Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Modern "Conveniences' NOT!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Modern "Conveniences' NOT!
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Modern 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Oh, I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate those robots. When I call Fed-Ex, I get so frustrated. It's like, "I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, ROBOT! GO AWAY!"

If you want a quick cheat, I work at a bank, you can get around the horrible phone tree if you press zero. It'll get you to an operator. At least when it comes to the phone tree for where I work.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Re:Modern 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Noacat wrote:

Ug. Our last computer was a Dell. I had to deal with their tech support only once. It was a nightmare I hope I'm never forced to relive. First, he barely spoke English -- which isn't a problem, unless you're supposed to be servicing English speaking people. Then it becomes something of an issue. So, I try to deal with it, even though I'm asking him to repeat himself constantly. In the end, he couldn't help me. I think they sit there at those centers with a little card that lists common problems and they go by those cards strictly. If your problem doesn't meet the parameters on their card, you are shit out of luck, my friend.[/quote]

Ooooooooooh and have you also noticed, my sweet that their products have a 4 year built in obsolescene factor? Works a treat until year 4...then the bottom falls out. As to the 'language' barrier...oh...ohhh...ooooh woman...hmmmm. I am positive they sit there with cards. The long poignant silences speaks volumes as the veins in your temples begin to throb .

Logged Logged

Selah
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Modern 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
I don't know if any of you have this problem, but when I call for internet support or the bank or anything nowadays, i'm speaking to a computer.

Computer: Please state your problem

Me: I have internet connection issues

Computer: Sorry, I didn't understand you, can you please repeat?

Me: I have internet connection issues

Computer: Sorry, I didn't understand you, can you please repeat?

Me: I want to speak to an associate

Computer: I still have trouble understanding you, please try your call again later, Goodbye

Gah!!! It can be soooooo annoying at times. I'm normally very patient, but things like this push me.

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
ElegantPaws wrote:

Believe me, I completely...UTTERLY...understand. A usually exceedingly Zen and happy go lucky woman becomes a raving banshee with these things. We are best left to a quiet corner in a straight jacket. It is almost as joyful as speaking with those 'helpful' people at the other end of DELL when you simply want to make one simple purchase. "No, kind Sir, I do not want...blah blah blah...see, let us both go online together and look at the item with the number blah blah blah...can I have that please?"

Long patient pause..."What part of, I want blah blah blah did you not understand? No, I do not wish to take you up on your kind offer Sir, I would however, appreciate a simple yes or no answer to my query. I am sure you are EQUALLY busy and have other clients to annoy...I mean attend to."

Yeah...I understand perfectly my dear....it really is best that we are lead away to a quiet corner by our indulgent other halves...far less destructive

Ug. Our last computer was a Dell. I had to deal with their tech support only once. It was a nightmare I hope I'm never forced to relive. First, he barely spoke English -- which isn't a problem, unless you're supposed to be servicing English speaking people. Then it becomes something of an issue. So, I try to deal with it, even though I'm asking him to repeat himself constantly. In the end, he couldn't help me. I think they sit there at those centers with a little card that lists common problems and they go by those cards strictly. If your problem doesn't meet the parameters on their card, you are shit out of luck, my friend.

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:

Lol that's how I feel about automatic doors. Their only job is to open, yet they epically fail at it! Seriously, if you're not going to open, warn a girl! I have run into an automatic door before, because it didn't open...not one of my finer moments.

Badically here's the life lesson: Automatic? Not so much.[/quote]

What about the revolving ones that require the Incredible Hulk to push them and invariably you always end up behind a little old lady WITH A WALKER and a grocery bag that is stuck in the blades. You of course have to come to her assistance and slowly extricate her things while pushing slowly for fear of injuring her and her purchases. Then behind you is Miss or Mister PUSHY PANTIES who wants you to move faster and is giving you the look. So you end up literally stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Logged Logged

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Modern 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27

Lol that's how I feel about automatic doors. Their only job is to open, yet they epically fail at it! Seriously, if you're not going to open, warn a girl! I have run into an automatic door before, because it didn't open...not one of my finer moments.

Badically here's the life lesson: Automatic? Not so much.[/quote]

I know what you mean. My sister was seven (me fourteen) when I took her shopping. She ran into the 'automatic' door to the grocery store and asked me 'Is the door broken sissy?'

Logged Logged

ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
My husband exiled me to the front room because I wasn't so much helping as I was becoming a seething ball of rage. At one point, I just yelled, "WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE IT JUST WORK!!" Because, seriously, why can't computers just freaking WORK.

Or the cash counting machine at work. It's only job is to count cash and it doesn't even do it well. IT'S YOUR ONLY JOB, CASH MACHINE. YOU COUNT CASH! WHY DON'T YOU WORK!

Believe me, I completely...UTTERLY...understand. A usually exceedingly Zen and happy go lucky woman becomes a raving banshee with these things. We are best left to a quiet corner in a straight jacket. It is almost as joyful as speaking with those 'helpful' people at the other end of DELL when you simply want to make one simple purchase. "No, kind Sir, I do not want...blah blah blah...see, let us both go online together and look at the item with the number blah blah blah...can I have that please?"

Long patient pause..."What part of, I want blah blah blah did you not understand? No, I do not wish to take you up on your kind offer Sir, I would however, appreciate a simple yes or no answer to my query. I am sure you are EQUALLY busy and have other clients to annoy...I mean attend to."

Yeah...I understand perfectly my dear....it really is best that we are lead away to a quiet corner by our indulgent other halves...far less destructive

Logged Logged

ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Modern 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 15
Noacat wrote:
There was one time I nearly ripped the case apart, Incredible Hulk-style. My husband had to take it away from me, because I was seriously considering either flinging it into a wall or off the balcony. Oh, and don't even get me started on computer crap.

We just got a new one and we had to put all our old programs back on. It was a nightmare. My husband exiled me to the front room because I wasn't so much helping as I was becoming a seething ball of rage. At one point, I just yelled, "WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE IT JUST WORK!!" Because, seriously, why can't computers just freaking WORK.

Or the cash counting machine at work. It's only job is to count cash and it doesn't even do it well. IT'S YOUR ONLY JOB, CASH MACHINE. YOU COUNT CASH! WHY DON'T YOU WORK!

Badically here's the life lesson: Automatic? Not so much.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Have you tried to open a barbie package lately? Seriously, that shit is tighter than fort knox!

I was helping my cousin open one and I'm pretty sure it took me over an hour and I may or may not have been precariously close to losing a finger. Just sayin'.

Why do barbies need such intense packaging? Is there some strange string of barbie thefts that I am unaware of? Why do we need barbie anti-theft boxes? WHO STEALS BARBIES!!!

lol, that was my rant, hope you enjoyed it.

Omigod, you are SO right. There are about a thousand of those little twist ties and little plastic holders that are secured with tape that I swear to god is industrial strength -- so strong you could hold an entire skyscraper together with it.

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Have you tried to open a barbie package lately? Seriously, that shit is tighter than fort knox!

I was helping my cousin open one and I'm pretty sure it took me over an hour and I may or may not have been precariously close to losing a finger. Just sayin'.

Why do barbies need such intense packaging? Is there some strange string of barbie thefts that I am unaware of? Why do we need barbie anti-theft boxes? WHO STEALS BARBIES!!!

I most certainly did !

Seriously though, this anti-theft crap has got to go! It has gotten to the point where you can do yourself a serious injury! Sigh...bastards!

Logged Logged

Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
There was one time I nearly ripped the case apart, Incredible Hulk-style. My husband had to take it away from me, because I was seriously considering either flinging it into a wall or off the balcony. Oh, and don't even get me started on computer crap.

We just got a new one and we had to put all our old programs back on. It was a nightmare. My husband exiled me to the front room because I wasn't so much helping as I was becoming a seething ball of rage. At one point, I just yelled, "WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE IT JUST WORK!!" Because, seriously, why can't computers just freaking WORK.

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 15

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
My favorite are the DVD wrappers. First, you have to struggle with the freaking plastic wrap over the case. Then you have to peel, like, thirteen thousand of those stupid little sticker things that they put on CDs too. And you pull it where they tell you, but it only comes off in a stumpy little strip. So you pull again, and another little strip comes off. Then you pull a third time, but you can't get a fingernail underneath it, so then you go for a knife -- my weapon of choice is the Xacto knife. And you eventually get it off or you cut yourself. Either way you feel like stabbing something.

TALK TO ME SISTA GIRL! Oh lord...6 times today I went through that shit with the CDs!Nearly took of the top digit of a finger. Yours truly isn't clever enough to have an exacto and whatnot. You will notice of course that cigarettes are not similarly packaged? You rip the little thingy and all is well with the world. But something GOOD for you like music...movies and the like...no, it requires advanced physics to get the freakin thing to come undone! Sigh...see, I knew someone would understand. Never wonder why Itunes is having a booming business and CD sales are plummeting. You hit what you want. It downloads and no lose of appendages!

Logged Logged

Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
My favorite are the DVD wrappers. First, you have to struggle with the freaking plastic wrap over the case. Then you have to peel, like, thirteen thousand of those stupid little sticker things that they put on CDs too. And you pull it where they tell you, but it only comes off in a stumpy little strip. So you pull again, and another little strip comes off. Then you pull a third time, but you can't get a fingernail underneath it, so then you go for a knife -- my weapon of choice is the Xacto knife. And you eventually get it off or you cut yourself. Either way you feel like stabbing something.

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Noacat, don't even get me started on those damn things! It is enough to sit down and cry sometimes. In the end you always have to go by the blasted pictures!

WORD!

Logged Logged

Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
I got one of those do it yourself shelving units. The directions were in English... barely. Once we got finished, we had nearly an entire bag-full of parts leftover. WTF??

Logged Logged
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
CD PACKAGING

WTF?! Can someone please explain to me why in hell it is so hard to 'release' your CD from its clear plastic prison? Open here my ASS! By the time you are done you have practically broken the CD case and the content goes flying.

ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS COURTESY BLIND PYGMIES WITH A SICK PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE STREAK

Fell in love with a water fountain for our hallway. It sounded so charming in the store and we wanted a focal point when you walked through the door. So bright spark (points at self) nudged her hubby and says:

"Wouldn't that look great?"

Yeah right. Half of it is still in the much abused box. Why you ask? Simple really, we were not told what to do with the bits and pieces THAT CLEARLY are important...but apparently not sufficiently important to merit a diagram of what in hell they are! It didn't look that complicated in the store:blush: ....it is going back tomorrow!

Am sure you have your horror stories. I am telling you...so going back and so taking the floor model home! At least I know 'that one' works!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Logged Logged

Janna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Anybody ever had the lovely task of trying to open one of those plastic covering for toys or something? The kind that are heat glued together on the edges?

OOOOOOOHHHHHH! It makes me wanna kill something...terribly...with a knife...cause it's much more personal.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
or those neat lil boxes with mix in them that you need to cook with? Not only is the box so glued together you about shred it to get it open then you get to the inner plastic liner that you inevitably rip wrong and spill mix all over the flipping place, especially the floor. Noodles are the worst for that. It never rips where it is supposed to and you end up with it all over the place

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Modern "Conveniences' NOT! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 58
I'm still working on child-proof caps... half the time they mock me with a dull pop and grinding click as they refuse to open.

though my biggest source of woe is that EVERYTHING is designed for right-handed peoples! universal blades are NOT universal. and every xmas instead of cash-monies bonuses what do we get but shears that are for THE RIGHT HAND! Do you know what those do in the hands of a left-handed stylist? Cutting isn't on the list... now if the client wanted their hair bent and stuck between the blades then painfully ripped out...

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.