Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Creative ways to ask for reviews
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Creative ways to ask for reviews
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Noacat wrote:
I'll bake you cookies if you review. That's mine. Of course, I won't really bake you cookies. It's just an incentive and once you review, it's far too late. Because now I have a review and you have no cookies. Thus the circle of life is complete.

You're close enough... I could troll through town looking for you, hollering "NOA, I WANTS MAH COOKIES!!"

Then again, I'd probably get arrested. Okay, you win. I gets no cookies.

~~me~~

That actually would be pretty funny. If you drive down 28th St. long enough you'll probably find me.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 91
It could I would think LOL but i don't ask for reviews on any of my stories so hadn't really tried to reword it.

The difference is, for those that have never posted on 'regular' fiction sites, is that all of them state somewhere that the only payment the authors on the site receive is reviews. So they all ask that you leave the author some payment in the form of a review. Doesn't work mind you LMAO but they ask.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
Danyealle wrote:
Way back in the past, long before i was writing fan fiction, i used to use 'Reviews are the only kind of 'payment' the author gets for their work here so kindly leave a tip in the jar when you exit the story.' Though I'm not sure how well that one would go over on fan fiction sites because of the payment thing.

You could change 'payment' to 'incentive.' That could work, yes??

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Way back in the past, long before i was writing fan fiction, i used to use 'Reviews are the only kind of 'payment' the author gets for their work here so kindly leave a tip in the jar when you exit the story.' Though I'm not sure how well that one would go over on fan fiction sites because of the payment thing.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
I'll bake you cookies if you review. That's mine. Of course, I won't really bake you cookies. It's just an incentive and once you review, it's far too late. Because now I have a review and you have no cookies. Thus the circle of life is complete.

You're close enough... I could troll through town looking for you, hollering "NOA, I WANTS MAH COOKIES!!"

Then again, I'd probably get arrested. Okay, you win. I gets no cookies.

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Sora-chan
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
Noacat wrote:

ah that makes sense, and for us poor unsuspecting fangirls we love cookies and updates so yeah lol

Logged Logged

*piku piku*- the sound of blinking
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14

Logged Logged
piratequeen0405
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
sora wrote:
one of the best that Ive seen is "Reviews are fuel" moue I cant remember who uses it tho!!!! XD its on the tip of my fingers

That would be ElegantPaws, though others may also use the line as well--those three words get to the point

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
sora wrote:
one of the best that Ive seen is "Reviews are fuel" moue I cant remember who uses it tho!!!! XD its on the tip of my fingers

I believe you're thinking of my dear, dear friend, ElegantPaws! She often has "Reviews are fuel" at the beginnings of chapters in some stories and occasionally at the end in others.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Infinite Silence
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
bartering reviews for chapters and putting a quota of reviews before the next chapter comes out. lol.

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
that's not allowed on here. Were talking about asking for them, not demanding them

Logged Logged

Sora-chan
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20

Logged Logged

*piku piku*- the sound of blinking
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 91
There are lots of ways to ask someone to leave you a review what's the best one you're seen or come up with?

Logged Logged

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Creative ways to ask for reviews 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -666
In all honesty, I've found that replying to reviewers when they ask questions encourages them to write reviews in the future. There's less of a distance between you as an author and they as readers when you breach that gap through e-mail or private messaging. If a reader genuinely feels that their opinion or perspective is valued then they will not only enjoy the story more, but they will be more inclined to share their feelings through reviews.

And whether it's nicely put or not, asking for reviews always places an implicit necessity on the reader to leave you a review which is not what should be expected of them. After all, anyone who writes a review because they think they have to will not write a good, worthwhile one for you as an author, because you will always have to suspect that they did it because they had to and not because they were moved to.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.