Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The Inuyasha movies
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The Inuyasha movies
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The Inuyasha movies 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 91
Did you like them or no? Either way, why? Do you use them in your fiction if you write? What do you think would have a made a good movie? Inquiring minds want to know!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:The Inuyasha movies 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
Yes, I've watched them. I didn't like all of them. I actually couldn't stand the second one, but not exactly sure why. Something just bugged me. I did love the third and fourth. I really like the third, mostly because it told the story behind Inuyasha's life, and what Sesshy was told by his father. I loved the fourth one as well, but kinda didn't like that Inu's sword is like a Digimon, and somehow got itself to mega there. XD

As much as I like the films, I don't use them in my writing. It's strange, but I don't. Although, I may one day.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:The Inuyasha movies 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 15
I've watched all of em. I even own all of them (even the ones I didn't care for) on DVD.

All of them with the exception of the 3rd one are just extra long anime episodes to me. They didn't really add much to the characters or the overall storyline. The 3rd one is the exception and is by far the best out of all of them IMHO. Even though the hardcore don't consider any of the movies to be canon, at least the 3rd one gave what at least I wanted most...some backstory. More info about the dad, Inuyasha's mom, Sesshomaru and his sword obsession, etc. It was well written and well drawn IMHO.

:: Spoiler Alert ::

I liked the 4th movie all the way up until the final battle (but I did find the kids and those stupid fireflies to be really annoying!). I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that the battle between Inuyasha and the dragon-type War God (aka the leader) should have been that damn easy. That guy wiped the floor with him in 2 seconds in the beginning, but at the end all of a sudden Inuyasha turns into a dynamo and defeats him? Bull****. Also the part where they all form Voltron or something was incredibly boring. Finally, the whole "the fireflies will protect us" thing had my husband laughing the entire time. What are they going to do? Glow furiously at the Four War Gods? Ugh.

::End Spoiler Alert::

I definitely use some of the movie stuff in my writing, but I borrow mainly from the 3rd and 4th movies. Mainly so I can get some basis around the backstory for the characters.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/26 12:08 By DaiyoukaiGeisha.

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.