Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
LJ Dokuga Community?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: LJ Dokuga Community?
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
LJ Dokuga Community? 15 Years ago Karma: 15
I dunno if this off-topic or not...um, I guess it is. Anyway, I noticed people posting up stories based off of challenges from the LiveJournal Dokuga Community. I've been on LJ forever, but I've never joined a community. Is the Dokuga one open to everyone? I tried doing a search for Dokuga in LJ and came up with nuthin'

I'm interested in the challenges in particular. Doing challenges helps me get over bouts of writers block, heh. Any input on this is much appreciated.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/15 15:53 By DaiyoukaiGeisha.

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
beermoney5
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:LJ Dokuga Community? 15 Years ago Karma: 4
to join Dokuga Contest try going to

community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest/

Logged Logged

[img]http://dokuga.com/g2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10540&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:LJ Dokuga Community? 15 Years ago Karma: 696975
community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest

It's open to everybody as long as you're an LJ member. Membership is free and it's easy to join, though I'll warn you it's not the most user friendly until you figure it out. It took me a little while to figure out how to post.

At the top of hte page you'll see a link that says 'user info' or 'profile' (I can't remember which) if you click on that it will take you to the profile page and all of hte rules are spelled out there.

On the sidebars of the community it tells you the challenges. There is a weekly word perfection challenge so you interpret the theme however you want and just make sure you hit the word count exactly.

There's also a bi-weekly one shot challenge which is 500+ words.

Forthright has also created several ongoing challenges that can be completed at any point in time. She offers participation banners to those who complete them. There's the seasons challenge, spectrum challenge, christmas/holiday challenge and Child's Play. You'll see links for them on the side bar as well.

If you have any questions about the community, you can send a PM to forthright, or send a PM to me as I'm familiar with it, its set up, rules, etc.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:LJ Dokuga Community? 15 Years ago Karma: 15
Awesome. Thank you both!

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.