Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
If you see a swine...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: If you see a swine...
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
...kill it.

So, you know how a little while ago I was all asking questions about Japan 'cause I was going there? Not any more! Japan closed their border (at least on us Californians) because the swine flu alert has been elevated and they're an island country and they can do that.

But I'm not mad! No! I'm just enormously depressed! *sigh* Stupid Japan, you're exactly 40 days too early to be shutting your borders. We had an agreement! You'd do it while I was there. And saying I'll have priority next year means crap because next year won't matter! I'll be going there anyways, separate from our jolly group! The only chance I'd have of going there is if they suddenly lifted the ban before too much time has passed. Any doctors out there? Where's my miracle cure?

But I'm done ranting now, so I'll just go sob in my corner and maybe write something where a lot of people die so I'll feel better. (insert sobby smilly here)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 17
Man...That has to suck.

I think the whole swine flu deal is completely stupid. IT IS THE FLU. Seriously? Thousands upon thousands upon other thousands die of the regular flu every year, and NO ONE panics!

Hopefully, the ban lifts quickly. I want to go there someday.

Logged Logged

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
I know what you mean Lady Mist... they even stated more people die from the regular flu than the swine flu. In fact I was recently in for a doctor's appointment and I have a low immune system but he told me I would probably have a worst time with the flu than the swine flu. He doesn't agree that it should have been raised to a pandemic

Logged Logged

Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
Indeed. The only reason it has been raised is because anybody is susceptible to it, there won't be a vaccination for it for another three or four months or something like that. Other than that its just like your everyday, week of hell, flu

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
They better have locked the Mexicans out first! They started it! That's all i have to say.

p.s. Does anyone remember all the hype over SARS? WTF? Nothing ever HAPPENS....

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
I have to tell you, I was really getting sick of seeing things about it every day on the news. It was just ridiculous. I agree that people are making too big of a fuss about it. I was in the hospital in May for 10 days because of the regular flu. No one made a big deal about that! Yeah, I have a weakened immune system, but still...

There have been less than a thousand deaths around the world from this (last time I heard) and they act like it is the fricking bubonic plague. With all the fuss about this flu, I expected this to be like THE STAND, but no.

Talk about making a big deal about nothing.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 66
It's just like that 'bird flu'. It's just another strain of the flu. Seriously, I do not see what the big deal. The H1N1, swine flu, whatever they call it is just that. It's the flu.

They made such a big deal about it on the news for weeks, especially on the local news (mind you, I'm from New York City) when those kids from St. Francis Prep came back from spring break in Mexico. Most of the cases were in my area. The only reason why some people died was that those people had underlying conditions which most likely undermined their immune systems. You don't see New Yorkers being quarantined.

You notice how the hype just died down? I'm sure they'll come up with a vaccine this strain as well. The media sucks that way sometimes.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
There have been less than a thousand deaths around the world from this (last time I heard) and they act like it is the fricking bubonic plague. With all the fuss about this flu, I expected this to be like THE STAND, but no.

LMAO! I love The Stand! but you're right....the media loves to overhype this stuff like it's the end of the world.

Logged Logged
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
wow that thing is still going around, i haven't heard about it in a couple months, shesh i heard the Hong kong (i think that is the right on) was much worse,
i am sorry to hear that japan closed it's borders, that is quite...ridiculous.
mabye next year we will have the horse flu, or the dog flu, mabye even the human flu. (and toranushi i totally agree with you the media is hyping this up, but at least for me the moved on to better and more annoying things like what obama is having for lunch)

Logged Logged
Heartless-iPod-Ninja
Pup
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
I heard on the news the other day that the death toll for swine flu was at 250.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there, like, 6 billion people on the planet? The original hype was that it was going to be an epidemic! Stay home if you're sick! Don't let your children go outside! It's the worst flu EVAR!

...and yet, there have only been 250 deaths so far. (granted, each one is a tragedy, i'm sure, but...)

Eeesh. Find something else to do than scaring the general public. Like, maybe, finding a way to lower gas prices. How's that?

/rant

Logged Logged

Hug someone you care about, today. Tell them that you love them. You never know when they will be gone for good.

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:If you see a swine... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -666
Lady Shikibu wrote:
...kill it.

So, you know how a little while ago I was all asking questions about Japan 'cause I was going there? Not any more! Japan closed their border (at least on us Californians) because the swine flu alert has been elevated and they're an island country and they can do that.

But I'm not mad! No! I'm just enormously depressed! *sigh* Stupid Japan, you're exactly 40 days too early to be shutting your borders. We had an agreement! You'd do it while I was there. And saying I'll have priority next year means crap because next year won't matter! I'll be going there anyways, separate from our jolly group! The only chance I'd have of going there is if they suddenly lifted the ban before too much time has passed. Any doctors out there? Where's my miracle cure?

But I'm done ranting now, so I'll just go sob in my corner and maybe write something where a lot of people die so I'll feel better. (insert sobby smilly here)

Couldn't you try taking a flight to a city where flights from the US are permitted and then flying to Japan? Might cost a little more, but you'd get there, wouldn't you? Like maybe flying to Hawaii and then to Japan.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Ari
Pup
graphgraph
They seriously closed the border? You poor thing, I would be spitting nails mad. All that built up hope and they lock you out.

Logged Logged

I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.

To Lucasta, On Going to the Wars
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.