Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Authors: Fiction Hating
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Authors: Fiction Hating
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
I would have to say my least favourite story - well - it's between Her Romeo, His Juliet and Innocent Until Proven Guilty. I think my one shot was waaaay out of character [which it totally was!] and Innocent Until Proven Guilty has a bad name and, at some parts, seemed very childish [i.e. Chapter 8 - but everyone loved that one!]

And my least favourite OC...? I don't really have a least favourite. Maybe Ai, Sesshoumaru's mother in IUPG. But Haru, Sesshoumaru's oldest brother from that same story is my favourite OC. He's such a dolt!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
LuxKen27
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
LC Rose wrote:
I have enjoyed everything of yours I've read. So you know I am in your audience, Lux, and I'm proud to say so. Even if I offered no comment at the time, I was given a good read. You have a great ability to transfer emotion through words.

Thanks! Yes, it seems the people who do follow my work as very loyal, which I appreciate more than I could ever express in mere words.

I'm glad people like my work, because I do work hard at it and pour a lot of myself into it...but all the same, I'm doing something I love, so even if I somehow managed to make myself into a pariah within the community, I wouldn't stop writing. Its too rich and fulfilling an experience at this point - even if I don't share everything I attempt.

Logged Logged
I Agree
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
I actually have several, most are idea's and others are posts that I hated so much I took them down. Like 'It's all in the Drugs' a PWP that will never again see the light of day. Why? I never edited it and it shows and then there's the massive amounts of OOC. 'I Never' annoys me a bit, and only because I posted it too soon. After thinking on it I found it moved too fast, but now I'm too lazy to edit it. And I'm really not liking my 'What the Darkness Brings.' It isn't turning out the way I saw it in my head.

Logged Logged

Im never going to do that again until next week....

I iz the Master Agreer of Dokuga Island with my O.K. Stamp of Yes!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
I know that the whole point of the thread was to have authors share what they disliked about their own work/OC characters, but I have to interject something strictly from a readers point of view:

Just the fact that all of you have taken the time and effort to craft a story for this pairing is worthy of praise from the get-go. The fact that so many of you work hard at honing your skills is evident from the progression of earlier works to recent. That, too, is praiseworthy.

The kicker for me, though, is that you willingly post your babies, publicly, for all of us to enjoy them, with nothing more than reviews for 'compensation.' As someone who avidly devours good stories but rarely has time to review them, I want to - equally publicly - THANK all of you for all your hard work... and that includes, MOST ESPECIALLY, every single author who has posted to this thread thus far.

If you haven't seen a review from me on one of your stories, I apologize. It doesn't mean, however, that I enjoy them any less than those I do have time to review!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26
Thanks Wiccan!! I had always assumed that if you didn't review on a story that you probably didn't like it very much, or at least not enough to review. I know you've read some of my stuffs and even though I've never actually heard from you, I hope some of my random scribblings have been a sorce of enteratainment for you!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Lady Sianna wrote:
Thanks Wiccan!! I had always assumed that if you didn't review on a story that you probably didn't like it very much, or at least not enough to review. I know you've read some of my stuffs and even though I've never actually heard from you, I hope some of my random scribblings have been a sorce of enteratainment for you!

My dear Lady S!! I cannot believe that, out of all the wonderful stories you've written and I've enjoyed, I was so negligent as to not leave a single review... for that you have my MOST abject apologies!!!!!!!!! *Bad, BAD Wiccan!*

Now, off to review 'Detrimental Desires' forthwith!
:/
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

wawa
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
I find that I like or hate my stories depending on my mood. Sometimes I read over my stories and I think did I really post this junk, and at other times I think wow I am really funny.

Logged Logged

If the zombies chase us, I’m tripping you
not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
I wouldn't say I hate it, but...

Everybody loves Kagome's Number One Fanboy, but I have nothing planned for it! It was a whim kind of fanfic, and coming up with new ideas has been a total pain.

Logged Logged
Akumi
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
I don't think I hate any of my stories, even though most of my early ones were so poorly written I cringe every time I read them.

I just can't hate a story I wrote in the past because it all helps me grow as a writer. The mistakes I made and the horrible story lines make me learn. Sometimes I look back at it and laugh because the way I think now is nothing like that. Haha

I actually rather enjoy reading my earlier stories, always a way to cheer me up.

-Love Akumi

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Dreams are the true reality in which nature can not decay.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Oh god *shudders* There are soooooo many stories I've read I can't even remember them but god were they horrible >.< Plus..... alot of them were short chapters and so Mary Sue-ish.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
we're talking about authors own works they write, not bad fiction

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
beermoney5
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
I thank you also Wiccan and I assumed the same as Lady Sianna. I also know that my stories are not as good as most but hopefully with time they will get better.

Logged Logged

[img]http://dokuga.com/g2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10540&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
The story that I hate is His Desire. Man, nobody read that one. This one was universally hated on fanfiction.com as well. This was written for r0o's 2009 GM challenge, and everyone missed the point, I think. Oh well.

My worst character I created has to be Kujokokugen from The Miko and the Taiyoukai. I just don't like her. She is evil, but to me, she seems like a very one dimensional character. I do not like the whole story The Miko and the Taiyoukai. I thought it was good until I read some great stories on here. Now I think it is crap. There is no cure for that. Authors will always be their own worst critics. If I kept going over and over chapters, nothing would ever get published. It would never be good enough. So I write it, go over it very quickly, and publish it, so that my inner obsessive compulsive perfectionist doesn't reach it on time.

By the way, all of you that say you hate some of your characters, or dislike them or saying that you do not like your stories should know that some of us love your writing and are so jealous at the same time. We wish we had your talent, and feel very privledged to be allowed a glimpse into your world and imagination. Thank you all.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
thirteenxwishes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
Oh, I have a long, long list of stuff that I would willingly go back and edit... or is that kill with a sharp object? xD Most of my early attempts, I think I did. And I'm sometimes tempted with the newer ones too. >.<

I'm pretty new to the big wide world of Inuyasha fandom, but nothing really changes from one genre to another - I always find myself headdesking when I even attempt to write humour, and then I worry over my characterisation and plot and basically everything else, which means I inevitably end up disliking most of the stuff I post. xDD

Epic!fail, yes?

But I definitely agree with the people who've said that we are our own worst critics. *nodnod* All writers, professional or not, have to be perfectionists - who knows why, it must be some unwritten rule.

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Authors: Fiction Hating 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
I really, really HATE "La Vie en Rose". It was something I wrote on a lark when I had writer's block on another story. I had no real plan for it. No general idea of the story arc or plot. It was just sort of random and then I made another chapter and another, and people liked it and... well, it's my first Sess/Kag and it shows. Plus, it didn't really come from the heart. It was born out of being bored, rather than having something to say about anything.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.