing I want is to get in some kind of trouble for something I was ignorant on. IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE!!!

Please help me!!!!!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
precioushime16
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First Inuyasha Movie Title 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
To my knowledge the title of the movie is "Affections touching Across Time" in the english translation. I'm not sure if "Love Transcending Time" is the direct translation from the Japanese version but I will try to look more up on it for you.

Logged Logged

I'm not cute or built to fit a fashion model's size.
It's in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal Woman
That's me.
--Maya Angelou
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First Inuyasha Movie Title 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
Thank you so much. I've checked my sources, and I come up with 'ATAT'. I just don't want to get into any trouble. Kudos to you for helping me!!!

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:First Inuyasha Movie Title 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -666
Both might be right because it has been my impression that the Japanese vocabulary is not quite as varied as ours. Basically, both titles mean the same and could quite possibly be written the same in Japanese. How it's translated to English is up to the translator and there may be several interpretations. My thoughts are that you should leave it how you like it and perhaps place an A/N citing your reasoning. That ought to curb anyone who might bring it up.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:First Inuyasha Movie Title 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
Thank you very much, Lady. I didn't think of that, but now that you do, I do. *scratches her head and laughs* That does take a load off of my mind.

Logged Logged
elley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First Inuyasha Movie Title 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
Okay, so I came across this topic a while ago and did a little more research today on it. As far as the law goes, titles for books and movies cannot be copyrighted. What can be copyrighted is the content of the story, original characters, and what not that you've uniquely created.

However, titles can be trademarked. Although, the trademark is usually used only series and not for one shot works. I'm pretty sure Inuyasha and all the sub titles for the series is not trademarked either.

Well, that's it for my "surface understanding" of copyright and trademark laws.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.