Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How to kill boredom 101
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How to kill boredom 101
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
How do ya'll kill boredom? Do you listen to music? watch tv? play some type of game? (board game/video game) or do you sleep? or eat?

Personally, I listen to music when I'm bored or I'll just free sketch (which usually turns into an Inu no Taisho drawing frenzy because the Inupapa is my favorite with Sesshy at a close second) Sometimes I'll even fall asleep in the middle of doing something.....it's happened lots of times before.

So what is your adivce to kill the disease that plagues us often?

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
Well, when bored, I often times find myself cuddling on the couch with my boyfriend, which can lead to other activities that are a good cure for boredom. Aside from the obvious options there, we watch the news, try to debate different subjects, being assigned a pro or con line of debate, even if it is not our own. On Saturday we also gave each other pedicures. It was an event with lots of laughs and twenty messy purple toes

Video games are good. Housecleaning is annoying but productive. Reading fics is also great, along with all other types of reading. Sleep is good. I guess I find lots of ways to fight boredom. It is a terrible war!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
That depends on the kind of boredom I'm suffering. Usually boredom leads to writing, but there are times when I'm what I call restless bored, where nothing, absolutely nothing sounds appealing. That's the worst. I can't write, can't focus on tv, can't read, nothing. Then I mostly complain to whoever will listen how bored I am, except to my mother, because she always has very unappealing suggestions of things I could be doing... like the dishes, vacuuming... I learned a long time ago to never tell my mother that I'm bored.

Music is a biggie. It wakes up some part of my brain that needs an alarm clock. TV is a huge waste of my time, and I waste a lot of time on it. I try now to only watch TV while I'm working on my business, since then I'm still being productive. If I start playing a video game, don't expect to see me again for a few weeks, until I finish it or get stuck and cranky and give up. Sleep was/is a bad habit of mine. I've learned I either need under six hours or over 12, but it is so hard to get up when sleep passes the time so much more quickly. (and then I complain about there not being enough hours in the day)

Advice, I suppose... know yourself and your quirks and habits, and take advantage of that knowledge to find a way to do... anything

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
...but there are times when I'm what I call restless bored, where nothing, absolutely nothing sounds appealing. That's the worst. I can't write, can't focus on tv, can't read, nothing. Then I mostly complain to whoever will listen how bored I am, except to my mother, because she always has very unappealing suggestions of things I could be doing... like the dishes, vacuuming... I learned a long time ago to never tell my mother that I'm bored.

Oh god restless boredom is the worst that's when I try and draw but it comes out messed up and updating my stories makes me want to puke (I don't know why but when I'm in a negative mood...I'm hit....bad O.o..) so the only thing I do is be emo and stare into space or just watch something on tv. I usually watch C.S.I, N.C.I.S, or something on Animal Planet about dogs.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
zebbeed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
i once heard a wise man say.." boredom does not exist, you have meerly missed an opportunity to do something important in your life." so i miss a lot...lol.. but something good to do is a LARGE picture puzzle, something you really like and then mount it on cardboard with some school glue and frame it... then give it to a friend....

Logged Logged

"... do I have issues? Dude, I have lifetime subscriptions!!!" quoted Shaggy
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
zebbeed wrote:
something good to do is a LARGE picture puzzle, something you really like and then mount it on cardboard with some school glue and frame it... then give it to a friend....

I like that idea. Spending forever on a puzzle just to take it apart again seems so pointless to me. Maybe once my daughter is old enough to do a real puzzle we'll have to do that.

I have Kagome and Souta doing puzzles as a family activity in one of my fics, and they do the glue thing.

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
InuYoukaiLiz wrote:

Oh god restless boredom is the worst

You can say that again. It kills me.

so the only thing I do is be emo and stare into space or just watch something on tv. I usually watch C.S.I, N.C.I.S, or something on Animal Planet about dogs.

I love the true crime shows. I could watch the Investigation Discovery channel all day long. Criminal Minds is my favorite regular show, but I like NCIS and the rest too. When I'm writing though, I try not to watch tv much, because if I get started I'll never stop!

Logged Logged
Janna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I tend to play with my plot bunnies until something strikes me and I put out a challenge or a request fanfiction.

If not my plot bunnies, I dream about mokomoko's.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How to kill boredom 101 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 66
Picturing every almost every pairing conceived in fanfiction, mainly Sesshy, Inuyasha, and Inupapa/Touga/Inutaisho with just about every female character in the Inuyasha universe. Right now, my plot bunnies are dancing in my head as I write this post. Other than that, I watch tv, surf the 'Net, play video/computer games until I come up with something to write. Sleep definitely helps.

I'm also imagining all three Inus working their charms on whoever ends up their mates. Yeah, I definitely have Inuyasha on the brain.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.