Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
Some time back, I enlisted the help of some car guys in my old department to give me a description of an old school muscle car that is still poplar, and what mods they would do to it. I remember some of the things they said: Twin cams, V8 engines, nitrous, etc. But I lost the paper with had the long and lovely description, so this is where the car ladies of Dokuga come in. Heck, even the men (boyfriends, brothers, cousins, fathers, husbands) in your lives could help.

I need a nice deep description of an old school muscle car with descriptions of the mods and additions like breaks, nitrous etc.

It’s for a fic I’m currently working on. I need a couple of car suggestions to put in a garage and the main one will be for InuYasha. I will post thanks for the everyone who helps and mention who’s I use.

Thanks friends!

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 32
I can't tell you anything off the top of my head, but I too am working on a fic that involves cars.. specifically an old Camaro and a bunch of import race cars. What I suggest, is that you pick up a couple of muscle car magazine. They usually give spes on most of the feature cars, all the way down to the paint. That is what I did. I looked through a bunch of magazines and found what I was looking for, and went from there.

Logged Logged
twiknham
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
That's one of my recommendations, a 1969 Chevy Camaro SS.

I recommend a Ford Shelby (type of Mustang), classic black. Early 1970's were nice. They seem to take well to nitrous, being small.

And a Dodge Charger. You pick the year, needs to be some type of metallic color.

However, everyone has their own taste in cars and your best bet is to do exactly what Sesshys_jaded_samuri recommended.

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
I appreciate the reponses, thanks sesshys_jaded_samuri and twiknham.

I will take your advice to heart.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Oh, but you CAN'T possibly go wrong with a GTO... any year, but my faves are 1968 - 1970. Probably cuz I had a 1970 when *I* was a kid, and because we have a 1968 now.

The 1970 had a stock 455 cu. in. 4-barrel Quadra-jet, Hurst 3-speed with a Muncie transmission and enough kick to put you back in the seat (and beat the pants off any Mustang we ran into... even munched on a Road Runner for breakfast once!).

The 1968 is in the process of being rebuilt. It already has a fuel cell instead of a heavy gas tank, a completely fiberglass front end and hood, aluminum wheels and racing slicks on the rear, along with the stock Muncie 4-speed transmission. My son plans a competition cam-shaft, competition rods & lifters, a bored-out Pontiac 400 cu. in. block and Ram Air III heads. It will also have a competition distributor, either an Edlebrock or Daemon carb., ceramic-coated headers, a nitrous kit, a line-lock, and (possibly) a wheelie-bar (to prevent scraping the bumper when one launches from the line).

Anything else one wants to know about muscle cars and mods??? Let me know - my son has YEARS of Car Craft and High Performance Pontiac magazines just laying around. Plus we have a 1994 TransAm, if you want your "muscle" a little newer!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/02/19 01:36 By wiccanmethuselah.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 32
You have good taste, Wiccan!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
sesshys_jaded_samuri wrote:
You have good taste, Wiccan!

Thank you!!!

The '70 GTO was the real beauty, though. Sleek, metallic silver and chrome w/black interior... I still miss that car horribly. *sigh* Those were the days!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Thank you, WiccanMethuselah! You have gone beyond my expectations!!! Thanks for the help!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
phishbon3s wrote:
Thank you, WiccanMethuselah! You have gone beyond my expectations!!! Thanks for the help!

You are most welcome m'dear... my pleasure to be able to assist an author!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Um a 1969 cherry red mustang! Its perfect!

or

(my favorite car) A stingray!! (Corvette)

Logged Logged
Bellaniece
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need help from the car-lovers of Dokuga 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Oh I have some good one for you

a 1969 Nova SS and a 69' Chevy Chevelle SS so beautiful!! *sigh dreamily*
also maybe a Corvette not the new ones the old stingrays...

Good luck with your search

Bell

Logged Logged
daapatemysoul
Pup
graphgraph
If your looking for a new sports car to add to the mix, you can't go wrong with a Tessla Roadster. Serious sports car, seriously all electric. They sell for over $100,000 each. To bad they're not in my price range- I want one soooo bad!

Logged Logged

Insanity makes life more fun. Don\\\\\\\'t believe me? Make faces at random stangers and see what happens.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Oooooo! Thanks for more ideas, Nobody, Bell and daapatemysoul!

I was tempted to use a German Countach because I heard it roughly translates to something like "holy mother-f***ing cow". *giggle*
But it didn't suit my needs.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.